The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

donaldtoo

The like is because I do like clean windows. I don't like cleaning them though.;)

:hilarious:
Yep, Windows=good, cleaning them=not good.
Before I was a manager at the Disney Store, anytime I had an opening shift I cleaned all the glass at the front of the store and the 2 4-sided mirrored columns in the middle of the store. The smudges left on all that stuff from the previous day's business was pretty crazy sometimes... :cyclops: Also, to the point where we had to clean some of that stuff during business hours, even though sometimes we couldn't, because we had to attend to more important things (although I do remember using my CM shirt to quickly make some gross kiddo snark disappear from one of the column mirrors more then a few times so other guests didn't hafta' see it :cyclops:).
Good times...!!!!!!! :joyfull:;)

Last edited:

donaldtoo

Very nice. Do you approve of the design?

Yes I do, indeed!
4 bedrooms, 3 full baths, open living, dining, kitchen...plenty of room for a growing family!
The fourth bedroom was actually originally a loft, and the previous owners closed it in as the 4th bedroom with a strip closet.
All the proper permits were submitted, and everything was done to code as per the home inspector. It's a beautiful home in a very quiet, beautiful neighborhood, and they will enjoy many wonderful years there...!!!!! :happy:

Songbird76

I cannot believe that. How stupid can people be?
Oh my....this was in the Netherlands. I've been to this park, but we didn't do the safari part. My husband was watching a different video of it where it had the audio from the car that filmed it, and I hadn't realized it was here until I heard them speaking Dutch. It's amazing to me how stupid some people can be. When I was a kid, we went to Yellowstone a few times, and I don't remember WHICH time it was, so I don't know how old I was, but we saw a "bear jam" and stopped and there was a momma grizzly and 2 cubs WAY off in the distance...you needed binoculars to see them. So mom decided to go buy a good pair of binoculars as there was a gift shop up the road a bit. So we are driving along and come up on another bear jam, this time a big black bear....with a kid about 9 years old feeding the bear a marshmallow on a stick. There was a creek between the kid and his family/car....if that bear decided to go for the kid, no way would he have made it back to the car. My mom pulled up, told us we could roll the window down just enough to get a picture, and then she took off....we were not allowed to get out of the car. But there were tons of people walking up to that tiny little creek....the bear couldn't have been much more than 30 feet from the road, and these people were getting up to 10 feet away to take their pictures. And there are deaths every year from people trying to get pictures with the Bison there. People seem to think that if it's in a nature park that they are domesticated animals.

donaldtoo

Nice little cottage. :p The part I don't quite understand is related to the short "walls" (I don't know what to call them) such as the one near the front house entrance (to the right) and another one that I think is probably connected to the garage. I'm not an architect, and just trying to figure out what the purpose is for both of those.

The wall closest to the front entry porch is a courtyard. There will eventually be a built in grill below the high opening on that low-pitched roof porch, and there will be a water feature and an herb garden in the courtyard.
The other wall off the side entry 2-car garage is to help screen the other front-facing 2-car garage from the street a bit.
Deed restriction stuff, and all...! ;)

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I think that was @StarWarsGirl with the ankle. I'm hanging in there with my hip. Another MRI on Wednesday. I did get news my neurologist is retiring. Not happy about that but he is powering through as much as he can with me before he's done.

Oh, I was referring to when you fell on the stairs when you had returned home from the hospital (in other words--your second medical issue). For some reason, I though it was your ankle you injured, when you fell on the stairs to the house.

Anyway, still hoping for the best overall outcome for you, and Happy Mother's Day.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
The wall closest to the front entry porch is a courtyard. There will eventually be a built in grill below the high opening on that low-pitched roof porch, and there will be a water feature and an herb garden in the courtyard.
The other wall off the side entry 2-car garage is to help screen the other front-facing 2-car garage from the street a bit.
Deed restriction stuff, and all...! ;)

Oh my goodness--that makes a big difference. What a nice design feature in the front with the courtyard. Please bear with me--I had not seen any grass in the front, and was not even thinking about a yard being there. You can tell I don't own a house! ;) :facepalm:

donaldtoo

Oh my goodness--that makes a big difference. What a nice design feature in the front with the courtyard. Please bear with me--I had not seen any grass in the front, and was not even thinking about a yard being there. You can tell I don't own a house! ;):facepalm:

No biggie at all, my friend! There was not a lot of visual info to go from with those sparse pics...!
This was an early-on model without even the site being plugged in yet!
I am involved in designing this stuff every working day of my life, and it is amazing, and I keep getting raises every year, but, even I know we will never live in anything close to these designs...ever.
You'd be surprised (as I'm not remotely close to the sharpest knife in the drawer :cyclops:) what I can come up with architecturally design-wise, though. It's like my brain goes into a whole other mode... :cyclops:
I would more have love to have designed things like SM, Cinderella Castle, etc. ... !!!!!!!
:hilarious:

wdwfan4ver

I cannot believe that. How stupid can people be?
You don't want to know considering the social media challenges out there in the past such as the laundry detergent eating challenge:facepalm:. The latest social media challenge is the Paintball challenge. At least that challenge didn't happen in the neighborhood I live in.

I don't want to go into the painball challenge outside of saying that social media challenge has caused problems in some neighborhoods in the city I live such as mail carriers suffering eye injuries and property damage.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom