News Reflections of Earth confirmed to be replaced by Harmonious

tirian

Yeah, the disconnect from the fans is baffling.

"Wait. You mean people remember and love this old character? What was his name again, Dreambuilder or something? Huh. Anyway, as I was saying Chet, the new Wreck-It Ralph Web-a-Round is a surefire bet. We're taking a Tilt-a-Whirl, pasting some stickers on it and putting a Ralph statue in front of it for theming. The best part is that we were able to buy up an old Big Boy statue from in front of a restaurant that is closing and the boys in the shop tell me that if they change the paint scheme a little, nobody will notice. How are you going to spend your bonus?"
And the worst part is, many in the Internet community would defend that scenario. “It makes my kids happy. Who are you to judge?”

Good thing Walt and the original Imagineers were willing to make harsh judgment calls; otherwise, Disney theme parks would look like local amusement parks.

SoupBone

He's probably referring to Inca Dance by Cusco. No, it's not the same melody as Gershon Kingsley's Popcorn (later made famous by Hot Butter). Inca Dance was part of the original 1999 pre-show loop. It was not included in the 2004 update. A couple/few years ago they started randomly choosing among the two pre-show loops each night, which is why you may or may not hear the track during any given visit.

Inca Dance (Cusco):

Popcorn (Hot Butter):

Not gonna lie. As much as Illuminations is probably my favorite original Disney show, I laughed my butt off at his reference. I love the pre-show music but can appreciate that others don't. There have been times when I didn't hear it at all which I thought was odd.

I'm still gonna miss this show, and really wish they'd consider IP like Figment if they just have to have IP added. I really can't stand the thought of Olaf and his Yellow Snowball Stand in EPCOT and taking up prime residence in a beloved show.

Inspired Figment

It's even sadder when you try to explain how important Dreamfinder and Figment were to Classic Epcot to Disneyland fans.
You’d actually be surprised at how interested the Disneyland fans are in Dreamfinder, Figment, and Journey Into Imagination, me being one of them. 😉 I can speak from my own personal experience of going often.
Infact, in recent times I’ve seen a much larger surge in people wearing Figment-themed attire. *A lot* of people love the characters and original ride.. even the few that have never seen the original ride, still love Figment as a character. Interestingly enough, most of these folks I’ve spoken to actually live in California.
That, and *plenty* of DL cast members recognize and enjoy Dreamfinder & Figment too. I’ve only had overwhelmingly positive reactions and conversations with guests and cast members about them. The large majority of them want the original spirit of that ride brought back. So yeah.... definitely something to think about/consider. 😊

Last edited:

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
And the worst part is, many in the Internet community would defend that scenario. “It makes my kids happy. Who are you to judge?”

Good thing Walt and the original Imagineers were willing to make harsh judgment calls; otherwise, Disney theme parks would look like local amusement parks.
I can think of one or two members here who would be first in line with comments like that.

"We like Wreck it Ralph, so this is good for us. lol. All these complainers, lol. One time I ate a large pizza at the Seaside Heights Boardwalk and it was more expensive then a personal pie at DizzY Werld, so the prices are fine. lol. Don't like it, stop going. lol"

flyerjab

I guess this is an appropriate time and place to announce this will be my last post here for the foreseeable future. The WDW I fell in love with is clearly gone after last Saturday's revelations. It has been a fun ride, everybody. Special thank you to @marni1971 and @WDW1974

Actually, I think that you are the type of poster that this board relishes and appreciates. These forums are filled with diehard Disney fans that like how the parks were approached in the past. I think it is a great forum for longtime fans to reminisce and speak to how things used to be.

It is ironic to me that you say this as I actually have also been contemplating leaving this forum. I am much newer to WDW (only the last decade) and have found my opinions to be...less popular than most others here. I am excited for what is coming and love finding out about things here well in advance of when they actually happen. That being said, the news from the last D23 and Destination D events have been roundly panned here. I am really in the minority at times from an opinion standpoint. As I like to also think of myself as a think for yourselfer, I might just be posting much less on here. I’ll always be checking in though. The best Disney news on the web has always been wdwmagic!

jt04

Actually, I think that you are the type of poster that this board relishes and appreciates. These forums are filled with diehard Disney fans that like how the parks were approached in the past. I think it is a great forum for longtime fans to reminisce and speak to how things used to be.

It is ironic to me that you say this as I actually have also been contemplating leaving this forum. I am much newer to WDW (only the last decade) and have found my opinions to be...less popular than most others here. I am excited for what is coming and love finding out about things here well in advance of when they actually happen. That being said, the news from the last D23 and Destination D events have been roundly panned here. I am really in the minority at times from an opinion standpoint. As I like to also think of myself as a think for yourselfer, I might just be posting much less on here. I’ll always be checking in though. The best Disney news on the web has always been wdwmagic!

Exactly. Sad anyone would leave. Especially long time people like HMF. At least keep lurking and hitting the like button when Martin shares some news. That's my plan.

eliza61nyc

Hey flyerjab,
come try the trip report and trip planning forums. I find that the folks there are just much happier. We are a lot "newer" for lack of a better word to the parks so you don't have as much "living in the past" Disney and comparing every single thing to how it was back in the day. We have been accused of just "accepting" what ever Disney offers but that's cool, we don't mind. It's just a different vibe. here folks will post what they hated about their vacation (dirty trash cans, surely cm's, missing light bulbs on a ride) there folks will post what they loved about their vacations

I am NOT saying one is better than the other or any forum is right or wrong, just two different ways of looking at the vacations and wdw.

Last edited:

surfsupdon

I can think of one or two members here who would be first in line with comments like that.

"We like Wreck it Ralph, so this is good for us. lol. All these complainers, lol. One time I ate a large pizza at the Seaside Heights Boardwalk and it was more expensive then a personal pie at DizzY Werld, so the prices are fine. lol. Don't like it, stop going. lol"
Do you eat pizza at my boardwalk? I just had Marucas for lunch. I’m down beach in the Park. Haha small world

HMF

I guess this is an appropriate time and place to announce this will be my last post here for the foreseeable future. The WDW I fell in love with is clearly gone after last Saturday's revelations. It has been a fun ride, everybody. Special thank you to @marni1971 and @WDW1974
OK, I guess I kinda over-reacted to the prospect of losing my beloved Reflections of Earth. The show means a lot to me and I will be returning to WDW next year to bid it farewell. but after much thought I am going to continue posting here and engaging my fandom until I see the permanent new show (I actually think Epcot Forever sounds promising as a temporary thing)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom