Ethics / Loopholes

KBLovedDisney

Come on by my office and we'll make one more trip downstairs to Starbucks/Dunkin, you choose!
Starbucks: get me some frothy hot coffee mocha goodness with a splash of caffeine
or
Dunkin: get me a Dunkin donut dose

Hmmm the choices...

giphy.gif

Haha!:hilarious:

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
I thought that Yoda meme was meant to insinuate that this would be a controversial topic but I really can't see what's controversial about it but there always seems to be someone trying to defend things that really shouldn't be defended. That is all I was saying with what I was saying when I said what I said.
Just waiting for someone to try defending the behavior. It seems to happen in a page or two whenever the topic comes up.
Personally I think it is wrong in so many ways.

DuckTalesWooHoo1987

Just waiting for someone to try defending the behavior. It seems to happen in a page or two whenever the topic comes up.
Personally I think it is wrong in so many ways.
Yeah this thread has exceeded expectations by making it two pages and still maintaining a united front. Maybe we should take odds on when it jumps the shark and the winner gets to book fastpasses under someone else's name for Slinky??? Oh. Wait. LOL!

KBLovedDisney

Will do. By the way, have you tried the Pistachio Coffee at Dunkin? I am not normally a sweet-coffee person but my god, it's like a melted pistachio ice cream coffee milkshake concoction (don't knock it 'til you've tried it!).
I actually don't like Donuts all that much:cautious: so I never go to the place even though I drive right by one everyday on the way to work.

They did me wrong when they decided to put Starbucks in my go-to grocery store because I have to get groceries after work and now I want a freakin cappuccino:bawling: even though it is like 1,000 degrees outside

DuckTalesWooHoo1987

Better you than the Gondolas! (Oops, runs from the moderators)
LOL! I can fix that problem though. They should let AMAZON operate the Gondolas and people will hop on if they're only hanging from one cable as long as they are promised free shipping on their next purchase. The bus lines would empty immediately and balance would be returned to the force! HA!

acollins876

Original Poster
Also I thought you were required to give a CC# now and limited to one dinner reservation at a time? (IE no making 4 reservations at 8 pm on a Friday, then deciding last minute which to choose)

Yes, you have to give a cc and can't have overlapping reservations. I felt a little bit of vindication when the host mentioned he forgot to cancel a reservation the night before and got dinged for the $10/head.

DuckTalesWooHoo1987

I actually don't like Donuts all that much:cautious: so I never go to the place even though I drive right by one everyday on the way to work.

They did me wrong when they decided to put Starbucks in my go-to grocery store because I have to get groceries after work and now I want a freakin cappuccino:bawling:
I fully expect to walk in a public bathroom one day to find a Starbucks in there for people to enjoy while they update their facebook statuses in the stalls while some poor schmuck waits in agony on the outside. I mean they are every where! LOL! I saw a bathroom sign on my route the other day that said "The length of a minute is determined by which side of the bathroom door you are on".

EricPZ

I listen to a lot of Disney podcasts and read a lot of articles and feel like I'm pretty in-the-know. Lately I've come across a podcast that seems to primarily look for ways to get over on Disney and not get caught. I'm wondering what the community here thinks about this. Things like:

Pushing up your reservation dates to make FP reservations, then backing back the trip to your actual dates.
Making fake MDE accounts and linking them up to get extra FPs.
Making and holding a bunch of dining reservations that you know you won't use but cancelling at the last moment to allow flexibility. As I planned our upcoming trip I made more reservations that I knew we'd use, but I've cancelled the extras now and we're still over a month out.
I'm sure we can come up with more.

I'm a pretty frugal person and love to get the most I can for the $$. And frankly I do love a situation where planning and research puts me into an advantageous position compared to someone who hasn't taken the time to plan. Things like what I mentioned above are why rules get changed to make things even more restrictive.
While my wife enjoys the heck outta planning Disney trips...I can't see the effort involved in those hacks really worth it.

KBLovedDisney

I fully expect to walk in a public bathroom one day to find a Starbucks in there for people to enjoy while they update their facebook statuses in the stalls while some poor schmuck waits in agony on the outside. I mean they are every where! LOL! I saw a bathroom sign on my route the other day that said "The length of a minute is determined by which side of the bathroom door you are on".
:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

DuckTalesWooHoo1987

Eww and ha! Also, was that bathroom sign a bumper sticker? Because if it was, weren't there any other options at the Salem Gift Shop?
It was actually a really well made sign like what you'd get at Hobby Lobby or something and it was sitting by the toilet paper rack. Which is kinda weird. LOL! It should totally be a bumper sticker though! OR like one of those hanger signs that say "Do Not Disturb" that you could carry with you at all times and use them on whatever stall you are in at the time. That would take trolling to previously unattained heights! LOL!!!

DuckTalesWooHoo1987

This may be a decent place to post this then:

Was at Universal one time, approaching the ticket line. To the left there is a queue with about 30 people in line, however the right side queue is completely clear, and a person in the office. I assume maybe the other side is all one group, or has some special needs (this was true in a way) so wife and I walk up to the open side. Well JoeJimMAGABob in the other side comes up and tells us that they have all been waiting, and I need to get back in line. I tell him that both sides were open, the signs explicitly stated both aisles were open, and it wasnt my fault he couldn't read. Guy stands between us and the booth, lady inside says nothing, and I guess to avoid argument my wife decides to walk over to guest relations. I yell to BubbaEarl and his group that it wasn't my fault that this guy and his "dumb illiterate redneck family can'tread"

Was I wrong? Not my problem that an entire group can't read, and that I opt out of stupidity.
There is a comic book movie called American Splendor based on a comic by a guy named Harvey Pekar and in it there's a whole bit about how choosing a line is like an art form and this SO reminded me of that. LOL! He goes to a grocery store and when he's checking out he starts to pick a lane and little comic bubbles appear above his head and he starts reasoning with himself about which line to get in and all the fears he has with each line. It is absolutely brilliant and if you can find it I HIGHLY recommend giving it a watch. It has Paul Giamatti and is insanely funny.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dog Ate Mouse

Loaded issue here. Here is my take and my actions. I am on vacation and manors are brought and best foot put forward. We planned our trip and restaurants. I do try to get everywhere we can and truly enjoy eating at. One time we could not get reservation for France and wound up planning to eat at Germany where we never eaten before. Had the best and fun time of our trip that night. Good food, music, beer and desserts. Did not think twice about eating in France. Same happened to us that we could not eat in the castle in MK that the Mrs wanted too. We ate instead ate at the Liberty Tree Tavern and loved the home style Turkey Dinner. Then walked out after we finished dining and caught the very beginning of the electric light parade. We had great place to watch it right in front of the Liberty Tree and had great pictures and a great experience. So what does this mean. It just goes to show that sometimes not doing anything else but sticking to the plans you made paid off for us. If we would have been anywhere else we would have missed the parade and had lousy standing and visibility. We try to do the right thing while others try and get over or cut in line and so on. I am on vacation and am really always trying to be polite and nice to all. Made a lot of friends from all over the world this way and seen these people again in other parks at the same restaurant and was asked to join them at the dinner table. Yes I would love to be able to do what I want when I want, but that comes with a price and maybe ruining your evening or ruining the evening of someone else that is on vacation too. I do not want to fight or will fight and if another person's actions are really that bad will go to a cast member. I have done this before and will do it again only if it is truly called for. So I guess for the Mrs. and I we would not try and pull one over.

Sorry for the long winded explanation.

Sincerely
Dog Ate Mouse

KBLovedDisney

I was told once that I have "strong convictions" because there are just certain things I flat out refuse to do. That's not always meant as a compliment but I took it as one.
Gawd I got so picked on by my own family (more so bullied :cautious:) because I was a goodytwoshoes, school nerd and all with no rule breaking and such. Well, apparently being a goodytwoshoes gave me the honor of being the first in my family (and extended family) with a 4 year college degree.

I'd like to see them..
tumblr_m1v5coLCQ91qb9pa3o1_500.gif

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom