Rumor New Monorails Coming Soon?

victoryyy

if anything I was thinking that they bring them out for the 50th anniversary as a surprise. Did they always announce monorail changes?

If Bombardier has anything to do with the monorails, WDW would be lucky to see them by the 60th anniversary. They have been sued by customers from all over the world for not delivering on their contracts. The city I live in is already a couple of years behind in getting light rail transit vehicles with no end in site. We piggied back on the Toronto contract that other posters already mentioned.

If the rumor is true I hope Disney puts some very stiff penalties for late deliveries in the contract language.

crxbrett

Are they also going to start charging to ride the monorail and or ferry? I think they could probably get away with charging for the monorail and not the ferry because they would have to provide at least 1 way for people to get to the MK for free.

One of the biggest selling points for the SSL deluxe resorts is the Monorail. I suspect if they started charging for that, it would not be a popular decision at all. Plus, if you charge for one type of transportation, then theoretically all other transportation should cost money as well. Ferries, launches, monorails and buses.

I will say, if the Monorail started charging for fares, I think you would see a huge surge of riders moving to the boats, launches and ferries. Not sure Disney would be able to handle that flow of people suddenly.

I think it's safe to say the Disney transportation on property that transports guests from the resorts and parks will remain free. At least I hope :D

ABQ

Where's that monorail conspiracy theorist that used to be on these boards? It's finally happening!, lol.
lol, not sure if it was new monorail's which were his obsession or more so this one slab of concrete that he obsessed over.

4-16-2018 10-44-53 AM.jpg

Bender123

LOL, true. But at the same time, no one's outright said "no" to this, technically.

Say what you want about Tom and the Voldemort of Disney sites, but he is not clickbait and can be counted on to be at least as reliable as other insiders. If he is posting it, there is likely some smoke leading to that fire. Based on the recent history of the monorails and their age now approaching a service life almost 50% longer than the next longest served Disney Monorail, its not out of line to guess that even WDW management is going to have to upgrade these trains sooner over later.

Jonathan Wang

Disney/Monorail Nut
If Bombardier has anything to do with the monorails, WDW would be lucky to see them by the 60th anniversary. They have been sued by customers from all over the world for not delivering on their contracts. The city I live in is already a couple of years behind in getting light rail transit vehicles with no end in site. We piggied back on the Toronto contract that other posters already mentioned.

If the rumor is true I hope Disney puts some very stiff penalties for late deliveries in the contract language.
Yea, Disney also already sued them the last time. Which is why I’m surprised with the rumor with them going with bombardier again. But with that being said, if I’m not mistaken isn’t he light rail and monorail separate entities when it comes down to deliveries?

floridagirl57

Say what you want about Tom and the Voldemort of Disney sites, but he is not clickbait and can be counted on to be at least as reliable as other insiders. If he is posting it, there is likely some smoke leading to that fire. Based on the recent history of the monorails and their age now approaching a service life almost 50% longer than the next longest served Disney Monorail, its not out of line to guess that even WDW management is going to have to upgrade these trains sooner over later.
I really dislike that site as much as the next person but if my memory is correct, it was the first source that Disney was lifting blackout dates for Silver FL passholders last August. (Please correct me if I'm wrong but I'm almost certain that site broke the news first, I remember being very skeptical.) So yea, there is some merit there, as far as I'm concerned.

GCTales

The one Disney ride with which I am fairly familiar had some strong penalty language and resulted in a lawsuit.

So, no, Disney is not afraid to put penalty clauses in contracts, enforce them, and go after vendors for Damage.

NelsonRD

The depressing part is, even if they do replace the monorail fleet, it would not enhance my experience at all. To get from MK to HS, I would still need to get on a monorail at magic kingdom, get off at the ticket and transportation center, get on another monorail, take that to Epcot, walk to International Gateway, get on a Gondola, take that to Caribbean Beach, get off that, and get back on another Gondola to Hollywood Studios.

Should have done one project, and extended the monorail loop from Epcot to HS and AK. Before I am attacked with cost, it just seems more efficient in the long run to maintain one transportation system.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
The depressing part is, even if they do replace the monorail fleet, it would not enhance my experience at all. To get from MK to HS, I would still need to get on a monorail at magic kingdom, get off at the ticket and transportation center, get on another monorail, take that to Epcot, walk to International Gateway, get on a Gondola, take that to Caribbean Beach, get off that, and get back on another Gondola to Hollywood Studios.

Should have done one project, and extended the monorail loop from Epcot to HS and AK. Before I am attacked with cost, it just seems more efficient in the long run to maintain one transportation system.

The problem there is that the monorail is about as inefficient as you can get. Mechanical nightmares that eat electic for breakfast.

msg7

If this rumor is true, I predict the first of the fleet will arrive in late 2020, early 2021 and we will see it in service by spring/summer of 2021.... If Disney could work some magic, maybe late 2019, early 2020 we might be seeing the first of them....

Bocabear

That is truly what they should have done...Cost be damned... The Walt Disney Company rakes in record profits every year despite all the growth...They can well afford to expand the monorail system, but in looking for a cheaper alternative they continue to "Frankenstein" the property with all sorts of transportation cobbled together that is not efficient for the guests.

jakeman

Or just take the bus from MK directly to DHS...

EDIT: I really feel like more effort should have been put into making it seem even more arduous to get from MK to DHS. Maybe next time figure out a way to loop in a Lynx bus and Hogwarts Express?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom