The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

21stamps

Speaking of baseball, I read that they made new standards for bats and everyone is mad because it's a couple hundred per bat.

I’m not sure of any new bats.. but they’re definitely expensive. T’s bat was @ $200. Gloves are the same way, T’s glove was @ $100.
(I did get both on sale)

Once you get in the teen years, bats and gloves are several hundred dollars.

Totally wrong. They always have this joke in Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor. Why is 6 afraid of 7?
Because 7 8 9. Seven Ate nine.
Yeah, but it's yoda. It's just missing a comma.

Why is Yoda afraid of 7?

Because six, seven ate (because it's yoda)

Ahhhhh.. omg.:hilarious: Thanks!!

StarWarsGirl

Never hurts to explore all options.

Just curious about the leasing thing. Here's a question, since you've been studying it. What if you get in a wreck -- don't you have to get the car repaired to exact factory specs?

In other words, let's say you buy a car and you get in a wreck. Even with insurance, you may or may not receive a completely "good as new" repair, but because it's your own car, you can sort of pick and choose how much more you want (or don't want) to spend. You have the option to just let a few (less noticeable) things go here and there, but with a leased vehicle, you may not have that option--and are responsible to shell out the money for perfection, so to speak.

So, what I'm trying to say above is that the monthly leasing rate might be reasonable, but just exactly, what happens if you need a repair on a leased vehicle, during the (let's say, 3-year) leasing term?
Well, they pay for the maintenance on the car, so if something goes wrong that's not your fault, then they replace it.

As far as if you're in an accident, you would have to work that out with the dealer based on the lease's requirements. I generally don't do the cheaper, after market repairs anyway and take it to the dealer for repairs. I would also hope that if I were to be in an accident, I wouldn't be at fault (and my track record is good on that one...other drivers are lunatics but I'm a good driver).

This is one reason I'm asking for my dad's help: having free use of a lawyer is very handy. Even if that lawyer does think I should get a Buick and I'm like, "Yeah...no":hilarious:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom