What did you do?

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
@DznyGrlSD, congrats on your first Half! Wow, that's an impressive first time and looks like a PoT for future races. And I'm gonna be in the back all by myself. 🙁

POT? there will be plenty of run/walk/stopping during my Disney runs. I want to take as many photos as I can while running/walking/jogging without getting swept. Those balloon-people will be in my rear-view mirror!

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
POT? there will be plenty of run/walk/stopping during my Disney runs. I want to take as many photos as I can while running/walking/jogging without getting swept. Those balloon-people will be in my rear-view mirror!

While it's too late to submit your time from the half you completed for the W&D, use it for all the 2019 races. You'll be placed in the corrals in the middle, which will give you plenty of time for photos. Secret - the "balloon ladies" aren't the official rD Pacers - those are the people on the bikes. And once you get past the last group of buses, around mile 11, you won't get swept unless you voluntarily quit. For the Princess Half, I was probably a good 10 minutes behind the ladies. And there were probably a good 30-40 people behind me. I finished, with a faster time the year before, as I started faster.

dreamfinder

2.52@1@7:53

Just taking photos shouldn't be a problem, but if you are considerign stopping for characters you will most likely need to prioritize and probably skip many of them. You will want to get to your corral early, and get as close to the front as you can to give yourself a few extra minutes. You shouldn't have a problem finishing the race in time without any stops, but the lines for characters (especially the rarer ones) can easily get to be 5-10 minutes as the race goes on.

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
While it's too late to submit your time from the half you completed for the W&D, use it for all the 2019 races. You'll be placed in the corrals in the middle, which will give you plenty of time for photos. Secret - the "balloon ladies" aren't the official rD Pacers - those are the people on the bikes. And once you get past the last group of buses, around mile 11, you won't get swept unless you voluntarily quit. For the Princess Half, I was probably a good 10 minutes behind the ladies. And there were probably a good 30-40 people behind me. I finished, with a faster time the year before, as I started faster.

POT - proof of time! I used my time from my 1st 10k back in April for the Wine/Dine half - which was a faster per min/mile than my half 2 weeks ago.

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
I'm way behind!
last Saturday - did Step up for Heroes - did 110 flights of stairs
Sunday/Monday/Tuesday - couldn't move thanks to Saturday - REST days
Wednesday - 30 mins of circuit w/my trainer + 30 min run 2.5 @ 11:56/mi
Today - circuit/quick fit - 45 mins

Texas84

Changed my routine from 3-run, 3-weights to 4-run, 2-weights. Thursday was kind of nice. Lows starting to dip into the 60s here.

Long run tomorrow then crash on the couch and watch college football all day.

Swissmiss

Premium Member
Ran 5k 😉
ED62D259-3BD5-4326-83B1-171C8BF5C8F7.jpeg

Swissmiss

Premium Member
Officially 13.1 miles ... but then there is the additional mileage to the start (which was longer then it should have been because the security scanner outside the hotel was “broken” for 24 hours (but was fixed by the time we ran past the hotel 🤨) and then from the finish to where you pick up the challenge medals. 😉

RunningKoen

Great picture @Swissmiss :) as you mentioned, totally by accident but I really liked meeting and chatting with you!

As for my workouts:
3.1 on friday in 40 minutes (with my sister)
6.2 on saturday in 47 minutes
13.1 today in 1:55:06.

Definitely not my best ranking but with all these factors (hot, humid, windy, lack of training and using too much power and energy during the 10K), it's a decent time! Ran a lot and only walked once apart from the water and food stops

Lots of extra mileage for trips to the starting area and expo required routes (challenge medal).

Pick up greatly improved compared to the chaos last year.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom