Rumor New Monorails Coming Soon?

Disone

Wouldn’t the theater money be completely separate from monorails? Operations would be paying for things like a theater while transportation would be funding monorails. Yes? No?

No. New attractions are not paid for from operations. The MK VP did not decide to spend money on a new Tron Coaster and to cancel the funds for the new theater. Those kind of expenses are done on a higher level and are capital expenses. Once they are built the are turned over to the MK VP and "Operations" to be run. At that time Operations takes over the cost of running the attraction. New Monorails would work the same way, they would be a Corporate level capital expense. So in this case YES, the corporate level capital expense of the new theater could have been cancelled in favor of redirecting those funds to the monorail, or any other project or NO other project at all.

Last edited:

Jonathan Wang

Disney/Monorail Nut
MCO's decision was a huge mistake. Look at all the problems they're having with the new trams now... Bombardier is clearly the superior company in monorail and APM transport....
no one is doubting that, but i dont remember the new APM for the newest terminal having issues your referring to? it just recently opened. unless your referring to the other ones in the main terminals.

msg7

I'll try to use my amateur photoshop skills to generate a design of what they might possibly look like....

JUFL2019

MCO's decision was a huge mistake. Look at all the problems they're having with the new trams now... Bombardier is clearly the superior company in monorail and APM transport....

Issues. There haven't really been any reported issues with the new APM's.

msg7

no one is doubting that, but i dont remember the new APM for the newest terminal having issues your referring to? it just recently opened. unless your referring to the other ones in the main terminals.
The one from the main terminal to 30-59. A few weeks after opening, they broke down, made thousands of people miss their flights and it was a mess at the airport.... They should have went with the CX-100s like gates 70-129... The APMs to the new terminal (garage) are a completely different system and i'm not so sure how they're doing....

NelsonRD

This seems like a personal issue, since you could take a bus straight to HS from MK. Or, if you're a glutton for at least some kind of punishment, ride the monorail resort loop to any of the resorts and take a bus from there.

We know you can take a bus, and other alternatives. Just like when I am in DC, I can take a taxi, Uber, or bus there too, but prefer the metro.
I'm gonna be honest; I have no idea what your point is.

The point was the monorail fleet should have been updated and expanded years ago, which could have reduced the need for: Magic Kingdom expanded bus loops, additional ferry docks, enhanced traffic infrastructure, Mini Vans, Gondolas, Animal Kingdom location complaints, to name a few.

Updating the train now does not make it any easier to get from one place to the other. How is that not clear?

JUFL2019

The one from the main terminal to 30-59. A few weeks after opening, they broke down, made thousands of people miss their flights and it was a mess at the airport.... They should have went with the CX-100s like gates 70-129... The APMs to the new terminal (garage) are a completely different system and i'm not so sure how they're doing....
I'm pretty sure the instance you are talking about was during the initial testing phase of the new APM when the older model was still in service on one side, and the new one not yet certified for use, had just started running on the other. The old model lost power and they were unable to restore service for quite awhile and unable to use the new train.

Jonathan Wang

Disney/Monorail Nut

Ah im specifically referring to the whole new APM system from south terminal C, if i'm not mistaken they tried to fit the main terminal trams into existing tracks/equipment as much as possible unlike the new line from terminal C, which is why that one hasnt "broke" yet.

So I'll deff attest to not knowing as much about the main terminal trams, I'll ask some of the contacts i know and see what i can dig up though.

msg7

"The problems now are with the single old tram on another set of tracks that are waiting to be retired."
Lol didn't catch that. All I remember is that there was a mess at the airport last year... Should have read the articles before I posted lol.... Sorry

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Could make it more comfortable, safer, decrease hours that they are down...

But not cheaper...

The monorail debate/issue is entirely about money. They don’t “love it” or consider it necessary enough to want to pay the costs.

You can’t look at this like a fan...there is no angle there.

Jonathan Wang

Disney/Monorail Nut
Lol didn't catch that. All I remember is that there was a mess at the airport last year... Should have read the articles before I posted lol.... Sorry
these are the new APM's from south https://orlandoairports.net/getting-around-mco/south-apm-station-garage-c/

It's okay. Yeah they have haven't had any issues. mechanically with the new APM's. They are, however, suing the manufacturer for delays in delivery.
yea.... the whole delays has been super annoying

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
But not cheaper...

The monorail debate/issue is entirely about money. They don’t “love it” or consider it necessary enough to want to pay the costs.

You can’t look at this like a fan...there is no angle there.

Just stating some basic benefits for guests if they invested in new trains. I have no opinion of whether Disney is going to do this or if it makes sense for them to do so.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom