News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

bcoachable

Because it's well written.
Energy wasn't.
I’m not sure it was any more well written, but American Adventure is based on history, leaving it somewhat timeless - Energy was trying to be about the. edutainment of the subject matter, and that is becoming harder and harder to pull off in today’s world. *(I do believe, however, if allowed, imagineering could have pulled it off)

EricsBiscuit

Sure. People kept falling asleep in it.
That doesn't mean anything other than people are tired
Because it's well written.
Energy wasn't.
Energy it was mentioned earlier was actually very well written. All the people mentioned and the show Jeopardy are still relevant today. Something very few things from the 90s that haven't been updated accomplish.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
It is a replacement, not an addition.

To quibble: It's a replacement and an expansion with the building of a gravity building. The park's footprint just got bigger.

And WRT whether Energy was well-written: dinosaurs. Oil doesn't come from dinosaurs. Bad education makes for bad edutainment. And Bill Nye had to give a hand-waving explanation for why they were there: because they're cool! Bad entertainment. Bad entertainment makes for bad edutainment.

We're not losing an Energy edutainment pavilion. We never had one.

Bairstow

Energy it was mentioned earlier was actually very well written. All the people mentioned and the show Jeopardy are still relevant today. Something very few things from the 90s that haven't been updated accomplish.

They also managed to pick a trio of actors whose careers weren't marred by tragedy or scandal for 20 years, which isn't something you can say about many of the mid-'90s celebrity-based Disney attractions. I do think the Ellen rewrite was an overall upgrade, since it added an actual narrative to the attraction and some desperately-needed humor to its gargantuan runtime.

EricsBiscuit

They also managed to pick a trio of actors whose careers weren't marred by tragedy or scandal for 20 years, which isn't something you can say about many of the mid-'90s celebrity-based Disney attractions. I do think the Ellen rewrite was an overall upgrade, since it added an actual narrative to the attraction and some desperately-needed humor to its gargantuan runtime.
The loss of the song was a big downer though.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
To quibble: It's a replacement and an expansion with the building of a gravity building. The park's footprint just got bigger.
Good point. I agree.
Bill Nye had to give a hand-waving explanation for why they were there: because they're cool!
Off topic, but Bill Nye is a sham, IMO. He is nothing more than an actor with a degree in mechanical engineering. Dont get me wrong, that is a nice degree to have, but how does that qualify him to speak about Dinosaurs, global warming, or the moon landings? lol. If there is anything I dont mind about the attraction changing, its his bad edutainment.

montyz81

I genuinely loved the original EPCOT. Yes, UoE was the least interesting FW attraction, but it was still enjoyable and genuinely unique. More importantly, it was one of the last two pieces of the glory days we had left. Now we are left with a slightly diminished but still spectacular SSE, and that’s it.

The scope of what WDW has destroyed in FW is honestly staggering.
I'd argue that TT2.0 makes an attempt to get back to what the original EC was all about. It is a good (not spectacular)attempt at educating, entertaining through thrill and talking about the future. It is somewhat inspiring.
Also, the Land boat ride still has an education feel to it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom