Pandoran problems 4.25.18

BrianLo

Honestly - Why is this a 370 reply thread? I went to Walt Disney Studios a few years back and Ratatouille was down for unscheduled maintenance for the duration because the floor repaint wouldn’t dry fast enough. I was disappointed, but moved on.

Same thing occurred at Shanghai with Roaring Rapids. Both rides in their first year of operations and yes, that’s in part what I was there to see.

These things happen. Only at WDW does it get THIS sort of attention and whining...

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
Honestly - Why is this a 370 reply thread? I went to Walt Disney Studios a few years back and Ratatouille was down for unscheduled maintenance for the duration because the floor repaint wouldn’t dry fast enough. I was disappointed, but moved on.

Same thing occurred at Shanghai with Roaring Rapids. Both rides in their first year of operations and yes, that’s in part what I was there to see.

These things happen. Only at WDW does it get THIS sort of attention and whining...
I think it’s because both rides were down. The only two rides in the land. The only two rides built in the last decade in that park. Also it was somewhat mysterious the reason for the closure. Also, is there a bustling forum for Shanghai or Paris? Where this type of discussion might take place?

Also, there were some people who extended the thread by going on and on about how guests going to guest services were low life’s looking for handouts.

BrianLo

I think it’s because both rides were down. The only two rides in the land. The only two rides built in the last decade in that park. Also it was somewhat mysterious the reason for the closure. Also, is there a bustling forum for Shanghai or Paris? Where this type of discussion might take place?

Also, there were some people who extended the thread by going on and on about how guests going to guest services were low life’s looking for handouts.

At least AK is a viable Park! WDS at baseline...

I find this thread sums up a lot of WDW guest and fan problems quite accurately. The reason they don’t take care of the place: because guests and fans partially don’t want them to if it could affect them.

It’s almost impossible to visit Tokyo with all the rides running. Just imagine if WDW had a real crisis and closed the resort for a month.

AEfx

I still disagree and my logic isn't flawed. While yes, no other theme park operates like this, WDW in essence is unlike any other theme park in the world due to the staggering crowds coming from all parts of the globe.

Yup, which is why it is so odd that you declare that you can do WDW "like any other park in the world" and refuse to acknowledge how Disney has done everything in their power to convey, and continue to escalate, the message that everything must be planned in advance or you will "miss out". The point is, sure, you COULD not do it, but you would be at an ever increasingly severe disadvantage.

You may say that you don't need to - but that isn't what Disney is saying, *or* advertising.

FP+ has it's advantages and disadvantages but like I said it's still your choice to use them though.

Tone deaf...not even close. It's realistic and you don't agree. Move on then.

No, it isn't realistic - not if you want to have that Disney experience they advertise.

Last edited:

danlb_2000

Premium Member
It’s NOT speculation that WDI shed its industrial division and thats who those machinists worked for.

Note on this very thread disney is now groveling for electronic technicians who are a heck of a lot more prevalent than CNC programmers and cheaper too. And who SpaceX and NASA and Defense contractors pay a heck of a lot more for techs than Disney.

Its business 101 to get rid of expensive personnel who are not necessary to day to day operations.

If they dont have techs its not a stretch to conclude CNC programmers are also an endangered species if not extinct.

Since when is posting a job opening considered groveling?

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
You're right of course. That should be the offered remedy. Let people hop to a working park for free. Wish they would do that.

that's a good idea... however if your 3 fastpasses are at the park you are moving away FROM... then this will likely mess up those plans. I could see a PH and maybe a FP or 2....but honestly people shouldn't just always expect Disney to give away things because of something that happens out of their control

Lets Respect

If the only reason you paid $500 for those tickets was for 2 rides in a park, I'd say you should probably be more concerned about your spending habits.

Of course one would want to see the whole park but the motivating factor that pushes you to buy the tickets could be to experience the new rides.

I mean, people plan whole trips to WDW or Universal to see new stuff right? I hear it all the time "I'm not going back until X is open"

Incomudro

Of course one would want to see the whole park but the motivating factor that pushes you to buy the tickets could be to experience the new rides.

I mean, people plan whole trips to WDW or Universal to see new stuff right? I hear it all the time "I'm not going back until X is open"

Exactly.
That was and certainly is the case for Potter at Uni.
It's certainly going to be the case for Star Wars.
While, I don't believe Avatar has nearly as many fans personally geared towards the film - some portion of vacationers certainly gear their vacation towards visiting Pandora.

Jonathan Wang

Disney/Monorail Nut
Both attractions were down at opening today. @krisri18 was there at rope drop and reported it on her trip report.

Have both attractions ever gone down for the entire day before?
I was one of the first 50 people there before EMH hotel guests, and I dont remember a failure of the rides that day. I will say it was a dick move to not allow the people who got there stupid early to get into the area, instead of letting all of EMH guests go in. That was STUPID. They shouldnt do early EMH at a park that is about to open a new section, or if they do, make it consistent because toy story isnt getting the EMH for their opening.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
I was one of the first 50 people there before EMH hotel guests, and I dont remember a failure of the rides that day. I will say it was a **** move to not allow the people who got there stupid early to get into the area, instead of letting all of EMH guests go in. That was STUPID. They shouldnt do early EMH at a park that is about to open a new section, or if they do, make it consistent because toy story isnt getting the EMH for their opening.
Maybe they learned that lesson from AK...

Jonathan Wang

Disney/Monorail Nut
Maybe they learned that lesson from AK...
I'm not so sure they did tbh, because they are doing EMH the days right after. I think they recently started to standardize the days on which parks get the EMH hence AK getting EMH on a saturday again. I could be wrong tho. Lets be fair, if starwars hotel opened the same day as star wars land(which it wont) you better believe a perk of that would be EMH.

edit for previous post about AK: also luckily i ended up getting in with the EMH ppl haha :D

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
I was one of the first 50 people there before EMH hotel guests, and I dont remember a failure of the rides that day. I will say it was a **** move to not allow the people who got there stupid early to get into the area, instead of letting all of EMH guests go in. That was STUPID. They shouldnt do early EMH at a park that is about to open a new section, or if they do, make it consistent because toy story isnt getting the EMH for their opening.
Were you there for an ADR? Did you ride either attraction that morning or see people queuing up for them?

Biff215

that's a good idea... however if your 3 fastpasses are at the park you are moving away FROM... then this will likely mess up those plans. I could see a PH and maybe a FP or 2....but honestly people shouldn't just always expect Disney to give away things because of something that happens out of their control
Sure things happen that are difficult to control, but unless it's weather or some outside issue, I wouldn't consider this "out of their control". If it's fire alarms, overheating, or something else in that ride building, Disney should take responsibility and make things right as much as possible. Guests with FP and non-hopper tickets shouldn't be expected to just deal with it IMO. DAK is a great park but its value is diminished with an entire land basically closed.

GlacierGlacier

everything Is fine... except for the lines of course
Not quite. Practically (not the posted wait time, the actual "I am in the queue with a stopwatch") times are sitting between an hour and two. I experienced 66 mins on a posted 140 on FoP. NRJ sits at a 90 to 110 min standby, but I haven't timed it practically due to the fact that I don't really care enough about that ride.

Of course, this all goes out the window with partial shutdowns. A 180 went to 460 on FoP once it went down to one theater.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom