News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

LittleBuford

The old building looked like a toe sticking up out of DCA. Stubby lil fellow next to no other tall structures. This new guy commands the sky that surrounds him. Once he's given more architectural context through marvel land it's going to be much more cohesive, but I feel it's an improvement.

Agreed! And I should add that I'm not a Marvel fan, and I preferred the old ToT ride, so my feelings on the new building are really based on nothing other than its visual properties.

Biff215

Does anyone happen to have a recent pic from across WS lagoon? I was there last month, and I remember thinking it would look worse from there than it did, after seeing it up close. Of course, I didn't end up taking a pic.
From August:

800EB67B-9214-4003-B3C9-F33007C9A193.jpeg

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
Dare I say that it really doesn't look that bad?
It looks bad. Not as bad as people make it out to be. It's not good. But it is not that bad. Depending on how they theme the building at least.

I standby nothing in Epcot ever possibly being as big of an eyesore as everything about Test Track's building and awning. Depending on how they theme the Guardians building, I could be proven wrong. But Guardian's biggest problem is standing out from the parking lot. Which is bad, but no where near as bad as standing out the way Test Track does in the park IMO.

Stripes

I understand the issue, and the frustration that you feel with this. However, honestly I came to the conclusion about the Troop Transports thing after curiously staring at various angels of the model. Then I reached out to Martin privately to confirm as such. I try and stay up to date with the forums, but no where near as much as is humanly possible, and if I knew other users had originated this theory then I would have credited them.

The trouble I run into is that I don't have eyes on every part of the internet, and so it very well may be true that something that I "reveal" has been previously disclosed in some other forum, but I'm just not aware that it has. I have previously cited other users in this forum such as MisterPenguin and TheVisionarySoul, but in that circumstance relating to the Star Wars video talking about the Troop Transport vehicle and Battle Escape entrance, I didn't realise it was disclosed elsewhere. I was only made aware of Yensid55's video afterward when someone commented about it, and felt bad I hadn't cited him either.

Hopefully you understand the dilemma that I face when it comes to covering news in these videos.
You clearly have no interest in denying credit to anyone. You're absolutely fine, and I'm glad you're bringing more publicity to WDWMAGIC. I enjoy your content so keep it up!

LittleBuford

It looks bad. Not as bad as people make it out to be. It's not good. But it is not that bad. Depending on how they theme the building at least.

I standby nothing in Epcot ever possibly being as big of an eyesore as everything about Test Track's building and awning. Depending on how they theme the Guardians building, I could be proven wrong. But Guardian's biggest problem is standing out from the parking lot. Which is bad, but no where near as bad as standing out the way Test Track does in the park IMO.

I mean, it doesn’t look good, but how can it when it’s still just a black frame? The basic size and shape really aren’t offensive to me, and with some clever theming, it might turn out to be decent addition to the skyline.

The view from the parking lot is a non-issue for me, as I consider that to be backstage.

LittleBuford

In person?

Between this and the carnage around the IG, Rat seems positively photogenic.

I meant from the picture; I have yet to see it in real life. If the Soarin’ building is anything to go by, photos usually make things appear worse than they do in person, so I’m reasonably confident that I won’t be horrified by what I see when I visit Epcot later this year. I realise (and respect) that you feel very differently.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I meant from the picture; I have yet to see it in real life. If the Soarin’ building is anything to go by, photos usually make things appear worse than they do in person, so I’m reasonably confident that I won’t be horrified by what I see when I visit Epcot later this year. I realise (and respect) that you feel very differently.
Thank you. Yes, everyone’s different. I was there three weeks ago and IMHO it makes Soarin’ look like a pussy cat.

LittleBuford

Thank you. Yes, everyone’s different. I was there three weeks ago and IMHO it makes Soarin’ look like a pussy cat.

I honestly don’t notice Soarin’ unless I’m looking for it. My only concern with the Guardians building was that it might detract from Spaceship Earth, but the latest photos (yours included) reassure me that our beloved giant golf ball will remain unquestionably dominant.

MickeyMinnieMom

I was there In person late Aug, and like I said, it really didn’t look that bad to me. It’s a weird thing... when we (our family) look across WS lagoon, it’s like we generally don’t notice any ONE structure sticking out. When we stand there and pause for long enough and look around at each one by one, we remark at how much they can each stick out!

I think it’s a matter of how closely you’re looking, AND how much your eye is trained to notice differences from last time you were there.

Every time we go to WDW, I’m the one pointing out: “hey — they repainted these buildings and the colors are different”... “this wasn’t here before”... “they got rid of X that used to be here”... My husband wouldn’t notice this stuff if his life depended on it! LOL! Everyone is different on this front, I think.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I was there In person late Aug, and like I said, it really didn’t look that bad to me. It’s a weird thing... when we (our family) look across WS lagoon, it’s like we generally don’t notice any ONE structure sticking out. When we stand there and pause for long enough and look around at each one by one, we remark at how much they can each stick out!

I think it’s a matter of how closely you’re looking, AND how much your eye is trained to notice differences from last time you were there.

Every time we go to WDW, I’m the one pointing out: “hey — they repainted these buildings and the colors are different”... “this wasn’t here before”... “they got rid of X that used to be here”... My husband wouldn’t notice this stuff if his life depended on it! LOL! Everyone is different on this front, I think.
Even Michelle commented on how bad it was from Germany / Italy / Morocco. But each to their own and all that.

Shame we didn’t say hi to each other. We may have bumped into one and other :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom