New The Living Seas survey

ryguy

Well if Epcot was Epcot the pavilion should be educating people about the serious problems our seas our facing. I mean we have thousands of dead fish rotting on the beaches here in Florida from Red Tide. Toxic algae plumes as well. Every time there is a storm huge amounts of plastics wash up on the shore. A wasted opportunity to educate people of ways we can help keep our seas healthy. Nemo would be better served at the Studio.

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
Well if Epcot was Epcot the pavilion should be educating people about the serious problems our seas our facing. I mean we have thousands of dead fish rotting on the beaches here in Florida from Red Tide. Toxic algae plumes as well. Every time there is a storm huge amounts of plastics wash up on the shore. A wasted opportunity to educate people of ways we can help keep our seas healthy. Nemo would be better served at the Studio.
They do touch upon many of those topics. We just went in September and I remember the CM specifically calling out the Plastic issue and the Red Tide issue.

jt04

I would argue that the aquarium isn’t dated. Pretty sure it’s still the worlds largest single tank aquarium and that makes it quite timeless. What can be dated about staring at fish?

I'm comparing what it is now to what it was when it opened. When edutainment was fresh. Lee is 100% correct about edutainment. IMO.

Jon81uk

I'm comparing what it is now to what it was when it opened. When edutainment was fresh. Lee is 100% correct about edutainment. IMO.

But pretty much all aquariums around the wall are just looking at fish through glass, that hasn't really changed in 50 years. Yes the signage showing what fish you are looking at is now usually digital but I don't think there is a big difference between the aquariums at SeaWorld or the Sea Life Centre and the one at Epcot. The Edutainment comes in the added parts, such as talks from staff etc.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
Ah, but I can hear the Weatherman now... "We own what??? Dolphins??? What are we -- stinking SeaWorld or something??? Get rid of the dolphins -- I don't want to see a 'Greyfish' documentary about that place!"

This does make me wonder if there's people who are against all aquariums (scratch that, I'm sure there are) and if things like dolphins feel "trapped" in that size of enclosure.

jt04

So yeah, Launch Bay would be compelling reimagined as a city aquarium. Boom and Mic drop.

🐢 🐟🐠🐡🐙🐚🐬🐳🐋

I 'Crushed' it to coin a phrase.

They could probably fit the Turtle Talk, the Nemo dark ride and a Crush coaster in there.

Then the Epcot pavilion can be completely reimagined. Like Energy.

I'm on a bigger roll than BB-8

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom