News Disney offers to pay union members at least $15 by 2021

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
This is going to result in a rapid acceleration in automation investment. Look for every Disney QS dining location to be mobile phone or touch-screen based ordering by 2021.

A common refrain with no basis in reality. Disney is already automating those jobs. If they could do it any faster, they would. It has nothing to do with a fractional increase in CM pay. The pushback is on the guest end, and with efficiency.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
A common refrain with no basis in reality. Disney is already automating those jobs. If they could do it any faster, they would. It has nothing to do with a fractional increase in CM pay. The pushback is on the guest end, and with efficiency.

That’s because that opinion is reflective of watching/forming their world view from a low rate squawbox show on “cable news”

It was never true...it never will be...higher wages put more money into the economy...including to the business and owners...in order to sell, you have to have someone to buy...

It’s pretty common sense.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
You get so many times that you can call in “sick” and not get a point that goes on your record card for it.

You don’t show up, you don’t get penalized, they don’t pay you. At least that’s how it used to be framed.

That’s a pretty standard thing there...it’s not that bad of a concept

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Wrong again. There is a baseline increase but you can get more or less based on performance. For example, the baseline in a given year might be 3% but top employees might get 4% and weak employees might get 2% (I have no idea what the actual ranges are). If managers or departments are giving flat increases to their entire departments, then they're being negligent in their responsibilities and they're ignoring policy.

Have you or do you work for Disney??

Because you sure act like your leading the army the first time you’re in uniform...Seems a lot of generalizations about what you’re Econ/poly sci professor told you...when all you have to do is ask someone what it’s like to get a foothold on the situation

CaptainAmerica

Have you or do you work for Disney??

Because you sure act like your leading the army the first time you’re in uniform...Seems a lot of generalizations about what you’re Econ/poly sci professor told you...when all you have to do is ask someone what it’s like to get a foothold on the situation
My wife worked at Fort Wilderness and Animal Kingdom from 2011 to 2014. She didn't join the union. We left Orlando four years ago but maintain close friendships with current cast members in Animal Programs, Guest Relations, Resort Merchandise, Finance, Deployment, etc.

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
$15/hr in 2021 will be like minimum wage in relation to inflation. What a joke. The U.S. is seriously screwing with wage workers, costs go up, wages stay the same.
Hey it’s better than I make and have worked for my company for 17 years! Love my job and have great benefits, but make several dollars less than $15/hr. Started at right around $6ish when I first started which was OVER minimum wage in 2001. But yeah if it weren’t for my hubby I couldn’t live on my own by any means. Lol ;)

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
@CaptainAmerica

So like college program and holdovers? No advancement?

I’m trying to grasp your angry pathos here...

You seem unusually angry about the concept of pay to those that run Godzilla.

But to be fair: that’s common. Not a unique stance.

tissandtully

Hey it’s better than I make and have worked for my company for 17 years! Love my job and have great benefits, but make several dollars less than $15/hr. Started at right around $6ish when I first started which was OVER minimum wage in 2001. But yeah if it weren’t for my hubby I couldn’t live on my own by any means. Lol ;)
Your last sentence pretty much sums it up.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom