Rumor New Monorails Coming Soon?

JUFL2019

Correct. Nobody is going to use that route because that is how inconvenient Disney has made it. That was the point, how inconvienent that route is, even with a heavy investment with new (if) monorail trains and gondola. Seems grossly inefficient to me.

I am just suggesting that if all cost associated with busses, infrastructure, boats, monorail updates, gondolas, and vans all went to simply updating the monorail, getting around would be easier.

Apparently adding buses is the classy solution.

Disney didn't create that route, you did. Disney's route is called taking a bus from MK to DHS. Your route is called trying to come up with something to be mad at Disney about in order to match your own narrative.

msg7

Was Bombardier marketing the Mark VI before Disney purchased them or did Disney design them themselves?

deeevo

A large purchase like this will not happen over night. If this is decision was made months ago I would assume engineering has been involve with Bombardier on design, cost and schedule ect.... I would not expect a contract to be signed soon as the T&C's take forever to work out. If the decision was just made to make the purchase then it could be 10 months before Bombardier starts production.

lazyboy97o

100% Which means it won't be Innovia 300's. I just hope, whatever the model, that they have the open and connected interior.
The 300s are the connected interior. Doing that on the Walt Disney World beamway would mean engineering an all new variation of the 300.

Castle Cake Apologist

We know you can take a bus, and other alternatives. Just like when I am in DC, I can take a taxi, Uber, or bus there too, but prefer the metro.

The point was the monorail fleet should have been updated and expanded years ago, which could have reduced the need for: Magic Kingdom expanded bus loops, additional ferry docks, enhanced traffic infrastructure, Mini Vans, Gondolas, Animal Kingdom location complaints, to name a few.

Updating the train now does not make it any easier to get from one place to the other. How is that not clear?

...then I guess our point is that your post was full of needless hyperbole.

I'm in agreeance that the monorail line should have been expanded years ago, but please don't act like you have to give up one of your kidneys to get from park to park. Wild exaggeration doesn't exactly further your very valid argument, it just distracts from it.

Goofyernmost

Have you experienced the monorails over the past year? I didn't make it sound like a door was flying open every 2 seconds... but once is bad enough imo. I mean lets be honest here... modern equipment should have sensors to detect that. It has a lot of other issues as well I didn't specify. It is time to upgrade, change the design, or something.
I agree they should have sensors and are we sure they didn't? There are also phones in those cabins and I'm sure that someone used them to report it and explained that it was just open a small amount and the decision was made to proceed to the station instead of stranding all those people on the rail until someone could get to them. As with everything like that all we get are parts of the story. Also, that same thing could happen to brand new equipment. There is no absolute guarantee with any piece of mechanical equipment that something won't break at the worst possible moment.

Castle Cake Apologist

Correct. Nobody is going to use that route because that is how inconvenient Disney has made it. That was the point, how inconvienent that route is, even with a heavy investment with new (if) monorail trains and gondola. Seems grossly inefficient to me.

But, they haven't. You just completely made something up as an example of something that doesn't exist.

How is getting on a bus and going directly from one park to another any less efficient than getting on a monorail and doing the exact same thing?

The scenario you made up doesn't exist, so it literally has nothing to do with anything.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Say what you want about Tom and the Voldemort of Disney sites, but he is not clickbait and can be counted on to be at least as reliable as other insiders. If he is posting it, there is likely some smoke leading to that fire.

Nope.

Unless you keep track of his misses along with his hits, then you really don't have a clear idea of how wrong he is. E.g., he said that the Speedway was going away to make room for TRON Cycle (and when it didn't come to be, he refused to admit he was wrong). He posted a 'leaked' image of the FoP vehicle, which had a prosthetic head and wings, which, of course, the cycles don't have. He reported three different times that Stitch was closed for good for ever (and he refused to acknowledge one of those times he did so).

All this would be mitigated if he labeled these things as "RUMOR:". But he doesn't. True to the nickname 'clickbait,' he titles them "BREAKING!".

Tom P.

But, they haven't. You just completely made something up as an example of something that doesn't exist.

How is getting on a bus and going directly from one park to another any less efficient than getting on a monorail and doing the exact same thing?

The scenario you made up doesn't exist, so it literally has nothing to do with anything.
Agreed. It is not a matter of there not being convenient transportation to get from park to park. It is just that the transportation they have provided is not anything special and unique and "Disney" like the monorail is. It is well past time that they expanded the monorail line to include the other two parks, but I am not holding my breath.

Disone

I thought we had this talk before where the 300's were too wide for our tracks? I'm assuming we would run a heavily modified version.

The also still make 200's, for really my guess is they will be 200's. The 300's not only use a wider track, but I think I read they are wider trains. And if they are even inch or two taller the contemporary station would not be able to handle it. And I am not talking just the entry points. The resort beam side is under the sixth floor room corridor with very little room spare.

monorail contemporary.jpg

Jonathan Wang

Disney/Monorail Nut
100% Which means it won't be Innovia 300's. I just hope, whatever the model, that they have the open and connected interior.
the only reason i dont think this would happen is due to the motors... dont we have motors blocking sections due to them behind behind the "driver". and with space constraints that Disney has with the track and hotels they cant exactly make the trains larger to allow for the motors to be placed elsewhere. correct me if im wrong tho.

i also think it will be 200's, 200's also arent as new, so less "problematic" when bringing them in i would say.

really curious if they would opt for sliding doors tho.

Bender123

Nope.

Unless you keep track of his misses along with his hits, then you really don't have a clear idea of how wrong he is. E.g., he said that the Speedway was going away to make room for TRON Cycle (and when it didn't come to be, he refused to admit he was wrong). He posted a 'leaked' image of the FoP vehicle, which had a prosthetic head and wings, which, of course, the cycles don't have. He reported three different times that Stitch was closed for good for ever (and he refused to acknowledge one of those times he did so).

All this would be mitigated if he labeled these things as "RUMOR:". But he doesn't. True to the nickname 'clickbait,' he titles them "BREAKING!".

There are plenty of times things change or are wrong...even our own insiders get it wrong, based on rapidly changing priorities in a huge company or other reasons.

The idea its a 100% sure thing isn't what is meant here (we have the joke about the ladder for a reason), what it means is that there is a legitimate reason to think this is a possibility with an increased chance of likelihood, over a rumor made up by a bus driver.

Last edited:

NelsonRD

Disney didn't create that route, you did. Disney's route is called taking a bus from MK to DHS. Your route is called trying to come up with something to be mad at Disney about in order to match your own narrative.

Like I said, I am not mad. With a family of 4, (5 and 8 year olds) cramming on busses multiple times a day with a stroller for multiple days is not as comfortable as the monorail. It seems there are better solutions than disjointed transport.

deeevo

Like I said, I am not mad. With a family of 4, (5 and 8 year olds) cramming on busses multiple times a day with a stroller for multiple days is not as comfortable as the monorail. It seems there are better solutions than disjointed transport.
When my girls turned 5 the stroller no longer went to Disney. The deal was if you want to hit the parks your walking. Life is so much easier.

NelsonRD

It does exist. You have admit that Disney transport is a mess. I take the monorail, busses, and will take the Gondola when it applies. However, overall I prefer a transport solution that address everything, not band aids, and stop gaps, that are going to cost more in the long run.

Jonathan Wang

Disney/Monorail Nut
They

There are plenty of times things change or are wrong...even our own insiders get it wrong, based on rapidly changing priorities in a huge company or other reasons.

The idea its a 100% sure thing isn't what is meant here (we have the joke about the ladder for a reason), what it means is that there is a legitimate reason to think this is a possibility with an increased chance of likelihood, over a rumor made up by a bus driver.
they? sorry just saw you quoted me and wrote they? trying to find the context

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom