Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

drod1985

That's kind of a bummer, I feel like a tunnel/roof helps with the transition and suspension of belief.

Have we had any hints towards if the "saber" shop will be anything more than the standard build-a-lightsaber stands we've got currently? I wonder if they'll create an additional, more premium version of that experience where you could build a saber using more realistic parts and the removable LED blades like the park exclusive sabers.

Goofyernmost

That is if we have a heart after we're attacked by alligators
I'll bet that those towers will attract aliens from Galaxies Far Far Away. I'll bet you thought the SWL was just an amusement park attraction didn't you. No, it will be a rendezvous point for the aliens poised to take over our planet.
As far as I am concerned right at this point... they can have the damn place. I'll even give them the keys.

Goofyernmost

Classic. Anaheim gets two tunnels from that end, Orlando gets zero.

We'll probably never hear the end of this!
They probably figured that since anyone the rode the slinky coaster had already seen what was just to the south of it, so why bother with the tunnel... the secret is already out of the bag. Now from the other end there is a reason to and ability to hide everything until you actually enter.

Giraffiki

The backstage road crosses the walkway at grade in front of the berm area. Gates either side of the walkway will hide it when not in use.

So similar to the Toy Story Mania exit queue works. I can't imagine this is ideal as I've seen deliveries made on that road during operating hours. Should limit them a bit as I'd imagine there's no way they would cut off traffic during the day save for emergency vehicle use.

Movielover

I can't imagine this is ideal

It isn't but thats the hand they were dealt with considering all this area was backstage space when originally constructed. There are plently of other areas that have these gated road accesses. The big one that comes to mind is the access roads seaperating the old Bugs Life land in DCA.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
When did we start talking about SWL in California in a DHS thread? Weren't we discussing the lack of the tunnel in DHS and why it no longer will have a cover?
You suggested this:

"They probably figured that since anyone the rode the slinky coaster had already seen what was just to the south of it, so why bother with the tunnel... "

so I explained the decision was nothing to do with riding Slinky or indeed what’s in Orlando. It was decided in California.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom