News Tomorrowland love

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
I actually think Meet the Robinsons would fit extremely well in Tomorrowland, much more than Monsters Inc. or Stitch, considering its huge focus on the future and technology. It's too bad that the movie wasn't very popular, or we probably would've seen it happen by now. :(
But then they'd have to change the name to "Todayland." (or didn't you see the movie?)

Wow. That roof edge needs some basic cleaning. That should be embarrassing.
But it's outside in Florida, where it rains and it's humid. That means you have to give Disney a pass on mold and slime and stuff...

msg7

Just heard Tokyo's TL area music for the first time... It's the same score as WDW's except using different synthesizers, sounds, e.t.c. I can definitely see them using for the Tomorrowland revamp. However, personally, I'm not a fan of this version. The current one will always be my favorite piece of Disney Parks area music....

Link-

crxbrett

Just heard Tokyo's TL area music for the first time... It's the same score as WDW's except using different synthesizers, sounds, e.t.c. I can definitely see them using for the Tomorrowland revamp. However, personally, I'm not a fan of this version. The current one will always be my favorite piece of Disney Parks area music....

Link-

Very interesting! I had no idea they had the same BGM loop but with a different orchestration! I will say theirs sounds more cold and simple sounding, almost as if it may have been a demo version? It sounds stripped down. I still like it, but yeah, I prefer the DL/MK version more for sure. Thanks for sharing this!

MerlinTheGoat

Interesting. It's a very cool alternative version of Magic Kingdom's Tomorrowland loop. I actually like it, though don't know which version I prefer. Might depend on each song. Either way I do like it. Though I will say that the Tokyo version's sounds a bit more...serious I guess is the word. Might actually mesh a bit better with a Tron Legacy aesthetic.

The instrument choices in Tokyo also remind me a bit of the original non-Daft Punk music composed for the Tron Legacy world in Kingdom Hearts 3D.

Amos1784

So Buzz isn't being spruced up? I thought it was getting a slight tech update and much needed cleaning. Dang.

Buzz is literally one of the only rides in Disney I get on and feel like it is just filthy, the cars, the guns, everything. Thank god the lights are off for the majority. It would be nice to get that spruced up as well, cleaned, and lighting adjustments.

V_L_Raptor

Link-

The usual themes show up, and I think I'm hearing some SSE in here...

Castle Cake Apologist

I have nothing really to say except out of all the areas I worked, Tomorrowland was my least favourite. It felt the most out of date, dirty, and stale. Any updates are exciting and needed. Oh and I hated the costume.

I dreaded my Tomorrowland shifts. But oh, fantasyland shifts were the best! Was the first summer of New Fantasyland. Gaston’s was a dream! And I may be biased, but I looked pretty awesome in those (at the time) new costumes!

The Tomorrowland costumes were the worst! And there was no shorts option unless you were on Speedway? Come on!

Last edited:

PeoplemoverTTA

The Tomorrowland costumes were the worst! And there was no shorts option unless you were on Speedway? Come on!

My brother was a Skyway CP in Spring 99 (unfortunate timing, sadly, although he didn't work until later that day) and even though he got to wear shorts, he complained about the TL costumes too 😂

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
They need to gut and replace Buzz once Toy Story land gets on its feet. Seems dumb to have have the same IP strewn across multiple parks in the same general location, i.e. Orlando

It'd be pretty simple to overlay to something else, fwiw. I really wish they would. (and move Buzz AA to Swirling Saucers)
and move Laugh Floor to Voyage Little Mermaid Building
and build MI Door Coaster behind Voyage
and put Monster's Ride and go Seek in Walt Presents building

brb1006

I just noticed something a bit strange about the Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin ride. At one point, as you are leaving the ride. They used Buzz and Zurg's voice lines from the Disneyland version yet we hear a different voice of Zurg and Buzz throughout the ride. Here's a video from 2011 (Possibly dated). It's notable at 5:46 mark where Buzz says "Blast him with everything you got!" which makes sense in the Disneyland version since guests were able to shoot lasers at Buzz inside a box. While the WDW version doesn't have that option.

WDW (2011)

Disneyland

Even weirder is that Martin's video for Tommorowland used voice lines of Zurg and Buzz not present in the current version along with some of the music.

Here's old ride footage from 1999 back when the ride was in good shape.

*Q*

Link-

There's also some additional themes in there like Tron and the Timekeeper. And within the past couple of years they added the Monorail Song from the TDL loop to the MK loop.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom