News Reflections of Earth confirmed to be replaced by Harmonious

AJDMB05

As a somewhat newcomer to WDW (2 trips, first was in September, 2015), I've never understood the appeal of Illuminations (or Fanstamic! for that matter, but I don't want to derail the thread). It makes me wonder if it's more the nostalgia of it that makes it feel so special to people. Wishes, otoh, I fell in love with that the first time I ever experienced it!

I'm looking forward to the new show at Epcot. Maybe we'll have a reason to stick around past 8:30 then.
The lens of nostalgia always makes people look at things more fondly, but in this case, the soundtrack is a masterpiece and the story fits everything that Epcot was about. It was the perfect cap to a day at Epcot. Since 1999, each of the original pavilions has changed to different degrees of controversy, and in my opinion, it's the last piece of the golden age of Epcot. I think some of us, myself included, hang onto it tighter for this reason. It seems like if you grew up watching RoE, the majority love it and a minority think it was time for change. Feels like it's the reverse if you're more of a WDW newbie. That's only a small sample size of this corner of the internet, but I think you've got the general idea.

THEMEPARKPIONEER

Speaking of the drones I think they should get their own show, if conditions aren't right the show is compromised plus the attendance would be great expecially if they had a show before and after illuminations. And what sort of potential amazing pagentry shouldn't have no better than its own version of Baroque Hoedown.

Wendy Pleakley

BUT I was astounded by Happily Ever After. I get what you all are saying about IP, but the technical wizardry, timing, everything about that show is amazing.

No disagreement with what you wrote except to point out that IP makes sense in the Magic Kingdom, not necessarily so much in Epcot.

Imagine if they used that new technology to give us something unique-ly Epcot.

Wendy Pleakley

Everyone is talking about Frozen and Coco, but what about Trolls, Ice Age, Anastasia and other Fox animation masterpieces coming soon to the Disney IP family?

aladdin2007

Still missing original IN where each country was highlighted, except for Norway and Morocco of course.

agree my favorite part and memories. I just hope the powers that be know that this replacement has to be grand after coming off the shoulders of RoE. Another HEA style (is this the same team I worry?) of IP splicing and dicing etc of one IP after another, however you want to call it, is not going to be a worthy successor. It's a bit odd they announced this yet didn't announce the actual new show.

TwilightZone

I sense an insinuation the IP used will be linked to the different parts of the world?

Ratatouille - France
Frozen - Scandinavia
Mulan - China
Moana - Pacific Islands
Coco - Mexico
That's what I'm hoping.
Different characters for different countries either in general or the ones in world showcase.
I'm thinking it will also have poppins for UK and Baymax and hiro for Japan.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom