The Merch Alert Thread

Figments Friend

Those 'Pop' figures really do look more appealing to me when their eyes are any color but black!
I don't collect them, but i have to say the new Doombuggy one looks very cool.

Does it glow in the dark, too...?
That would be a nice touch.

-

NateD1226

Here is another look at the pop!
A47C3812-73B3-4BC7-A5AA-20C3189751CA.jpeg

mickEblu

Original Poster
yeah. they are really light.

edit: it’s not a silly question. Before I starting collecting the 100 pops I have, I asked the same question

Thanks. I’ll most likely continue collecting the Disney park exclusives. Too bad they started off selling most of these at comic conventions in San Diego and NY. What the heck does Mr. Toads Wild Ride and Indiana Jones Adventure have to do with Comic Con

NateD1226

Thanks. I’ll most likely continue collecting the Disney park exclusives. Too bad they started off selling most of these at comic conventions in San Diego and NY. What the heck does Mr. Toads Wild Ride and Indiana Jones Adventure have to do with Comic Con
Nothing really 😂 They just want the money

Hatbox Ghostbuster

Looks like we can rest easy @mickEblu.
I just put in a call to Disneyland and they confirmed the release of the HM Pop is indeed this Saturday the 22nd

Available at
-Disneyana on Main St.
-Pieces of Eight in NOS
and of course the Wonderground Gallery in DTD.

Btw, it is WonderGROUND Gallery. Not WonderLAND. I’ve been saying it wrong all this time!

mickEblu

Original Poster
Looks like we can rest easy @mickEblu.
I just put in a call to Disneyland and they confirmed the release of the HM Pop is indeed this Saturday the 22nd

Available at
-Disneyana on Main St.
-Pieces of Eight in NOS
and of course the Wonderground Gallery in DTD.

Btw, it is WonderGROUND Gallery. Not WonderLAND. I’ve been saying it wrong all this time!

Lol that would you be you doin the Lords work ... again. Nice! So what time will you be strolling in?

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

Can one of you who does collect these POPS explain to me why you collect them or this fad? I seriously do not get why these POPS figures are soo popular. I really want to understand. To me it is just this generation's BEANINE BABIES but less valuable. To me the pop figures look ugly, all of them, even that HM one, and I hate the over stylized way they the head big and the eyes look. I just don't get it. I get collecting collectables. I have collectables. I get that part. but why these? what is soo collectable about these? they are just cheap plastic that do not look good or see will balance well with the size of the heads. Most of the time they do not even look remotely like the pulp culture icon they are supposed to be. I really want to understand. I got like 2 this past Christmas and I have no use for them. still in their boxes collecting dust somewhere in my closet.

Last edited:

mickEblu

Original Poster
Can one of you who does collect these POPS explain to me why or this fad? I seriously do not get why these POPS figures are soo popular. I really want to understand. To me it is just this generation's BEANINE BABIES but less valuable. To me the pop figures look ugly, all of them, even that HM one, and I hate the over stylized way they the head big and the eyes look. I just don't get it. I get collecting collectables. I have collectables. I get that part. but why these? what is soo collectable about these? they are just cheap plastic that do not look good or see will balance well with the size of the heads. Most of the time they do not even look remotely like the pulp culture icon they are supposed to be. I really want to understand. I got like 2 this past Christmas and I have no use for them. still in their boxes collecting dust somewhere in my closet.

For me I think it has to do with the lack of unique merchandise available for park attractions, especially involving the ride vehicles. If Disney made high quality diecasts or figures involving the characters from the attractions/ ride vehicles I probably wouldn’t have a need for the funko pops.

I hope that they start offering some higher quality merch now that imagineering is part of merchandising.

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

For me I think it has to do with the lack of unique merchandise available for park attractions, especially involving the ride vehicles. If Disney made high quality diecasts or figures involving the characters from the attractions/ ride vehicles I probably wouldn’t have a need for the funko pops.

I hope that they start offering some higher quality merch now that imagineering is part of merchandising.
so you only collect DISNEYLAND RIDE POPS or do you also collect other POPS figures?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom