News City Works Eatery and Pour House coming to Disney Springs in 2019

Rteetz

Is there some more clarification on location? Is this a new building or part of the NBA Experience building? Or something else?

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I believe this is going on the HoB/ La Nouba Corner of the Complex, where the DQ Emporium was.

Yeah, looks like it's going here:

1539190193840.png

righttrack

Very cool. I did feel like this was a market that wasn't being "tapped" at DS. There really isn't a great selection of brews at the restuarants for a beer snob like me.

Not even close. Hopefully this rectifies that. Curate a good selection. I realize there probably won't be a good NEIPA because there is no good NEIPA in FL, but maybe some goodwill guest taps from out of towners could fix that. I feel like this woman I saw on vacation a while back from VT. She brought her own maple syrup and beer with her. She just couldn't find anything acceptable in PA where we were.

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
Not even close. Hopefully this rectifies that. Curate a good selection. I realize there probably won't be a good NEIPA because there is no good NEIPA in FL, but maybe some goodwill guest taps from out of towners could fix that. I feel like this woman I saw on vacation a while back from VT. She brought her own maple syrup and beer with her. She just couldn't find anything acceptable in PA where we were.
Haha awesome. I always bring some brews from my city (Atlanta) when I go down to WDW. There are some good Florida brews but I haven’t found any that are my go to.

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
It'll give Splitsville a run. My experience with Splitsville has been hit or miss. Maybe they'll up their game a bit. Good to know that there will be another option to catch the games (which is generally the only reason I went to Splitsville in the first place).

maxairmike

At 8,632 sqft it sounds like it would be taking over most if not all of the NBA building. Are we sure the NBA concept is happening at all at this point? If it isn't all of the building, I doubt the NBA concept would open in half or less of the space right next to a competing sports bar.

thehowiet

Wilson King of Prussia
It would be awesome if they ended up having J Wakefield and Civil Society on tap. They’re both Florida breweries, plus they both do decent NEIPAs. The City’s Works by me usually has a couple decent local options on tap (Levante, Stickman, etc.) so it’s possible. Either way, a wider variety of on property beer is a good thing.

roj2323

At 8,632 sqft it sounds like it would be taking over most if not all of the NBA building. Are we sure the NBA concept is happening at all at this point? If it isn't all of the building, I doubt the NBA concept would open in half or less of the space right next to a competing sports bar.
1/3rd ot a half of the bottom floor probably. The building itself is probably 16,000 to 20,000sq ft per floor.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
It's part of the NBA complex, but I'm not sure of exactly where.

Ahh... that explains this from the Press Release:

City Works will be located in the Disney Springs West Side. An independent entrance and exit to the promenade will make it convenient for guests to stop in for a bite, watch a game or just to grab a beer to enjoy while they walk throughout Disney Springs.

I was wondering why they emphasized 'independent entrance', but, it make sense if it's in the NBA building, but separately accessible.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom