Toy Story Land expansion announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

britain

I just watched this:

I think it looks fun and even (dare I say) charming. I love the plastic 'stone work' on the side of the RC building. I bet at night it will really have the "teenagers having fun bouncing from kiddy ride to kiddy ride" Fantasyland mojo that DL has in spades but seems to be missing from SDL.

Hopefully DHS will benefit similarly.

Princess Leia

Goofyernmost

Bringing the number of rides down to 3 for an entire week... in the summer...

Seriously, what was Disney thinking when they decided to put M&M into GMR instead of a separate area? Sure, you can still go see the shows, but this is pitiful. Luckily, it’s only a week.
One more then they had when the park opened. How quickly we forget!

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
At DHS right now, they gotta do what they gotta do. Anything closing right now even for a short period is gonna suck. But that is the situation they are in right now. No choice. Really, a bit of relief will only come once stars wars and mickey open.

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
Looks like Disney is planning for this:

"Soon guests will be able to participate in Disney-Pixar's Build-a-Land Workshop! Help create the magic of Walt Disney World's latest expansion by learning how to pour concrete, nail two-by-fours together and paint the world's largest fence! Disney PhotoPass® photographers will be on hand to capture all the memories. Stay tuned for more details!"

;)

Includes: Limited Edition Mouse Ear Hard Hats!

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
And an exponential increase in ticket prices that has far, far outstripped inflation. A lot less bang for your buck!

Since I’m feeling grumpy, does anyone else think Saucers is the least visually interesting version of that flat ride Disney has yet built?

Shanghai’s woody version is worse.

Goofyernmost

Except for, you know, that massive multi-hour must-see Studio Tour that was the primary reason for people visiting.
Yes, but, the primary complaint is the lack of rides not lack of shows. I loved the tour and took it every time I went until it was gone, but, there are other things to do and see besides rides and the absence of one more, especially for the reason that it will be out for a w h o l e week should have people more then willing to put up with it. If they can't then it would be a fool that would go to DHS during that week. I'm sure Disney will survive because the only thing that is going to happen is that those people will just use up their ticket going to another park. Disney has nothing to lose and the Guest can make their own decisions about whether being there is worth a days admission or not. This ain't rocket science.

yensidtlaw1969

Yes, but, the primary complaint is the lack of rides not lack of shows. I loved the tour and took it every time I went until it was gone, but, there are other things to do and see besides rides and the absence of one more, especially for the reason that it will be out for a w h o l e week should have people more then willing to put up with it. If they can't then it would be a fool that would go to DHS during that week. I'm sure Disney will survive because the only thing that is going to happen is that those people will just use up their ticket going to another park. Disney has nothing to lose and the Guest can make their own decisions about whether being there is worth a days admission or not. This ain't rocket science.
The number of things DHS has to do at the moment is r e p r e h e n s i b l y low. It's not even worth the counterpoint. That we've arrived at this point in 2018 is beyond . . . well, it's just beyond. Whoever let the park wilt its way to this anemic state should be fired.

That taking down one attraction, even if only for a week, can bring the 29 year old park formally known as the Disney MGM Studios down to a level below that of early days DCA and Disney Studios Paris is totally unprecidented and completely despicable.

Galaxy's Edge and Runaway Railway can't come soon enough.

HMF

The number of things DHS has to do at the moment is r e p r e h e n s i b l y low. It's not even worth the counterpoint. That we've arrived at this point in 2018 is beyond . . . well, it's just beyond. Whoever let the park wilt its way to this anemic state should be fired.

That taking down one attraction, even if only for a week, can bring the 29 year old park formally known as the Disney MGM Studios down to a level below that of early days DCA and Disney Studios Paris is totally unprecidented and completely despicable.

Galaxy's Edge and Runaway Railway can't come soon enough.
Imagine if Runaway Railway was being built elsewhere and we still had GMR.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom