News Walt Disney World Annual Pass price changes effective October 16 2018

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
Full disclosure: I have the original Mickey, Epcot Minnie Mouse and HS Donald. I pine for Holiday Mickey, F&G Mickey, and F&W Chef Mickey. Can't wait to find out what holiday magnet awaits me in December. Oh, the anticipation.

Next time I see one here in town I'll pull it off the car and PM you the details once it's up on eBay!

Then you can also have your car targeted by thieves who steal the magnets and sell them to unsuspecting rubes on eBay. Double the magic!!! :hilarious:

Oh, are we not supposed to do that?! :hilarious:

lbunton115

We just got back from WDW today. Everyday we were at the parks, at least one of the big rides were down due to mechanical problems. Disney is asking is to pay a large increase in annual pass prices but they can't keep their rides up and running. Ridiculous! Once our annual passes expire, I really don't see us buying any more passes or tickets.

beachlover4444

They're really testing the dedicated Disney fan with this round of increases.
They sure are. I've been a regular going twice a year since 1989 and i am about done with Disney. I was going to buy annual passes since we retired this year but I am thinking I may need to find a new hobby and ways to spend my time and money. I am doing Disneyland in January.

beachlover4444

The 3-4 day FL resident special (Disney Select Tickets) appears to be gone. There is a new 3 and 4 day option but the prices are variable and you have to use them in consecutive days- not within 6 months of first use like the old tickets.
Yes now you buy tickets based on the actual days you are using them, no more buy 3 days used within the 14 day period after first use.

beachlover4444

Such a disconnect between stagnant wages in general and the Disney pricing model. Not that they were ever directly correlated. Still an ever growing chasm.

*Disclaimer: Its a luxury item and every vacation is a choice so there are no victims here.
Well they made a big deal bragging about castmembers going up to $15 an hour but they didnt tell everyone that the hours were gonna get cut so there really wasnt the increase now was there? And of course the apartments around Disney shot their prices up because everyone got a raise. My sister was increased $90 this year instead of the usual $10-20. Awful

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
I saw something amazing on the Disney AP page..

Under "renew now" it actually says " Pass renewal is subject to availability "

That line is in there to keep someone out ..
Whatcha wanna bet that "availability" is directly related to how well they're doing at the gate...?

JJJ

I’m still going to get it, I originally had the weekday pass due to my scheduling, but this time around I plan on upgrading to the silver.
Nice! I hope you enjoy the silver pass! I had the weekday pass last year but, because I'm out of the state often now, I switched to the Epcot after 4 pass for the slight price decrease and no blackout dates. And, Epcot's just the best. Sorry about the price increases though :(. (The rest of this post isn't directed at you; it's just a general observation.)

While we'll grumble about the changes, I sincerely doubt they will prevent anyone from changing their plans. Disney isn't doing it to reduce the number of APs, or crowd control, or just out of spite/evil.

They do it because they can.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
https://www.wdwmagic.com/other/magi...nual-pass-price-increases-effective-today.htm

As someone who buys the cheapest AP, I still say they need to stop the rampant increases.

At least we had a heads up before the March increase, and I bought my current pass then. Twice in one year is not justified under present conditions.
I almost feel they are testing how far they can go with the AP prices. I was ok with the food increases but $1,000 for an AP is aggressive.

Awww...

But what about all that “magic”, kids??

Don’t you love the magic? Can’t put a price on that 🤪

TP2000

I was ok with the food increases but $1,000 for an AP is aggressive.

Why? The highest priced Disneyland Resort AP, which offers entrance into the two Anaheim theme parks 365 days per year plus a gaggle of minor discounts, is currently $1,149 before the 2018 price increase that is reported to come later this month.

So why would a top tier WDW AP that offers 365 days entrance to four theme parks and two water parks plus a gaggle of minor discounts, be any less than the Disneyland AP that has half as many theme parks and absolutely no water slides to offer?

It would seem to me that the WDW AP offerings, even after the 2018 price increase, are an absolute bargain compared to what the same company offers to AP holders on the West Coast.

DavidS1234

Such a disconnect between stagnant wages in general and the Disney pricing model. Not that they were ever directly correlated. Still an ever growing chasm.

*Disclaimer: Its a luxury item and every vacation is a choice so there are no victims here.

That last sentence is the smartest thing I've read on here today. I love the feeling of escapism I get from coming to Disney like most of you (as long as it's not on an insanely crowded day), but maybe The Mouse is giving us a blessing in disguise. When's the last time I went camping, or took a drive to the mountains, or took advantage of any other travel options besides a theme park? Meh.... just a thought. 😋

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom