Rumor New Monorails Coming Soon?

montyz81

Has anyone confirmed if this rumor is true? Sorry, I’ve been here at The World on vacation and haven’t been paying attention.

P_Radden

Has anyone confirmed if this rumor is true?
From the article: "Disney Legend Bob Gurr seemingly confirmed that new monorails are coming to Walt Disney World. Gurr was at a panel discussing Walt Disney’s journey from the 1964 World’s Fair to the ambitious Epcot project when he was asked about the long-standing rumors of new monorails for Walt Disney World. His answer was extremely candid, calling the current Mark VI monorail the “duct tape monorail”. He notes that they are past their originally intended end-of-life date and goes on to say that contracts are out with Bombardier and that we’ll see new monorails in the coming years."

:D

Bigart

From the article: "Disney Legend Bob Gurr seemingly confirmed that new monorails are coming to Walt Disney World. Gurr was at a panel discussing Walt Disney’s journey from the 1964 World’s Fair to the ambitious Epcot project when he was asked about the long-standing rumors of new monorails for Walt Disney World. His answer was extremely candid, calling the current Mark VI monorail the “duct tape monorail”. He notes that they are past their originally intended end-of-life date and goes on to say that contracts are out with Bombardier and that we’ll see new monorails in the coming years."

That was me in the video asking him the question (black shirt and glasses). The entire video of the April 28 Bob Gurr event is online to view, including my question and his answer at 2:12:25

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

Unfortunately, BlogMickey misquoted him. Contracts are *underway*. Not "out." So, not finalized yet.

Funny, I never thought to use the French pronunciation of "bombardier" (bomb BARD dee ay), in my head it was the Anglicized (bomb ah DEER).

Cesar R M

Unfortunately, BlogMickey misquoted him. Contracts are *underway*. Not "out." So, not finalized yet.

Funny, I never thought to use the French pronunciation of "bombardier" (bomb BARD dee ay), in my head it was the Anglicized (bomb ah DEER).
I wonder, when they talk about contracts under way.. they mean the legal aspect? or they are looking into designs still?

djkidkaz

I know Bob Gurr was the Disney monorail guy but would he still even be privy to this kind of information in his current ambassador role with the company?

Bigart

I know Bob Gurr was the Disney monorail guy but would he still even be privy to this kind of information in his current ambassador role with the company?

Bob is still very involved with various people from the company past and present, and is very clued in on things that are currently going on at the parks. He guest speaks at a lot of these type of events, and I see him at the parks a few times a year with a small entourage of managers, and he always seems to show up at many of the D23 events. Here we are at tonight's event.
IMG_3402.JPG

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom