News Reflections of Earth confirmed to be replaced by Harmonious

PorterRedkey

It’s not really “frustration”

People make the mistake of thinking I’m gritting my teeth as a type...

It’s just a recogntion of a decline in overall quality/ROI in the current leadership. I experienced that in Andy’s backyard recently.

It’s not that it’s “bad”...per se...it just not to the same standards.

I agree with your Toy Story land appraisal. That is why I didn't renew my AP for this year and went to DLP and London/France instead. The lack of shade is an issue that WDI is aware of and they are trying to address it (behind the scenes).

I think you are a good poster, even if I disagree with you sometimes. I know there has been a decline in WDW service. I am not blind.

I grew up with the old standard, so I know of which you speak. My dad would (not in a dickish way) throw popcorn on the ground to see how fast it would be swept up in 70's. The answer is immediately. There was always a popcorn person who delivered the popcorn, but also a person who was there to sweep inevitable spilled popcorn from around the station. In today Disney, this is a waste of resources, in old Disney, it was a point of pride.

Stripes

After hearing this news I decided to play a recording of Illuminations on the TV. My dog has never paid any attention to the TV whatsoever, but when I put it on he stared at it and got closer and closer. Curious to see what he'd do, I turned it off real quick and he ran up to me and started crying!

Illuminations is truly magical!

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I agree with your Toy Story land appraisal. That is why I didn't renew my AP for this year and went to DLP and London/France instead. The lack of shade is an issue that WDI is aware of and they are trying to address it (behind the scenes).

I think you are a good poster, even if I disagree with you sometimes. I know there has been a decline in WDW service. I am not blind.

I grew up with the old standard, so I know of which you speak. My dad would (not in a dickish way) throw popcorn on the ground to see how fast it would be swept up in 70's. The answer is immediately. There was always a popcorn person who delivered the popcorn, but also a person who was there to sweep inevitable spilled popcorn from around the station. In today Disney, this is a waste of resources, in old Disney, it was a point of pride.

Couldn’t agree more.

The real stark thing for me - in employment experience - is even in Eisners crazy late years of desperation with that dinkus Pressler, there were lines they held firm that wouldn’t be crossed on principle.

The main one was: don’t scare away your core...you need them when the rest don’t show.

That is 1000% more a wise strategy for P&R than what had happened this last decade. But you have to be willing to stop sitting on your head and look at the Longview. Apologists generally don’t.

You don’t strike me as one.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
After hearing this news I decided to play a recording of Illuminations on the TV. My dog has never paid any attention to the TV whatsoever, but when I put it on he stared at it and got closer and closer. Curious to see what he'd do, I turned it off real quick and he ran up to me and started crying!

Illuminations is truly magical!

...Now put on frozen and see if he goes back to licking his yams?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I have a playlist on my phone including pre- and post-show.

Pree-

The article says it deputed in October 1999. The end of September 2019 would put it as close to 20 years as possible.

They ran it soft for quite a while off and on that year...

Can you imagine that now?!?
They’d have a press event with a firm date 3 years in advance and then sell exclusive party tickets the next morning...

All the stockbrokers say...AAAAAMEN!

(Thats a joke...for you stiffs. But iger is still a cheap suit and chapek is a sweatshop broker)

JohnD

They ran it soft for quite a while off and on that year...

Can you imagine that now?!?
They’d have a press event with a firm date 3 years in advance and then sell exclusive party tickets the next morning...

All the stockbrokers say...AAAAAMEN!

(Thats a joke...for you stiffs. But iger is still a cheap suit and chapek is a sweatshop broker)

Sorry about the first part of the quote. I had started to comment on something and decided against it. The clipboard or whatever kept it. Anyway it was about a playlist for music around Illuminations.

jrhwdw

I'm a little surprised we get ROE for July 4th next year. At least we know that ROE & POE is safe for 2018! If there's no interim, TDO better be ready to go for F&W 2019! (I'm guessing this will be in F&W's Press Release next year)

SoupBone

Sorry Frozenmania will return once Frozen 2 comes out. "Let It Go" was everywhere between 2014 till early 2016.

mrw-i-find-out-that-people-want-robert-pattinson-to-be-the-next-indiana-jones-167460.gif

Atomicmickey

Well, since everyone is weighing in with opinions . . . .

-I saw original Illuminations on my Honeymoon. So, imagine how important that
was to me! I was crushed when I heard it was changing.
-But then! Saw the new one, and saw it again and again, now with my kids, and so
that has become very special. So I am very sad, it is my favorite nighttime spectacular
and I've been to all in WDW and DL (no overseas parks)
-BUT I was astounded by Happily Ever After. I get what you all are saying about IP, but
the technical wizardry, timing, everything about that show is amazing.

SO.

Illuminations:ROE, I will miss you as much or more as original Illuminations.
IP, I do not welcome you, but I accept your inevitability. Original EPCOT Center is no more. I have accepted that.
Happily Ever After, thank you for blazing the trail with your technological wizardry.

And here we go . . . . with optimism, in keeping with the original feel of EPCOT Center.
It's happening. I plan to try to embrace it.

To all who come to this place of joy, hope and friendship, welcome.
Epcot is inspired by Walt Disney's creative vision. Here, human achievements are celebrated through imagination, wonders of enterprise and concepts of a future that promises new and exciting benefits for all.
May EPCOT Center entertain, inform and inspire and above all, may it instill a new sense of belief and pride in man's ability to shape a world that offers hope to people everywhere.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom