Matterhorn and Pinocchio getting refurbished starting July 30th, 2018

WEDwaydatamover

Why is it that DL gets a seemingly constant attraction refurbishment schedule and MK seems to get refurbs on restaurants, gift shops and shallow Club 33's?

We have attractions that have been neglected for 15-20 years and a monorail system that's so done for.

I know TDA has it's problems but they are better than what we have in Florida.

Ugh...

shortstop

Why is it that DL gets a seemingly constant attraction refurbishment schedule and MK seems to get refurbs on restaurants, gift shops and shallow Club 33's?

We have attractions that have been neglected for 15-20 years and a monorail system that's so done for.

I know TDA has it's problems but they are better than what we have in Florida.

Ugh...
It goes both ways. WDW’s Mansion and Splash are in much better shape, for example.

Model3 McQueen

In the Parks
No
It's not just not enjoyable. It's offensively bad. It's Imagineering saying "Hey- here's one of the most iconic rides ever done. One of the most influential rides built. But guess what... it needs some more IP!"

It's the epitome of what current Disney fans hate about the way Disney operates now.

And I can only imagine the kind of wear the mansion receives having figures changed out that frequently. It can't be good for it long term.

Oh idk I disagree entirely. It's not offensively bad, it's a fantastic overlay. Almost feels like an entirely new attraction. It's subjective but trust me when I say i'm usually no fan of attraction overlays or reskins. This is the only one I love.

WEDwaydatamover

I will agree with you on that one shortstop.

I didn't say everything was better. I still think WDW's Haunted Mansion is better even with the horrible rehab. I like MK Splash Mountain better as well. Not as many characters but better thought out. I also think Space Mt and the inside is Small World is better, certainly not the queue or outside. Also Fantasyland 1983 outhinks Unimagineerings MK revamp.

Hatbox Ghostbuster

HMH is wildly popular and any attempt to retire it will be met with widespread anger and bemoaning. Not that such things matter (see TOT). There isn't really a good place to make a permanent NBC ride in DLR and the property is a lucrative one when it comes to merch. Retiring HMH would put a serious damper on the NBC merch gravy train with no way to replace that synergy.

In short, HMH is not going anywhere.
It should go somewhere in DCA.

Model3 McQueen

In the Parks
No
...Until it does. Unfortunately, I've got a feeling it'll just be to make room for *another* flavor-of-the-day overlay. A Frozen Haunted Mansion. Oh, you all laugh now, but....

Or Baby Groot's House of Fun just in time for GotG3 amirite :D (assuming that movie even happens) and it'll overstay its welcome for about 2+ years. They'll call it "Season of the Groot"

Kram Sacul

In the Parks
Yes
This question could probably be its own thread, but this seems as good a place as any. Pinocchio is a walk-on every time I've been to Disneyland in the last ten years. What do you think the problem is, and how would you fix it? Bonus Question...if not a radical ground up overhaul, if the team approached it like they did "plussing" Alice in Wonderland (which I loved, just a joy to see that ride come to new life...it's the Susie Blue Coupe of Fantasyland attractions), how would you tackle that same approach with Pinocchio?

The problem isn’t Pinocchio. The film and the ride are both very well done. It’s the people that are wrong for not going on it.

If it was going to be plussed or enhanced I would like to see some lighting improvements with carefully done projections and more complex movements on the figures. The Tokyo Disneyland version has some of those.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom