Bob Chapek Confirms Disney Will Overhaul Epcot

Stevek

So apparently the "site that shall not be named" is stating that Epcot will now be getting a new hotel at it's entrance...literally across the front entrance area. WTH? Ugh.

Stevek

Actually it thankfully says the site is unspecified. Insiders here have said it will probably be behind the Seas in the bus parking area.
My bad reading from my phone. Looks like they were suggesting 2 sites, the one you named and one at the entrance. The former is a bit more acceptable. I can't (ok, I kinda can) imagine them putting one at the front entrance.

Tom P.

My bad reading from my phone. Looks like they were suggesting 2 sites, the one you named and one at the entrance. The former is a bit more acceptable. I can't (ok, I kinda can) imagine them putting one at the front entrance.
There's a reason that's the site that shall not be named.

His clickbait headline clearly says, "Work to Begin Soon on New Future World Hotel at the Entrance of Epcot." No ambiguity. But then, the last paragraph of the article says, "While we’re still not sure exactly where the hotel will sit..."

montyz81

His clickbait headline clearly says, "Work to Begin Soon on New Future World Hotel at the Entrance of Epcot." No ambiguity. But then, the last paragraph of the article says, "While we’re still not sure exactly where the hotel will sit..."
That STOL Port site is getting pretty close, could that be big enough for a Hotel? I know it is not the bus parking lot, but still, it is close. They could connect to it with a Gondola system.

danheaton

I did not click on the story from the site that won't be named (they don't need my help), but I also hope it's on the side and not at the entrance. It seems like a cool idea to have a hotel on site (though it will be SO pricey), but I don't want it blocking the views of SSE.

Kman101

Yep. He's called "Clickbait Corless" for a reason. He knows what he does and he keeps doing it and then acts offended when called out. He just wants to be first he doesn't care if he's ultimately right. If he's ultimately proven right then he can check it off as a victory. Is he still touting his D23 "victories"? lol

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
What's the problem with a hotel at the front gate of Epcot? I think it's a great idea. Surely it will be located somewhere on the monorail line...

It wouldn't be like the Contemporary down the line from the front gate, it would be the front gate the people go through/under. The problem with that is that all the buildings in FW were built to be seen upon entrance to the park and this will kill that sightline.

The only thing that could possible save it is if its architecture was more grand than SSE. But seeing the towers that WDW has been throwing up... not likely.

Last edited:

trainplane3

It wouldn't be like the Contemporary down the line from the front gate, it would be the front gate the people go through/under. The problem with that is that all the buildings in FW were build to be seen upon entrance to the park and this will kill that sightline.

The only that that could possible save it is if its architecture was more grand than SSE. But seeing the towers that WDW has been throwing up... not likely.
To add, look at BLT and Contemporary. BLT looks decent but it doesn't fit at all with the Contemporary right next to it. BLT completely overpowers the Contemporary.

Kman101

It wouldn't be like the Contemporary down the line from the front gate, it would be the front gate the people go through/under. The problem with that is that all the buildings in FW were build to be seen upon entrance to the park and this will kill that sightline.

The only that that could possible save it is if its architecture was more grand than SSE. But seeing the towers that WDW has been throwing up... not likely.

If it benefitted the area, I'd be open to it at the front entrace (I know that's gasp inducing for some but I think it would be doable if they put true care into it; not that I necessarily want it). I just don't see how it could or that they'd care if it would. Like you said, towers towers towers everywhere ... lol

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom