News Tickets with Pre Selected Fast Passes

Tom P.

Because this is the openin act... not the closing one
I should have known this was where this argument was going. First, Disney does something that harms absolutely no one. Then, people get on here and scream the sky is falling. Following that, those people are confronted with the actual facts showing that no such thing as happening. So immediately the argument shifts to, "yeah, sure, but I just know what those greedy SOB's have up their sleeves next!" Rinse and repeat ad nauseum.

Whatever folks find entertaining, I suppose.

flynnibus

Premium Member
I should have known this was where this argument was going. First, Disney does something that harms absolutely no one. Then, people get on here and scream the sky is falling. Following that, those people are confronted with the actual facts showing that no such thing as happening. So immediately the argument shifts to, "yeah, sure, but I just know what those greedy SOB's have up their sleeves next!" Rinse and repeat ad nauseum.

Feel free to come back after the new lands open and tell me i was wrong

jakeman

I like to call it getting pre-mad.

VaderTron

Disney can't help people who don't plan ahead if they don't plan ahead. They can't go door do door throughout the world and ask if they're planning a WDW vacation and if they know how FP works.

People buying tickets the day before haven't planned ahead. There's nothing Disney can do about that.

If these non-planners know about the rides of WDW and fastpasses, they can say 'no' to one of the FP packages being offered (and not forced on them) if they think they can do better.

If these non-planners know nothing about FPs, this is where a ticket agent can explain it to them so as to get an answer from them whether or not they want one of the packages. If this wasn't being offered, then these people would be entering the park with no FPs and no idea how to use them.

I do not feel you are using a fair comparison. Could you please answer these questions directly...please...just for the fun of it?

1. Does the description of Fastpass+ on the website say it's FREE? (Free is not the same as saying included. The wording was carefully chosen by marketing for a reason. They chose to use the word FREE in all caps for the dining plan special offer. Why? That word draws a person's eye and makes them feel special like they are getting something extra for nothing. The reason they use it for free dining is because they want to divert your attention away from the fact that you are locked in to spending a specific amount of money on food even though many do not get their money's worth out of it and also pay full price for a room. Therefore, if they intentionally use it to fool people into getting FREE dining, are you going to assume that when they DON'T use the word free it's just by accident?)
2. On the Disney website do they funnel the guests who have just purchased tickets to the Fastpass portion of the website saying "Now that you have booked your tickets let's get you set up with our FREE fastpasses!"?
3. Does the fastpass system inform guests of the level of popularity for the individual rides so the guest can make an educated decision on which fastpasses to book?
4. Do they offer a kiosk next to the ticket booth for day-of ticket purchasers to help guests book their fastpasses after purchasing tickets?
5. Do you find it to be just coincidence that there are ZERO E-ticket rides offered to guests with this new package?

None of these things are difficult to do. All of them embody the spirit of what the "Disney Experience" is supposed to be like, making it a "magical" experience for everyone. As others have pointed out, this is just a subtle step in rolling out the next Fastpass+ incarnation. The ones offered here will be the standard Fastpass+ which is free. Then all of the E-ticket rides that are not offered will be offered as an add-on price. Don't want to make the tea cups or dumbo or pirates your Fastpass selections? Ok, you can ride Space Mnt, Splash Mnt, and Thunder Mnt for an additional $10. Everyone will be like, "TEN DOLLARS! SWEET! I'LL DO THAT!" And yet another bit of the magic will poof into the ether.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
I do not feel you are using a fair comparison. Could you please answer these questions directly...please...just for the fun of it?

1. Does the description of Fastpass+ on the website say it's FREE? (Free is not the same as saying included. The wording was carefully chosen by marketing for a reason. They chose to use the word FREE in all caps for the dining plan special offer. Why? That word draws a person's eye and makes them feel special like they are getting something extra for nothing. The reason they use it for free dining is because they want to divert your attention away from the fact that you are locked in to spending a specific amount of money on food even though many do not get their money's worth out of it and also pay full price for a room. Therefore, if they intentionally use it to fool people into getting FREE dining, are you going to assume that when they DON'T use the word free it's just by accident?)
2. On the Disney website do they funnel the guests who have just purchased tickets to the Fastpass portion of the website saying "Now that you have booked your tickets let's get you set up with our FREE fastpasses!"?
3. Does the fastpass system inform guests of the level of popularity for the individual rides so the guest can make an educated decision on which fastpasses to book?
4. Do they offer a kiosk next to the ticket booth for day-of ticket purchasers to help guests book their fastpasses after purchasing tickets?
5. Do you find it to be just coincidence that there are ZERO E-ticket rides offered to guests with this new package?

None of these things are difficult to do. All of them embody the spirit of what the "Disney Experience" is supposed to be like, making it a "magical" experience for everyone. As others have pointed out, this is just a subtle step in rolling out the next Fastpass+ incarnation. The ones offered here will be the standard Fastpass+ which is free. Then all of the E-ticket rides that are not offered will be offered as an add-on price. Don't want to make the tea cups or dumbo or pirates your Fastpass selections? Ok, you can ride Space Mnt, Splash Mnt, and Thunder Mnt for an additional $10. Everyone will be like, "TEN DOLLARS! SWEET! I'LL DO THAT!" And yet another bit of the magic will poof into the ether.

Since you asked.....

Screenshot_20180508-171942.png

jakeman

Boy you are super hung up on the word "free".

I'd hate to see you at the salsa bar at a Moes where it says "included with your meal" and not "free". I'd imagine you just tremble in rage refusing to scoop tomatillo salsa on your nachos because of a fear of future repercussions.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

1. Does the description of Fastpass+ on the website say it's FREE? (Free is not the same as saying included.

Yes. In the context of paying to get in, "included" means free in the sense of "no extra price." So, your questions aren't "fair". Words have meaning in context and the context is clear except to someone who has doubled down on argument that they've been proven to have false assumptions but is now twisting language hoping to save face.

Face is not saved. What was the word you used before? Oh yeah...

Shame.

VaderTron

Reputation, or "saving face" is inconsequential. I couldn't care less what you think of me. The point was not drawing attention to myself, or you, or anyone. I didn't expect that to be the focus at all. The point was and still is, this is was discussed at a marketing meeting, it was carefully crafted,
it was voted on, the first phase has now been rolled out. The expectation was for most everyone to either not care or see this as a nice gesture. In reality it only helps Disney and builds the foundation for further monetary schemes. This is not a "look at me and what I'm saying" post. This is a "please look below the surface and see what's really going on" post.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Reputation, or "saving face" is inconsequential. I couldn't care less what you think of me. The point was not drawing attention to myself, or you, or anyone. I didn't expect that to be the focus at all. The point was and still is, this is was discussed at a marketing meeting, it was carefully crafted,
it was voted on, the first phase has now been rolled out. The expectation was for most everyone to either not care or see this as a nice gesture. In reality it only helps Disney and builds the foundation for further monetary schemes. This is not a "look at me and what I'm saying" post. This is a "please look below the surface and see what's really going on" post.

Something sinister is happening... it's right there behind that freebie!!

flynnibus

Premium Member

1. Does the description of Fastpass+ on the website say it's FREE? (Free is not the same as saying included. The wording was carefully chosen by marketing for a reason. They chose to use the word FREE in all caps for the dining plan special offer. Why? That word draws a person's eye and makes them feel special like they are getting something extra for nothing

Uhh.. maybe because the special offer is they are FREE vs the normal PAID packages. This is not a fair comparison at all. FP is 'always' free today.. so there is no need to add this distinction. They don't make a point about emphasizing the FREE on bus transportation either.

The rest of your post is predicated on this weak foundation.

Casper Gutman

Just a quick note: as we all know, if you stay on property, you get an extra month to book fastpass. In effect, that’s a paid fastpass- pay the exorbitant hotel rate and get access to the most desirable passes, ones that are often unavailable to the rank and file.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Just a quick note: as we all know, if you stay on property, you get an extra month to book fastpass. In effect, that’s a paid fastpass- pay the exorbitant hotel rate and get access to the most desirable passes, ones that are often unavailable to the rank and file.

Now you're criticizing one of the perks resort guests are given? Perks provided to guests staying on site:

1. Free parking at hotel and parks
2. Complementary transportation to parks and Disney Springs
3. Free Extra Magic Hours
4. 60 window for booking FP+ the entire length of your stay
5. 180 window for booking ADRs entire length of your stay

#1 - gone unless you are DVC staying on points or cash at DVC resort
#3 - free EMH reduced, now you have to pay for some days

So that leaves #2, #5 and #6. And anyone can ride the buses, boats and monorail, so that's not really a perk solely for resort guests. So that really leaves just #5 and #6.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom