New Space Mountain Starcade Queue - Open

dweezil78

Original Poster
Looks like work is complete on the new indoor queue bypass that makes use of the upstairs of the old Starcade and it was being used today. Can't remember the last time I actually waited in line for Space Mountain, but I'm sure being able to wait indoors for those who do will be most welcome on especially warm days like we've been having lately! Looks nice enough for what it is...

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Looks like work is complete on the new indoor queue bypass that makes use of the upstairs of the old Starcade and it was being used today. Can't remember the last time I actually waited in line for Space Mountain, but I'm sure being able to wait indoors for those who do will be most welcome on especially warm days like we've been having lately! Looks nice enough for what it is...

What I can see of it, it looks nice. Done quicker than I thought it would be.

180º

It’s kind of hilarious but this and the new parking structure are more exciting to me than Pixar Pier and Star Wars Land. I think Disneyland’s been neglecting these small, logical fixes for a long time, and I’m so happy to see them come to light. Also, I LOVE that spaceship hanging from the ceiling! Very classic Tomorrowland.

TP2000

Those giant space age serving tongs they have suspended from the ceiling look cool.

Much better than standing in the sun, I imagine.

TP2000

Now, I can't wait for what they do the the rumored change for the Matterhorn queue. I'm liking these changes in preparation of Galaxy's Edge opening. Most should have been done years ago.

Agreed. The fact that they deferred these types of overdue upgrades and land use reconfiguration proves to me that the execs running the parks for the last 10 years have NEVER waited in a Standby queue before and NEVER tried to park a car and get a stroller into the park on a Saturday morning.

They are probably terrified of what Star Wars Land will bring next year, and are now trying to play catch up. Welcome to the 21st Century TDA suits!

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Agreed. The fact that they deferred these types of overdue upgrades and land use reconfiguration proves to me that the execs running the parks for the last 10 years have NEVER waited in a Standby queue before and NEVER tried to park a car and get a stroller into the park on a Saturday morning.

They are probably terrified of what Star Wars Land will bring next year, and are now trying to play catch up. Welcome to the 21st Century TDA suits!

Better late than never is what I always say.... ;):p:cool:

DanielBB8

If you read WD W N T, you would think the fans prefer to get Starcade back. Sometimes, the execs must tread carefully even if late. That Paradise Pier Pixar Pier thread is an example of why bother. Quite sad.

I’m looking forward to having the People Mover tracks removed as rumored. It’s never coming back. Get used to it.

Last edited:

mickEblu

At first glance it looks better to me than the entire Space Mountain Q from the entrance to the load room. Everything up the load room leaves much to be desired and looks like a very generic plasticky spaceport.

Kram Sacul

In the Parks
Yes
At first glance it looks better to me than the entire Space Mountain Q from the entrance to the load room. Everything up the load room leaves much to be desired and looks like a very generic plasticky spaceport.

Well, they did kind of ruin it when they took out the windows and the wacky videos on the TVs. You also don’t get to stand in line in there too much because of stupid Fastpass.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom