Body Found in Burning Car near Fantasia Mini-Golf (Epcot Resort Area)

WDWBigEd

In the Parks
Yes
Local News WESH has some details

OCSO: Body found inside burning vehicle near Disney mini-golf course

Investigators are looking into a body found in a burning vehicle on Walt Disney World property early Saturday morning.

Orange County Sheriff's deputies were called to 1209 Epcot Resorts Boulevard near Disney's Fantasia Gardens Miniature Golf Course at 4:11 a.m. to assist the Reedy Creek Fire Department with a vehicle fire.

A body was discovered inside the vehicle after the fire was extinguished, authorities said.

Authorities have not released the victim's identity but said this is an ongoing investigation.

A spokesperson with Walt Disney World says they are working with law enforcement.

- Taken from WESH Website

peter11435

This is what happens when you keep growing Walt Disney World. While we don't know the circumstances around the burning body in the car it stands to reason that the bigger you make Walt Disney World and the more bodies you cram onto the property, the more you increase your odds to have a bad element enter your property at some point.

They changed Downtown Disney to keep out the local riff-raff, but that doesn't mean that trouble won't go elsewhere. Walt Disney World is not a secure property...though maybe it should be.

I suggested to Disney a few years back about a way to screen vehicles before they come onto the property. Allow regular visitors to go to Disney Springs, but stop them from going into the resort areas and parks before a security pre-screening and vehicle check prior to entry.
Exiting and returning to the property after the initial check can be as simple as getting onto the hotel resorts by using your magic band because you have already been screened.

That would also eliminate or severely reduce the need for baggage checks and long security lines at the parks since people will have already gone through perimeter screening.

The bigger WDW gets, the more dangerous it will become.

And now I fully expect some people to attack me on here because that's what people do on this site sadly.
I won’t attack you. Although I do think it’s a little too soon for this type of post in this thread especially since we don’t know any facts about this incident yet.

However I do have to point out that there is a major security flaw with your plan. You can’t allow guests to come and go after screening and not require rescreening upon each entry and expect to have any secure zone at all.

Thelazer

Could it be a poor cast member, who had to sleep in there car, cause Disney doesn't pay much.. and then the car caught on fire and the smoke was to much, so the person didn't wake up and couldn't escape?

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
Original Poster
Nothing good happens at 4AM in the morning.

Nothing good happens after 10pm....unless you've imbibed...and even then you got a 20% shot (at least anything you'd want to remember)......after further review I'll stick with 10pm .....(there could be an argument for 9:45pm).....unless of course it was a EMH night.

Last edited:

shernernum

Could it be a poor cast member, who had to sleep in there car, cause Disney doesn't pay much.. and then the car caught on fire and the smoke was to much, so the person didn't wake up and couldn't escape?

How about we wait to see what actually happened from the investigation before we start turning this into a "Disney needs to lock down their security" or "Disney is the big bad corporation killing their own cast members"?

TrojanUSC

This is what happens when you keep growing Walt Disney World. While we don't know the circumstances around the burning body in the car it stands to reason that the bigger you make Walt Disney World and the more bodies you cram onto the property, the more you increase your odds to have a bad element enter your property at some point.

They changed Downtown Disney to keep out the local riff-raff, but that doesn't mean that trouble won't go elsewhere. Walt Disney World is not a secure property...though maybe it should be.

I suggested to Disney a few years back about a way to screen vehicles before they come onto the property. Allow regular visitors to go to Disney Springs, but stop them from going into the resort areas and parks before a security pre-screening and vehicle check prior to entry.
Exiting and returning to the property after the initial check can be as simple as getting onto the hotel resorts by using your magic band because you have already been screened.

That would also eliminate or severely reduce the need for baggage checks and long security lines at the parks since people will have already gone through perimeter screening.

The bigger WDW gets, the more dangerous it will become.

And now I fully expect some people to attack me on here because that's what people do on this site sadly.

This is ridiculous. This is essentially a city with 150,000+ people in it every single day. Screening every car coming in and out would take forever and there isn't the kind of crime that would necessitate this. This was a car fire. Tragic and unfortunate. Perhaps there was something suspicious about it but, either way, these kinds of things have unfortunately happened since day one at the resort.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom