Mickey's Mix Magic - New Firework Show 2019

TROR

Original Poster
From the other site:

"Starting January 18th, 2019, Disneyland will be home to a new Projection and Fireworks Show called Mickey’s Mix Magic in honor of the corporate icon’s 90th birthday celebration.

Disney is describing the show as “the biggest dance party to ever come to Disneyland” and it will feature Mickey as he hosts a new experience featuring projections, exclusive music, lights, lasers, and fireworks (sometimes). The exclusive music will be electronic takes on favorite Disney songs. Projections will take place on Sleeping Beauty Castle, Main Street USA, “it’s a small world”, and the Rivers of America.

On weekends, the show will feature pyrotechnics, but during the week (Monday through Thursday) it will be a projection-only show."

Model3 McQueen

In the Parks
No
Sounds exciting.

I wonder how mad the other site gets seeing how often WDWMagic's members (myself included) quote them :p

VJ

From the other site:

"Starting January 18th, 2019, Disneyland will be home to a new Projection and Fireworks Show called Mickey’s Mix Magic in honor of the corporate icon’s 90th birthday celebration.

Disney is describing the show as “the biggest dance party to ever come to Disneyland” and it will feature Mickey as he hosts a new experience featuring projections, exclusive music, lights, lasers, and fireworks (sometimes). The exclusive music will be electronic takes on favorite Disney songs. Projections will take place on Sleeping Beauty Castle, Main Street USA, “it’s a small world”, and the Rivers of America.

On weekends, the show will feature pyrotechnics, but during the week (Monday through Thursday) it will be a projection-only show."
Interesting. Not sure how I feel about this just yet.

JD2000

You lost me at projections.

So the rumor of greatly reduced fireworks in every new show is true. Projections were already lame and distracting from the real show.

What is Disney thinking?

mickeyfan5534

You lost me at projections.

So the rumor of greatly reduced fireworks in every new show is true. Projections were already lame and distracting from the real show.

What is Disney thinking?
When have fireworks ever gone off every day in the offseason outside of anniversaries? This is actually a plus now that there's going to be a show every night.

I mean...

WHAAAA PROJECTION BAD! BIG BOOM GOOD!

GiveMeTheMusic

This is a good way to get inexpensive nighttime entertainment in DL every night. DLR refuses to run Fantasmic nightly like WDW and TDR do, and with the light parade now in DCA, that leaves DL with no nighttime entertainment many nights throughout the year. This fixes that at almost no expense.

The show at HKDL is a lot of fun, and it does not employ pyro. I expect the weekend version with pyro will be even more fun.

VJ

This is a good way to get inexpensive nighttime entertainment in DL every night. DLR refuses to run Fantasmic nightly like WDW and TDR do, and with the light parade now in DCA, that leaves DL with no nighttime entertainment many nights throughout the year. This fixes that at almost no expense.

The show at HKDL is a lot of fun, and it does not employ pyro. I expect the weekend version with pyro will be even more fun.
Exactly my thinking. Allows them to run the show much more often than just on weekends, which to me is a good thing. I guess we'll see how it goes!

VJ

We know literally nothing about this show other than that it'll have projections with fireworks on the weekend an EDM soundtrack. How can you be so sure?

(I know the answer but I know I'm already on thin ice by speaking against the groupthink)
Take a look at the link I posted above. I don't doubt that show is what they're going for here.

Sharon&Susan

We know literally nothing about this show other than that it'll have projections with fireworks on the weekend an EDM soundtrack. How can you be so sure?

(I know the answer but I know I'm already on thin ice by speaking against the groupthink)
This will be the first fireworks show in DL history, where the fireworks aren't the main focus of the show and can (and will) be turned off. I'm hoping the fireworks (on weekends) will still feel important to the show and not be just an unimportant part of the show. I'm sure it'll be worth watching at least once, but I hope it still feels like a fireworks show and not a projections show.

mickeyfan5534

This will be the first fireworks show in DL history, where the fireworks aren't the main focus of the show and can (and will) be turned off. I'm hoping the fireworks (on weekends) will still feel important to the show and not be just an unimportant part of the show. I'm sure it'll be worth watching at least once, but I hope it still feels like a fireworks show and not a projections show.
Anything is better than John Goodman and Billy Crystal attempting and failing to belt while ill timed fireworks burst.

Honestly, my theory is that it is a test for Star Wars plans. Can't be closing Star Wars Land because a light wind, so better to minimize fireworks and be able to have a show where you can still attract a bazillion people to Main Street and not have it go forward.

brb1006

I won't be surprised if the new show is a copy of We Love Mickey with fireworks and lasers added. Disney loves reusing things whenever they can.

The only thing Disney has yet to copy is Villains Night Out.

Or The Nightmare Experiment, but the US Disney Parks is to soft for this.

mickEblu

As someone who will probably only watch this show once I would have preferred a non gridlocked hub/ Main Street during the winter.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom