Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

Goofyernmost

They've been doing things in a different order for sure. Still, don't be surprised if this goes suddenly missing- in California many of the pre-fab elements were test fit before being removed.
That makes sense... those props are finished products. It would be foolhardy to risk damage accidentally caused by all that construction equipment that's hanging around. I would certainly put them in a safe place until most of the construction is done.

EDIT: Now that I see it is a roof top display and it appears that the roof is completed, it may be safe to keep it there, but, at this stage of the construction, I know I wouldn't take a chance, but, I don't have the bottomless money piggy bank of TWDC. Besides if it gets damaged... it will just be like it never existed, no replacement necessary. That's how they roll. At this point it's probably there just to get the SW fans to wet their pants with excitement.

Last edited:

Dunston

Oh my God it's huge. These pics show how much everything has actually taken shape--this may be just me--but I feel like until now it just looked like a construction site. But now it looks like some kind of giant thing, an actual city in some kind of mountain place.

Last edited:

sedati

From Bio:
1533094090217.png

From OC Register:
1533094526608.png

From the future... (Westcoaster)
DLR-18_0711-B-SWL-0031.jpg

Last edited:

TiggerDad

That makes sense... those props are finished products. It would be foolhardy to risk damage accidentally caused by all that construction equipment that's hanging around. I would certainly put them in a save place until most of the construction is done.
I will take one for the team and offer up my backyard to store it, but not sure that would be any safer.

briangaw

@sedati @marni1971

1532900318666-png.299236

Also of note from what it looks like the area inside that right red line looked to be a waterfall or water feature of some kind in some of the other aerials. I haven't really seen much in the way of Disneyland aerials of this area, so don't know if that shows up there as well?

Also have been meaning to ask, but what the heck are these cylinders?
1533107019643.png

From top slightly left of center of this shot:
Dipxt7uV4AAAY1e.jpg:large

Movielover

1533107019643-png.299863

I'm trying to flip the model around in my head but I believe that's the area that will look like a First Order outpost and will have the full size Tie Fighter so those may be prop "fuel" tanks or actually serve a purpose.

sedati

@sedati @marni1971

1532900318666-png.299236

Also of note from what it looks like the area inside that right red line looked to be a waterfall or water feature of some kind in some of the other aerials. I haven't really seen much in the way of Disneyland aerials of this area, so don't know if that shows up there as well?

View attachment 299863

The area along the toy story entrance seems more like it will have terraced planting. A waterfall needs a pool to collect in, and I don't see any sign on that.

Here's your cylinders at the bottom center (courtesy of OC Register)
0714_nws_ocr-l-d23swland-095.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom