News New Gondola Transportation - Disney Skyliner -

smile

spot the differences

willam.jpg

Missing20K

I mean, I like the idea, I love new transportation, but those towers are anything but elegant. The clean lines of a concrete monorail beam they are not.

Not trying to be a downer, I'm actually pretty excited for this, ugly towers (is there any chance they get painted?) notwithstanding.

Bocabear

I mean, I like the idea, I love new transportation, but those towers are anything but elegant. The clean lines of a concrete monorail beam they are not.

Not trying to be a downer, I'm actually pretty excited for this, ugly towers (is there any chance they get painted?) notwithstanding.
I am kind of doubtful they will paint...though they could do vinyl wrap graphis on the lower portions.... I think they will just count on the gondolas looking neat and forget aoout the towers...

Grimley1968

To the bolded, about as likely as parking lot light posts, IMHO.

GlacierGlacier

Gondola towers will not be painted, with a few exceptions.

All towers are galvanized steel, but the one opposite the IG station is painted go away green and reportedly the one located next to the DHS station is painted, too.

Others may appear, but they'll be the exception, not the rule.

Missing20K

All towers are galvanized steel, but the one opposite the IG station is painted go away green and reportedly the one located next to the DHS station is painted, too.

That's what I figured. Didn't think they would galvanize and not paint before installation. It's wishful thinking I guess.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

That's what happens when you don't order all the parts you need from the same lot.

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member

The monorail beams look anything but clean nowadays.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom