News Disney Early Morning Magic comes to Toy Story Land at Disney's Hollywood Studios

Biff215

#DRINKTHESAND

Remember...this is for a “land” that hasn’t really gotten much praise - even from the usual suspects. It’s been pretty subdued.
Don’t think I’m a “usual suspect” but I’ll praise TSL for what it is, a highly themed family friendly land that DHS desperately needed. We loved it earlier this month and enjoyed the “free” extra magic hour for resort guests even though it was 7:00 am.

With that said, spending $79/69 is absolutely crazy to me, but so are the other upsells. I’m sure they’ll pack them in though, so I can’t really blame Disney for cashing in.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Don’t think I’m a “usual suspect” but I’ll praise TSL for what it is, a highly themed family friendly land that DHS desperately needed. We loved it earlier this month and enjoyed the “free” extra magic hour for resort guests even though it was 7:00 am.

With that said, spending $79/69 is absolutely crazy to me, but so are the other upsells. I’m sure they’ll pack them in though, so I can’t really blame Disney for cashing in.

Fair...

I’m a big toy story Fan...saw the original in college first weekend because I was fascinated by what they could pull off with the old Lucas machine...

I think I’ll really the miniland...but have no illusions as too the limited appeal of the attractions and how it is only really adding to the mgm/property wide operational problems.

I’ll see it next week.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Hmmmm...Sell those parks as many times a day as you can. Star Wars Galaxy Edge after hours event anyone? Hmmmm...3 admissions per day. Fix those capacity issues right up. Dizzy Werld Rulez.

Why you so negative??

...it’s not because you LOVE Disney and you don’t think they are doing a service to their future, is it??

Kman101

#DRINKTHESAND

Remember...this is for a “land” that hasn’t really gotten much praise - even from the usual suspects. It’s been pretty subdued.

It was never going to be overpraised though. I mean, no one could with a straight face. It's a land that should have (and was other places) been built 10 years ago. It's not a 'land' for everyone (oversized plastic toys aren't appealing to me but I think it has some fun details if you look for them, but I resent the cutting they did to the land). But then we'd have to get into the land itself and that would get off-topic and take a while, I have a lot of complaints. I choose to look at the land as a "fun supplement" of what's to come. I think they have to know they should have done a tiny bit better here. But unfortunately any small criticism and people will defend it. It's just an opinion. No need to jump on me and defend the land. I don't hate it :) It's just one of those "is what it is" things for me at this point. (There are also several real flaws with it - lack of shade; lack of greenery around the walking space; the cutting of scenes around the coaster; no true retail space; no true restaurant space - a two window quick service, while very good, doesn't cut it in a 'brand new land' - come on Disney!).

Again, what's there is "fine". It's good enough (I don't need to have anyone defend it, please, lol). It has some fun details. But let's not pretend it doesn't has some big flaws too.

Honestly I've found many reviews of TSL to be right on the money and fair. No overpraise. No underpraise. IMO of course.

EDIT: I added some thoughts! I know it's probably annoying but I think of things that I don't want to put in a new post ... lol

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
It was never going to be overpraised though. I mean, no one could with a straight face. It's a land that should have (and was other places) been built 10 years ago. It's not a 'land' for everyone (oversized plastic toys aren't appealing to me but I think it has some fun details if you look for them, but I resent the cutting they did to the land). But then we'd have to get into the land itself and that would get off-topic and take a while, I have a lot of complaints. I choose to look at the land as a "fun supplement" of what's to come. I think they have to know they should have done a tiny bit better here. But unfortunately any small criticism and people will defend it. It's just an opinion. No need to jump on me and defend the land. I don't hate it :) It's just one of those "is what it is" things for me at this point.

I know...

I’m just having an agent orange flashback to when they announced these gimmicks at magic kingdom...

Selling parts of days for fees...I remember being told I was exaggerating then...

Buy 2020 it will be all four parks...likely sooner. And it will never go away till the credit swipers fall silent.
Don’t sound out the side of the mountain in the snow when you hear a “storm” coming.

Kman101

So, about this thing they're offering. I mean, to each their own. I understand and don't care if you want to pay this. Go for it. But how they operate their parks really annoys me to no end. It's basically "come spend money!!!!" but they spin it like they're really giving you something special. Kudos because people eat it up. If they truly cared, it'd be free.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom