News Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser coming to Walt Disney World 2021

I guess I'm the odd ball here, but if I am going to spend presumably thousands of dollars for my family to stay for just 2 nights....I will be highly disappointed if I'm not sequestered inside this hotel. I want Julie the Cruise director to greet me with a pre-planned Itinerary of what I am doing each day. Where and what time, already planned out. Everyone is on a schedule that Disney has already planned out.

Why would you spend two grand if you can come and go as you please? That is a Ritz Carlton not a Star Wars hotel.

Incomudro

I guess I'm the odd ball here, but if I am going to spend presumably thousands of dollars for my family to stay for just 2 nights....I will be highly disappointed if I'm not sequestered inside this hotel. I want Julie the Cruise director to greet me with a pre-planned Itinerary of what I am doing each day. Where and what time, already planned out. Everyone is on a schedule that Disney has already planned out.

Why would you spend two grand if you can come and go as you please? That is a Ritz Carlton not a Star Wars hotel.

But they can't make you stay.
Additionally, Disney is indicating that one chooses the amount of story immersion one signs up for.
For a price of course.

drod1985

Right. What the pro-entrapment crowd is missing is that they can likely stay put in the resort and be fully entertained for the duration of their stay if they so choose. And that’s likely what I’d be doing as well!

But if somebody has any need or desire to leave for any reason then leaving won’t be a problem. Nor will cellphone use be an issue - and if you need an excuse for that we can chalk it up to intergalactic hyperspace cell transmissions.

Incomudro

Right. What the pro-entrapment crowd is missing is that they can likely stay put in the resort and be fully entertained for the duration of their stay if they so choose. And that’s likely what I’d be doing as well!

But if somebody has any need or desire to leave for any reason then leaving won’t be a problem. Nor will cellphone use be an issue - and if you need an excuse for that we can chalk it up to intergalactic hyperspace cell transmissions.

Really.
I'm certain Disney will simply coin the cel phones "transponders" or whatever.
I can imagine cast members goofing on some of the people using them.
It's Star Wars, but it's also WDW.
It's not serious, it's fun.

monothingie

Official Lowerer of $DIS stock price
Premium Member
Yes to this.
It's not prison, it's a high price vacation.

Solve both problems and model it after a Star Destroyer's detention block.

8153763193_6799be8478_b.jpg

Unplugged

Another waste of time debating and arguing. Disney will NOT take peoples phones. All you have to do is look at the increased use of personal devices through their app. I would venture to say you may have a special app that unlocks with your reservation for the experience to track your mission.

They are not going to "lock you into" the experience. They are not going to have the legal liability of confiscating devices that they are pushing to begin with. This is all such stupid nonsense. Come on folks.

DisneyDaver

Everyone is way to connected to their phones. There used to be a day where you were not connected to anyone as you traveled and for the most part while you were on vacation. In this way technology has ruined our lives, and I work in technology!

I agree that there are negatives to technology and that everyone is way too connected to their phones. For that reason, I was a long time hold out on cell phones and did not have one until 2006. That said, since I purchased a smart phone, they have been very helpful to me on vacations. In the "old days" I used to have sit in the hotel room or business center for significant portions of my vacations. Now with a smart phone, I be with family on vacation and deal with most issues on my phone. In that way technology has significantly improved my enjoyment of vacations.

DisneyDaver

I never had the issue when traveling in places where internet is non existant. It is actually a relief being unconnected for a few days. If people are spending that kind of money and they feel the need to make work calls then something is wrong. People are suppose to be on vacation not on a business trip.

It is great that you have the luxury of not needing to work during vacations. Not everyone is lucky enough to have a career where that is an option.

Lensman

From the original survey:

• Engage in the story with programs such as flight training, ship exploration, lightsaber training, and personalized secret missions (both on the starship and throughout the Star Wars themed planet).

So is this planet Batuu or is there another planet in the LARP? Maybe it will be a prison planet? Or maybe it will cross IPs and be Fiorina "Fury" 161 and we'll get to experience the Extraterrorestrial Alien Encounter again? :)

Or do we think they've since backed away from integrating Batuu into the LARP?

bclane

I agree that there are negatives to technology and that everyone is way too connected to their phones. For that reason, I was a long time hold out on cell phones and did not have one until 2006. That said, since I purchased a smart phone, they have been very helpful to me on vacations. In the "old days" I used to have sit in the hotel room or business center for significant portions of my vacations. Now with a smart phone, I be with family on vacation and deal with most issues on my phone. In that way technology has significantly improved my enjoyment of vacations.
Cellphones have damaged our health and our social relationships. I know I’d be better off without one. Having said that, good luck taking mine...even after i’m dead. Lol!

Last edited:

Kamikaze

I never had the issue when traveling in places where internet is non existant. It is actually a relief being unconnected for a few days. If people are spending that kind of money and they feel the need to make work calls then something is wrong. People are suppose to be on vacation not on a business trip.

For some of us, that is just not realistic nor possible. And just because we need to be connected does mean 'work calls'. I can easily ignore phone calls for a couple of days, but I need internet access for email at the very least. When there isn't anyone that can do your job for you, its reality.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
From the original survey:

• Engage in the story with programs such as flight training, ship exploration, lightsaber training, and personalized secret missions (both on the starship and throughout the Star Wars themed planet).
Flight training! Lightsaber training! Concept art shows guests interacting on the bridge during an attack. There will be more to do than just scavenger hunts.

I personally think that 2 days is going to fly by and leave most guests wishing it was longer.
I don’t think there’s much more I can say on the topic of demographics that this would be geared towards. I may be proven completely wrong on this and I’ll be the first to say it if that’s the case. I think it’s going to be very difficult to make a multi-day experience like this appealing to the average 6 year old and also still appealing to the adult SW fanboy demographic. Based on the info that is public it seems like it may be more geared towards teens and adults. If they change plans and make it more for the little kid crowd then I think a lot of the hard core “geeks” will be pretty disappointed. Maybe they will try to mix it up and have different “cruises” offered on different days or times of year.

DisneyDaver

If they change plans and make it more for the little kid crowd then I think a lot of the hard core “geeks” will be pretty disappointed.

I think when all is said and done, WDW will make it to appeal to families (other than toddlers) to some degree and while the average SW "geeks" will be satisfied, the hard core SW "geeks" will be disappointed.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom