Rumor Hoop-Dee-Doo Closing?

LukeS7

They had sources that told them it was closing. Disney told them today it’s not closing for the foreseeable future so the article was retracted.
I believe clickbait also posted a story about it and has removed it. While it's great they're retracting the incorrect information, I feel like for integrity's sake it'd be better to update the original article with the correct information and change the title accordingly. Otherwise it feels less like admitting to a mistake and more like just trying to cover it up. (I know it's just theme park news, but the same journalistic standards/principles should apply)

EDIT: at least for DIS they referenced the old article in the new one, didn't see that before the initial post

NYwdwfan

I would love this. I remember as a kid we used to run there at park opening to get a reservation. That's right; my family rope-dropped a restaurant! 😂
I feel as though this space has been woefully underused for decades and would love to see it restored to its former glory.
Of course, I would also love to see the Papeete Bay Verandah return to the Polynesian, so I may have a nostalgia bias.
Same!! I remember we stayed at the Poly with my cousins on a giant family trip and our parents let my sister, 14 and my cousin, 13, go ahead to MK at opening to run to the Diamond Horseshoe to make a reservation. We met them by Space Mountain at 10. Still can't believe our parents let them go by themselves!

The lounge singer at Papeete Bay Verandah sang to me for my birthday one year. Never been so mortified in my entire life.

FigmentFan82

Yes! According to latest update which was referenced a few posts up HDDMR is not closing for the foreseeable future! Glad to hear this! I wonder if the misinformation somehow was jumbled with the Artist Point turning into charavter dining experience. Like the heard something was going down at a food establishment at a wilderness location ans some info got wrongly jumbled or something.

Kman101

They had sources that told them it was closing. Disney told them today it’s not closing for the foreseeable future so the article was retracted.

Push wasn't leaving, either ;)

I think where there's smoke there's likely to be fire. But we'll see. "Forseeable future" doesn't exactly fill me with confidence. LOL.

But I seriously doubt they wouldn't have something else in mind even if the show as it were was to close for some reason down the road. Guess this is just a wait and see thing.

They just totally made up that rumor? Out of thin air? lol. If so, wow ...

KBLovedDisney

Geezus that scared me....:arghh::banghead::hungover:

I was making all sorts of outrageous plans about going back to Disney today...and...I don't have those kind of funds right now!

DIS, don't do dis to us man!

Kman101

I think we're simply just too used to everything staying around for decades.

I'm not saying it's in danger but if you love the show, let Disney know, it couldn't hurt. We need to give them both good and bad feedback, whether they want it or not. They do listen (not saying listening equals action, though). (I know, it means nothing, but they aren't going to listen to rabid fans over a fountain in the Poly, but something they make money off of? They'll listen)

Kman101

Reading up on the DIS board, they released another article apologizing for the previous article in regards to Hoop-Dee-Doo closing and added that Disney informed them that 'there are no plans for cancellation'.

I wish I could trust Disney for saying that lol, but I'll never forget the blatant "Push isn't leaving". Literally the next day he was gone.

But I guess this is ultimately a non-issue now?

TwilightZone

I wish I could trust Disney for saying that lol, but I'll never forget the blatant "Push isn't leaving". Literally the next day he was gone.

But I guess this is ultimately a non-issue now?
To be fair though the push thing was because he was owned by another company. The company could have told disney moments after.
But there was a case similar to this where it was disney's fault.

rangerbob

If Hoop-Dee-Doo does close wouldn't that also include Pioneer Hall. Aren't they a shared location? If they do need that location for building new they should build the dining in a new location first.

jbolen2

Maybe slightly more possible than I originally thought.

This is directly related to the plans for project 89 i assume? Makes me think they might do away with pioneer hall in favor of a new pioneer hall for the project 89 that will also serve the campground to operating reduce cost.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom