Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

Kamikaze

No way to really prove that but ok. And Disneyland cuts too...let's not pretend Orlando is the only money hungry part of the company. It is at DCA they are charging $299 a pop to see Pixar Pier days before everyone else.

Yes, TDO is far more willing to cut money than TDA. Its not even a debate. Lets not forget that SW:GE was cut to two attractions from three because of TDO. And did you ever wonder why DLR began construction first, even though WDW had the land available and ready first? I'll give you one guess.

As far as the Pixar Pier event, that has nothing to do with anything. If people are willing to pay it, then Disney should offer it. I will definitely be shelling out whatever it costs to attend the SW:GE one at DLR.

jaxonp

Yes, TDO is far more willing to cut money than TDA. Its not even a debate. Lets not forget that SW:GE was cut to two attractions from three because of TDO. And did you ever wonder why DLR began construction first, even though WDW had the land available and ready first? I'll give you one guess.

As far as the Pixar Pier event, that has nothing to do with anything. If people are willing to pay it, then Disney should offer it. I will definitely be shelling out whatever it costs to attend the SW:GE one at DLR.

Correction.. The land was designed for Anaheim and adapted for Orlando. Orlando had more than one location for SWL that wasn't decided in enough time. Anaheim was always getting STL first.

Kamikaze

Correction.. The land was designed for Anaheim and adapted for Orlando. Orlando had more than one location for SWL that wasn't decided in enough time. Anaheim was always getting STL first.

What exactly are you correcting? That TDO didn't start construction for a year because they didn't know where the land was going to go? You're being awfully naive.

The original plan for SW:GE was for three attractions. The two we got and one with high capacity. TDO didn't want to pay for three attractions. Disney as a whole didn't want the lands to be different. Thus, instead of TDO paying for #3, it got cut from both.

HauntedMansionFLA

I've seen the wait times over-inflated too. I went in recently just before morning EMH, and the wait said 60 minutes, but I only waited about 20. I walked right into the RDA industrial building and was actually able to get on twice within an hour.

I might try to do the same for SWGE, but I have a feeling I'm probably going to avoid DHS for a long while after it opens, regardless of how much I want to go. They need more than Mickey and TSL to absorb the massive crowds that will be coming in. They should have things like the Indy ride going there and not in DAK.
A Indy ride hasn’t been announced yet so it might end up in DHS.

jaxonp

What exactly are you correcting? That TDO didn't start construction for a year because they didn't know where the land was going to go? You're being awfully naive.

The original plan for SW:GE was for three attractions. The two we got and one with high capacity. TDO didn't want to pay for three attractions. Disney as a whole didn't want the lands to be different. Thus, instead of TDO paying for #3, it got cut from both.

Well I guess if you say then it must be true.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member

Go back further and the SW area was proposed for north Echo Lake. Then SWL more or less as we know it was to be built on and behind Indy.

Then it was moved to the back of the park a) to justify removing LMA and b) to ensure the back of the park didn’t become a ghost town after SWL opening.

This change of plan aided in a delay in Orlando.

TP2000

Not sure if this is the appropriate place to post this, but do the new restrictions on Disneyland APs tip us off as to when they plan to open their version of SW Land? Starting June 1 next year all but the top tier of DL APs will be restricted from parks on certain days. They will have to check the calendar to see if they can go to DL or DCA each day. Remember that they put restrictions on certain WDW tickets starting right before Pandora opened. I know they said summer 2019, but this may mean closer to June than August.

According to the new Disneyland AP blockouts for June, 2019, it looks like the fourth week of June would be a safe bet for Star Wars Land to open. Beginning Friday, June 21st 2019, all Deluxe and lower levels of AP's are blocked out of Disneyland through the summer.

That would give a full five months of operation before the DHS version of Star Wars Land opens in.... late November?

Mike S

Go back further and the SW area was proposed for north Echo Lake. Then SWL more or less as we know it was to be built on and behind Indy.

Then it was moved to the back of the park a) to justify removing LMA and b) to ensure the back of the park didn’t become a ghost town after SWL opening.

The back of the park wouldn’t have been a ghost town if there was a more ambitious plan than TSL but I digress.

DVCOwner

A Long Time DVC Member
The line for Star Wars land starts at Spaceship Earth. Please park at Epcot because Hollywood Studios lot is full by 7am.

I agree 100% with this. I think Disney is going to have to come up with a reservation system just to get into the park. This is going to bring more non-traditional Disney Park goers than anything they have ever placed in a park.

PizzaPlanet

OK, I had missed this bit. I was under-impressed with LMA when I saw it (once), but wasn't hostile? Expensive to run or poor performer?
It cost a lot to run.
It's kind of weird that LMA was only around for a decade, which is nothing compared to the other shows at DHS. In the grand scheme of things it was a pretty short lived attraction.

drod1985

When GE was slated to be built on top of Indy did that include incorporating Star Tours into GE as an additional attraction?

GoofGoof

Premium Member
According to the new Disneyland AP blockouts for June, 2019, it looks like the fourth week of June would be a safe bet for Star Wars Land to open. Beginning Friday, June 21st 2019, all Deluxe and lower levels of AP's are blocked out of Disneyland through the summer.

That would give a full five months of operation before the DHS version of Star Wars Land opens in.... late November?
That seems logical.

I am potentially planning an August 2019 trip out to CA. I don’t want to get caught in the crowds during the opening weeks of SWL. Do you think by the end of August it will still be crazy crowded? I haven’t been to DLR since before my kids were born and I’m so excited for them to see it for the first time.

phillip9698

That seems logical.

I am potentially planning an August 2019 trip out to CA. I don’t want to get caught in the crowds during the opening weeks of SWL. Do you think by the end of August it will still be crazy crowded? I haven’t been to DLR since before my kids were born and I’m so excited for them to see it for the first time.

Its going to be "crazy crowded" for a couple years, during the time you visit its going to be a madhouse of complete bedlam.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom