Rumor New Monorails Coming Soon?

Jonathan Wang

Disney/Monorail Nut
Just stating some basic benefits for guests if they invested in new monorails. I have no opinion of whether Disney is going to do this or if it makes sense for them to do so.

when push comes to shove, like it has now, they will spend the money as needed. doors opening, and parts breaking off i think are more than enough for them to reconsider their initial thought of not doing it. The automation they added in has been less than successful

Jonathan Wang

Disney/Monorail Nut
Would it be possible to get a little more technical? (eg support towers settling, concrete deteriorating, etc)
i can prolly say the track going to epcot isnt as smooth as it once was, however i have no clue if thats what he is referring to.. the tracks honestly dont seem that bad for being as old as they are.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
i can prolly say the track going to epcot isnt as smooth as it once was, however i have no clue if thats what he is referring to.. the tracks honestly dont seem that bad for being as old as they are.
I would agree, but we as guests often only see them from 100' away while traveling at 50 mph. Things tend to get uglier when you have a closer look.

jakeman

Updating the train now does not make it any easier to get from one place to the other. How is that not clear?
I guess I got confused by the unnecessarily complex path you decided you were going to take from MK to DHS.

I forgot that this forum likes to make things up to be mad about, like convoluted transportation scenarios that no one would do.

jpeden

In the Parks
No
They were poured in tbe swamp 50 years ago and will have to be replaced eventually at a cost disney will NEVER pay for?

EPCOT line was poured on site to save money. The original two lines were poured off site and brought in - it is my understanding the Resort and Express lines are in much better condition because they weren’t poured in the FL weather.

Squishy

This has been in the talks for over 3 months, Haven't heard any news about a new fleet since then, It may happen or it may not 50/50

Jonathan Wang

Disney/Monorail Nut
EPCOT line was poured on site to save money. The original two lines were poured off site and brought in - it is my understanding the Resort and Express lines are in much better condition because they weren’t poured in the FL weather.
i mean you can tell just by looking at them honestly, you can see how "wavy" the epcot line is.

NelsonRD

I guess I got confused by the unnecessarily complex path you decided you were going to take from MK to DHS.

I forgot that this forum likes to make things up to be mad about, like convoluted transportation scenarios that no one would do.

Who is upset? I just said updating the monorail will not get me places quicker. The example was not convoluted path. It was an example of 2 disjointed expensive mass transit systems, and how a better solution could have been applied with some foresight, instead of spending millions to keep it even more disjointed.

JUFL2019

Who is upset? I just said updating the monorail will not get me places quicker. The example was not convoluted path. It was an example of 2 disjointed expensive mass transit systems, and how a better solution could have been applied with some foresight, instead of spending millions to keep it even more disjointed.

But your example is irrelevant because no one uses that path to get from point A to point B.

Jonathan Wang

Disney/Monorail Nut
the highways they have been building is deff gonna help with traffic, and they all seem pretty solid from what ive been noticing. where your right about disjointed transportation. riding a monorail is a novelty for disney guests. everyone is going to remember them going to disney. now given if they had expanded the monorails as originally planned LONG ago, the transportation would be much much better than it is now.

jakeman

Or you could just take the bus from MK to DHS...

IanDLBZF

Ok, catching everyone up to speed - this rumor was brought up by @Rteetz in January. It was originally thought that Siemens would be manufacturing new monorails for Disney, but that was not the case. Fast-forward to now, and here we are. Hearing rumors about new Monorail trains coming to WDW, most likely the Bombardier INNOVIA 300 series monorails. I'd wait until at least D23 Destination-D later this year before we hear anything solid.

I will say that the new monorail fleet will most likely be manufactured at Bombardier's Plant in Plattsburgh, NY and will then be shipped down to Florida.

For those of you who want to see a demonstration of this monorail in action.....

Disone

They were poured in tbe swamp 50 years ago and will have to be replaced eventually at a cost disney will NEVER pay for?

So was the MK, and it seems to be doing ok. My guess is the weight stress the beams and pillars are withstanding are fairly benign compared to that of most of the MK. I have not heard any real concerns about the the beam ways. The issue is very much the trains.

Jonathan Wang

Disney/Monorail Nut
Ok, catching everyone up to speed - this rumor was brought up by @Rteetz in January. It was originally thought that Siemens would be manufacturing new monorails for Disney, but that was not the case. Fast-forward to now, and here we are. Hearing rumors about new Monorail trains coming to WDW, most likely the Bombardier INNOVIA 300 series monorails. I'd wait until at least D23 Destination-D later this year before we hear anything solid.

I will say that the new monorail fleet will most likely be manufactured at Bombardier's Plant in Plattsburgh, NY and will then be shipped down to Florida.

For those of you who want to see a demonstration of this monorail in action.....

I thought we had this talk before where the 300's were too wide for our tracks? I'm assuming we would run a heavily modified version.

NelsonRD

But your example is irrelevant because no one uses that path to get from point A to point B.

Correct. Nobody is going to use that route because that is how inconvenient Disney has made it. That was the point, how inconvienent that route is, even with a heavy investment with new (if) monorail trains and gondola. Seems grossly inefficient to me.

I am just suggesting that if all cost associated with busses, infrastructure, boats, monorail updates, gondolas, and vans all went to simply updating the monorail, getting around would be easier.

Apparently adding buses is the classy solution.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom