News Beauty and the Beast sing-along coming to Epcot's France Pavilion

LittleBuford

...It's a movie. Not quite the same comparison. It's not 3D, heck, not even circle vision. There is no sense of awe about it to the average guest.

It's just about as entertaining as the old film that played after Maelstrom that nobody remembers. The only reason this is remembered is because it's been the only attraction this pavilion has had to offer, not overshadowed by a better attraction (For Norway, that was Maelstrom).

I have never heard a single person EVER say... "I'm so excited to go to Epcot today so that I can go see Impressions de France!" Nope. It has never happened. You'd be lying if you said you have said it. At the most, it's a "Hey we're passing by it. Let's check it out again just for the heck of it" kind of attraction. That is NOT the same comparison as pirates or tower of terror. What is wrong with you.

This is a matter of opinion and taste. From the responses here, it's clear a good number of people are excited to watch and rewatch IdF. And I'm one of them, even though I'm also looking forward to the singalong.

justintheharris

Maelstrom kind of sucked too.

*ducks*
Not that the thread is about that, I'll stand with you on that. It was a boat ride and you looked at trolls. Now it's a boat ride where you look at Frozen animatronics with a nice soundtrack. I think BOTH rides are about on the same level. And Maelstrom never had more than 40 minute wait even on the busiest days so when everybody pretends like it was their favorite ride... pfft. Sure.

MuteSuperstar

Something that can be experienced with a good set of Bose headphones and an iTunes download. Play a collage of HD clips of France on YouTube, then boom. Same experience. You can now do it at home.

Not remotely the "same experience".

And Bose sucks.

But yeah really if you are going to use that logic, just sit and watch clips of Beauty and the Beast on your phone and belt out the songs. Same experience.

MuteSuperstar

Dumb question. Why didn't they stage show or m&g in the France Pavilion with the Hunchback of Notre Dame characters?

Seems like they've pretty much consigned that film to the dustbin in terms of park presence. Too dark for hypersensitive modern parents maybe, I dunno.

I mean if we're going IP, let's get everything out there...Robin Hood, Sword in the Stone, Jungle Book. Open it up some instead of hitting the same notes with Lion King, Mermaid and BATB.

Kman101

I'll agree with you on test track. But soarin is great. The only thing I think that it lacks is a great queue. The one in DCA is much better.

I wasn't super specific in my post but the queue is my only real problem with Soarin'. I'd have liked it as a standalone aviation pavilion, but it works attached to The Land. I enjoy it; I just think they were lax on the 'set up' so to speak, but it's a minor quibble. And with Test Track, it's strange for me. I thought the Crash Test Dummy stuff was a better setup to the ride itself. The new Test Track is visually fitting and not totally different but still ... again, minor complaints but it just felt like they were giving the thrill without the substance but it's just how I look at it. I still enjoy and ride both.

Kman101

[Q
Sorry to burst everyone’s bubble but Impressions is outdated as hell and the theater is never full every time I’ve seen it.

Oh no, the movie set in France is getting in a film set in the France pavilion.

Jesus you guys really seem to overreact at everything. “RIP EPCOT”? Lol sure.

You're right. There is a massive overreaction, and your post is one of them. It's really bizarre how some people's heads seem to explode at those who loved Epcot of old. Why does it bother some of you so much? We all love the parks in different ways. Nothing wrong with that. Try being less abrasive and rude. But you're certainly entitled to your opinion.

How'd you like all of your posts to be followed up with the same reaction you just gave? I doubt you'd like it very much. And on the flip side, sometimes yes it does feel like you're ostracized if you like anything they're doing currently. It'd be nice to find a middle ground with each other ...

LittleBuford

not at all but you have to admit that the quality sucks and most of it is antiquated.

that's what makes it bad.

I actually think IdF has aged very well: its focus on historical monuments and use of classical music render it timeless. The only one of the World Showcase films that I think is well past its prime (assuming it was ever good!) is O Canada!, which is quite a bit newer than IdF.

eliza61nyc

Beauty and the Beast (unless if you mean the live action remake) premiered in 1991 (9 years after IDF) and Hunchback of Notre Dame premiered in 1996 (14 years after IDF)

lol, I meant the original novel by Victor Hugo published in the 1800's. it was a bad joke

that's how old that reel looks and feels

Last edited:

eliza61nyc

I actually think IdF has aged very well: its focus on historical monuments and use of classical music render it timeless. The only one of the World Showcase films that I think is well past its prime (assuming it was ever good!) is O Canada!, which is quite a bit newer than IdF.
I do love the music. I absolutely refuse to go to O Canada. let me go youtube it again

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
It absolutely is a valid comparison. Whether or not you’re too uncultured to appreciate the film, doesn’t negate the fact it’s still an attraction. There is nothing iconic about tower or pirates, other than the theming and storytelling, because when it comes down to it, you can experience those type of attractions at you’re local theme park.
I'm sorry to tell you this, but if you believe that pirates and tower are not iconic, then honestly, there is no point in arguing with you. That is the dumbest thing I have ever read on any thread. Period. Also... you do realize that Disney World IS a "local theme park" to many, right? I have Carowinds close by... And no, nothing there compares to the quality of an attraction like Tower of Terror or Pirates. There ARE some pretty nifty travelogue films at our local world history museum, though.

And you can also experience thrills of a rollercoaster using a VR headset. By that logic, the entire industry should shut down
You cannot experience the thrills of a rollercoaster using a VR headset. You do not get that g-force, the wind, nor the physical elements that come with Disney's coasters. Your movie does not have any physical elements being missed.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom