Pre-Trip SSR Pre-Trip Report! September [2018]

So is anyone in for a REALLLLLY long Pre-Trip Report ala @tonythetigger style ?
Because I’M FINALLY GOING BACK!!

……BUT. Not until NEXT November.

I will admit this is extremely premature, but I’m dying to start the PTR because THREE people I know personally are there, or going there this week, and darn it, I want in on the fun!

So.. about the trip.
Here are the things I know:

*We will be staying off park. It’s cheaper this way!

* I’m finally going to see the Christmas decorations!

* 5 Day tickets ! (I already have my ticket from the trip I wasn’t able to go on this year!)

*Leaving RIGHT after Thanksgiving! Tentative dates are 11/24-12/1. I am also off on 11/22 & 11/23 so I won’t have to take EXTRA days off work. This excites me!

Cast:

Me – Britt. Mom to Harper.

Harper – currently just over 3. Will be almost 4.5 on the trip!

My mom & Step Dad.

Plenty of things could (and likely WILL) change by Next November, but I wanted to use this thread to track savings and tid bits up to the trip!

I haven’t been since April of 2016, so by the time I get back, it’ll be about 2.5 years since I’ve been! Harper was lucky enough to go this April with her grandparents. She is a total Disney freak. She asks me every day when we are going back!

So please, follow along on the ride!

Last edited:

ScarletBegonias

Original Poster
Guess what today is?????

DOUBLE DIGIT DANCE!!!

99 DAYS UNTIL DISNEY!!!

Here is Harper with our chain counting down from 100 days! She is so excited!
Countdown.jpg

chain.jpg

LisaBelle

Missed this when you first started posting. Super excited that you’re heading back sooner than planned. I cannot believe how big Harper has gotten. As others have said, she is adorable! Love your count down chain!

ScarletBegonias

Original Poster
Missed this when you first started posting. Super excited that you’re heading back sooner than planned. I cannot believe how big Harper has gotten. As others have said, she is adorable! Love your count down chain!

She is getting SO BIG! I cannot wait for this trip! I'm so excited!!! She loves taking a piece off the chain every day. Watching it get shorter is awesome! We are at 90 days exactly today!

Skibum1970

You are so right! I feel bad wishing away the entire summer, but I am so excited! Trying to live in the moment because I love summer, too!

We are slated for a trip in November (second week) with the express intent of seeing the Christmas decorations for the first time. Each year, something has happened to cause a cancellation (ex. Crowns for teeth, car repairs, sickness, etc...). So, I am hopeful that nothing happens. My car already got its first lick in but I can overcome that. However, I am trying to not think about it. No Fastpasses to be scheduled for a few months yet. So, I completely understand the excitement and wishing that the days would pass.

ScarletBegonias

Original Poster
We are slated for a trip in November (second week) with the express intent of seeing the Christmas decorations for the first time. Each year, something has happened to cause a cancellation (ex. Crowns for teeth, car repairs, sickness, etc...). So, I am hopeful that nothing happens. My car already got its first lick in but I can overcome that. However, I am trying to not think about it. No Fastpasses to be scheduled for a few months yet. So, I completely understand the excitement and wishing that the days would pass.
Yep! You hate to wish it away, but at the same time really want it to be here! Then it passes so quickly. *sigh*

ScarletBegonias

Original Poster
**Little Life Update**
For those who aren't on Instagram...

This past weekend was Harper's 4th Birthday! She had a wonderful weekend! We went to Dutch Wonderland on Sunday to feel out some kiddie rides. She did pretty good and kept calling the log flume ride "Splash Mountain!" It was so cute. She was petrified of the Kiddie Coaster, so i'm starting to feel like 7DMT may not be a good idea. I don't want to terrify her! She did end up getting on the little coaster with my Step dad and she proclaimed that she didn't "need to do it too many times" after she got off. We never got her back on it. So, i'm not sure what to expect in Disney!

Here are a few pics of the Brithday Girl!
IMG_20180623_111726.jpg

00100dPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20180623074309403_COVER.jpg

IMG_20180624_105538.jpg

ScarletBegonias

Original Poster
We are leaving for Disney in 62 days, and we will arrive in Disney in 64 Days. Fast passes are goign to be made soon! That's when you KNOW it's getting real!

We are leaving on 9/6 (Thursday night) after work and then driving 5 hours to Virginia and stopping for the night. We are getting up the next day and going to this neat place called Lazy 5 Ranch in NC. You drive through and animals come up to your car and you can feed them and stuff. I've seen pics and videos, and it looks super cute. After that we are driving approx 8 hours to Daytona Beach and staying another night Oceanfront. I'm hoping we get there early enough to be able to see the beach in daylight, but estimating we'll be there around 6-7pm (accounting for potty and food breaks). The next morning we are going to hang out until check out, and then grab breakfast and then do the final 2 hours to Disney. Check in at SSR, isn't until 4pm, so i'm not sure what will happen if we arrive super early. Maybe our room will be ready? Maybe not...

That night we have an ADR at Rose & Crown and will catch Illuminations! It's going to be a wonderful start of vacation!

LisaBelle

We are leaving for Disney in 62 days, and we will arrive in Disney in 64 Days. Fast passes are goign to be made soon! That's when you KNOW it's getting real!

We are leaving on 9/6 (Thursday night) after work and then driving 5 hours to Virginia and stopping for the night. We are getting up the next day and going to this neat place called Lazy 5 Ranch in NC. You drive through and animals come up to your car and you can feed them and stuff. I've seen pics and videos, and it looks super cute. After that we are driving approx 8 hours to Daytona Beach and staying another night Oceanfront. I'm hoping we get there early enough to be able to see the beach in daylight, but estimating we'll be there around 6-7pm (accounting for potty and food breaks). The next morning we are going to hang out until check out, and then grab breakfast and then do the final 2 hours to Disney. Check in at SSR, isn't until 4pm, so i'm not sure what will happen if we arrive super early. Maybe our room will be ready? Maybe not...

That night we have an ADR at Rose & Crown and will catch Illuminations! It's going to be a wonderful start of vacation!
I hope you are able to get FP+ for everything you want! Can’t wait to hear about your choices!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom