News New single-day ticket pricing will price all four parks at the same level

RobbinsDad

All I know is they're expensive.

1537820876316.png

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
I'm expecting an AP increase soon....

The only insider info I have on that is from inside my gut.

I don’t think your gut is off at all. I expect a sizable one, in fact, approximately 13 months before SW:GE opens. If (the royal) you agree, plan accordingly.

My gut is starting to tell me SW:GE isn’t going to be the armageddon many, including myself, predicted. And what is TDO gonna do when the hordes don’t descend at the levels they expect?

VJ

My gut is starting to tell me SW:GE isn’t going to be the armageddon many, including myself, predicted. And what is TDO gonna do when the hordes don’t descend at the levels they expect?
You underestimate the power of the dark side.

Seriously though, I dunno... Star Wars fans and Disney fans are two of the most rabid fan bases in terms of throwing money at anything with the Disney/Star Wars name on it. I wouldn't count these people out.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I don’t think your gut is off at all. I expect a sizable one, in fact, approximately 13 months before SW:GE opens. If (the royal) you agree, plan accordingly.

I’m there...I’m just not bringing it up

monothingie

Proxy War 2024: Never Forget
Premium Member

I think this is going to be a big concern. Let's face it in the past two years between Pandora and TSL, the initial guest reaction was gangbusters for Disney. But, we already know that TSL is underperforming, and AVATAR after the long buildup is returning to realistic demand. SWGE just like Pandora, going to be an immersive wonderfully themed area of the park, but at the end it's just going to be two attractions (one of the rumored to have an extremely low capacity), a couple of shops, cantina, and a hotel which may not be ready on day one. This is not a big expansion, I just have this feeling that people are expecting this expansion to be the equivalent of a Star Wars "Park", when in reality it is going to have fewer attractions than TSL does.

I really think people are going to be underwhelmed by this given the expectations being so high, and thats going to be a problem.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
You underestimate the power of the dark side.

Seriously though, I dunno... Star Wars fans and Disney fans are two of the most rabid fan bases in terms of throwing money at anything with the Disney/Star Wars name on it. I wouldn't count these people out.

My personal take is that what Disney has done with Star Wars so far is actually dividing the two Fan bases...rather than bringing them together.

I get the sense that Disney fans are insisting that Star Wars is “better” now...and the Star Wars fans are digging in their heels in protest.

Yes...sunny side up aside...a
36% box office drop on the most contentious Star Wars movie (we lived through phantom menace too) followed by a flop (no elaboration needed) is code red.

Everyone at LFL has been in quarantine/hiding since.

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
I think this is going to be a big concern. Let's face it in the past two years between Pandora and TSL, the initial guest reaction was gangbusters for Disney. But, we already know that TSL is underperforming, and AVATAR after the long buildup is returning to realistic demand. SWGE just like Pandora, going to be an immersive wonderfully themed area of the park, but at the end it's just going to be two attractions (one of the rumored to have an extremely low capacity), a couple of shops, cantina, and a hotel which may not be ready on day one. This is not a big expansion, I just have this feeling that people are expecting this expansion to be the equivalent of a Star Wars "Park", when in reality it is going to have fewer attractions than TSL does.

I really think people are going to be underwhelmed by this given the expectations being so high, and thats going to be a problem.
But Potter opened with one main attraction and a couple of re-skins. Look at the mess that was on opening and how busy it still is.
Get the theming right and they will come.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
But Potter opened with one main attraction and a couple of re-skins. Look at the mess that was on opening and how busy it still is.
Get the theming right and they will come.

The difference was universal was in a state of disrepair and a lot more room to go up.

WDW is already crowded - even in soft crowds - dissatisfaction with scheduling/time and space could (can’t confirm) be a very real thing...

And Comcast used Harry Potter as a springboard...immediately putting money into redoing the studios park and adding Potter phase 2. I’m not saying they were or are equals...but substantial gains could be had more easily on kirkman.

So avatar turned out well...what’s the next thing for dak?

Crickets...partly because of the rot in Epcot.

So Star Wars land...completing what is an overhaul of mgm...but not really a net gain of attraction space. What’s coming after?

It takes disney an embarrassing long time to get anything done (except DVC units and gondolas...fancy that?)...so what if people aren’t content to stand all day for the two Star Wars rides...and then come back for more?

What if known overcrowding scares the casual traveler Fan away before they even get there (I know one)?

The context is key...which is always sacrificed when we start posting charts and graphs.

Mathemeticians aren’t know for their depth perception.

ThatMouse

Who in the world thinks a ticket to HS is just as valuable as a ticket to MK? Especially now through late next year. Heck, I don’t think I’d say it was even after SW:GE opens. You’ll have 7-8 rides vs 28. (Approximately)

Right there is not enough variety of attractions or food options to spend a whole day there. Don't get me wrong, we have a nice half day, but it's usually the same attractions with a meal at the Commissary. Toy Story Mania is still your goto FP.

Lensman

If the data I'm looking at is correct then single day tickets in September 2008 were $75, September 1998 were $42, and September 1988 were $28.

That means on average tickets are increasing to 162% every 10 years. That would put us at $192.78 for a single day pass in 2028.
Just to say that "Increasing to 162%" is an odd way of stating an increase, you'd normally just say "increasing 62% every 10 years". This comes out to about 5% per year. This is even more than the 3.6% annual pace of health insurance inflation, but less than the 6% annual pace of college tuition inflation.

Universal Orlando's ticket inflation over this period is approximately the same at just under 5% per annum.

Not sure what any of this has to do with the original topic.

Anyone who pays 129 for Hollywood Studios is crazy. Even when star wars open its still not worth it.
No one would. You buy a multi-day ticket and visit DHS on the second ($90), third ($96), or fourth ($75) day. And if you still think that's a poor value you can always go on day 5 for $15. Or you buy a park-hopper and hop to another park.

But I think you knew that and are just making a point about how Disney still needs to fix DHS.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom