Matterhorn and Pinocchio getting refurbished starting July 30th, 2018

mickEblu

This is one of those times I just don't agree with the crowd - So what if Jack's in for 1/3 of the year? It's an enjoyable experience. It has a ton of heart and doesn't involve adding a projection or two and calling it a day (like ehem Hyperspace Mountain, which for some reason was the greatest overlay in Disney history being operational for 2 years straight) or turning a structure into a warehouse fortress power plant industrial garbage chute joke that's perm, might I add.

It’s taking away a world class attraction for 1/3 of the year. That’s why many of us here don’t like it, regardless of how we feel about the overlay. Personally I’m ok with it for the first ride of the season and then I want classic Mansion back. As many of us have repeated, Nov 1- Jan would be the right amount of time.

Model3 McQueen

In the Parks
No
It’s taking away a world class attraction for 1/3 of the year. That’s why many of us here don’t like it, regardless of how we feel about the overlay. Personally I’m ok with it for the first ride of the season and then I want classic Mansion back. As many of us have repeated, Nov 1- Jan would be the right amount of time.

Alright I gotcha :D works for me

BasiltheBatLord

I've never had any problem with HMH, it's largely a well done and clever overlay. While yes tied to an IP, it's at least IMO a really good one and not one that's subject to constant sequelization (although you could maybe argue that Nightmare's merchandising takes the place of sequalization)

I completely agree that the overlay goes on for way too long though. It should only be around for the Holiday season.

SuddenStorm

This is one of those times I just don't agree with the crowd - So what if Jack's in for 1/3 of the year? It's an enjoyable experience. It has a ton of heart and doesn't involve adding a projection or two and calling it a day (like ehem Hyperspace Mountain, which for some reason was the greatest overlay in Disney history being operational for 2 years straight) or turning a structure into a warehouse fortress power plant industrial garbage chute joke that's perm, might I add.

The problem is, the overlay comes at the expense of one of the best attractions ever done.

If it was a Buzz Lightyear overlay, no one would care.

Why overlay an already perfect experience, especially with so many lackluster attractions in need of reimagining across the resort?

Model3 McQueen

In the Parks
No
#jackisnotwelcome

cb3.gif

The problem is, the overlay comes at the expense of one of the best attractions ever done.

If it was a Buzz Lightyear overlay, no one would care.

Why overlay an already perfect experience, especially with so many lackluster attractions in need of reimagining across the resort?

Actually I think this adds on my list of reasons as to why I love HMH - HM in itself is a classic and arguably the best themed attraction.. well, ever. So that set an extremely high bar for HMH, and I think it rose to that challenge. And it continues to get better every year. I can sense so much heart in it, which is sad considering I don't feel the same for M:B or Pixar Pier. I have so many reasons for loving it but I will say that I, as blasphemous as this sounds, get more excited about visiting DL for HMH than I do for regular HM.

They're both special to me. Depends on my mood and during this season, I prefer Jack.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Wait.. you're telling me HMH isn't enjoyable to those of you who don't enjoy it?

reXV1QO.gif

Now to qualify this a bit more, can you not enjoy it but still enjoy it at the same time? Or can you enjoy it, but not enjoy Jack? Or can you enjoy Jack, but not Sally? Or can you enjoy Sally, but not Jack? Or can you enjoy Zero, but not Jack and Sally?

There are so many levels of no enjoyment here, I think we need a scale.... ;):p:cool:

*Just FYI, I enjoy it for what it is*

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom