News Announced: Mary Poppins Attraction in UK Pavilion

Kman101

I think a lot of people will be surprised when they see it will be kind of like Tony’s oringal idea, but not on that big of a scale..... mostly like ...Alice.. in Disneyland.. ;)

Well, more like a current day version of Alice.....;)

I'd take Alice anyday anywhere, so if it's similar I'm happy with that .... I also wish we'd have gotten an Alice ride in New Fantasyland (along with a Beauty and the Beast ride) ....

mitchk

I'd take Alice anyday anywhere, so if it's similar I'm happy with that .... I also wish we'd have gotten an Alice ride in New Fantasyland (along with a Beauty and the Beast ride) ....

I hear you, I think Alice would have been a great addition to NFL, I personally think they should have done that instead of enchanted tales with Bell, but what can you do? Anyway .. the concept for the Marry ride, is pretty simplistic from what I have heard, I’m no insider, but I may know a few;) Anyway, like I said this will be a D ticket attraction at best.... At this point ..I’m happy with anything new:)

Kman101

The parks could all use a few D's ...

I'm really excited for Rat and Mary in the World Showcase. Will be nice to have new things to ride. I know for many reasons some aren't thrilled but I think given the character/IP mandate, they're solid choices for their locations. Rat maybe not the most impressive use of LPS but it looks zippy and fun. It's not perfect but I'm glad we're getting it. I really need to see them start building Mary ASAP though because I fear they won't go through with it.

mitchk

The parks could all use a few D's ...

I'm really excited for Rat and Mary in the World Showcase. Will be nice to have new things to ride. I know for many reasons some aren't thrilled but I think given the character/IP mandate, they're solid choices for their locations. Rat maybe not the most impressive use of LPS but it looks zippy and fun. It's not perfect but I'm glad we're getting it. I really need to see them start building Mary ASAP though because I fear they won't go through with it.

Things always change, but, right now .. Mary has the green light ... as of now :)

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Has there been a sketch of how this would fit within the UK pavilion? Can't really imagine it looking at satellite maps.

Up in this thread...

The area within the current UK border that comprises the garden, maze, and surrounding tree-berm is half an acre, shown in the white box.

The area behind the UK comprises the roadway turnaround (which @marni1971 said was going to be 'rationalised') and storage units abutting the IG Gondola Station is 1.1 acres, shown in the pink box.

So, you would have at most 1.6 acres to work with.

Trying to figure out the size of the attractions you asked for is difficult because they're housed in a large building. But I believe Mr. Toad is .3 acres and the entire building for Toad, Pan, and Alice is .6 acres. In the MK, Pan is .3 acres and IaSW is 1.5 acres.

View attachment 269153

Phineas

I'm just thrilled that one of the best movies from disney past is finally going to be represented in a park. Mary Poppins is my all time favorite. Now if only the aristocats and rescuers could see some love.
The dragonfly sequence from The Rescuers is practically begging to be turned into an attraction. I never really thought of that until now, wow.

Edit: Mary Poppins is my favorite, too. I think it's Walt Disney's crowning achievement, as far as movies go.

drizgirl

The dragonfly sequence from The Rescuers is practically begging to be turned into an attraction. I never really thought of that until now, wow.

Edit: Mary Poppins is my favorite, too. I think it's Walt Disney's crowning achievement, as far as movies go.
I bet Disney wants to bury The Rescuers long about now because of the alligator story line.

Phineas

I bet Disney wants to bury The Rescuers long about now because of the alligator story line.
Fair point, but I'm not sure how long that one will last, with utmost sympathy to the event in question.

I mean, you already have Tick-Tock from Peter Pan's Flight, The alligators on Jungle Cruise, an alligator in the Electric Water Pageant, and I vaguely remember seeing Louis from Princess and the Frog in a parade the last time I was there. I wouldn't be surprised if they shied away from adding more alligators, but I also don't see any lasting efforts to remove the existing ones, either.

Skibum1970

Fair point, but I'm not sure how long that one will last, with utmost sympathy to the event in question.

I mean, you already have Tick-Tock from Peter Pan's Flight, The alligators on Jungle Cruise, an alligator in the Electric Water Pageant, and I vaguely remember seeing Louis from Princess and the Frog in a parade the last time I was there. I wouldn't be surprised if they shied away from adding more alligators, but I also don't see any lasting efforts to remove the existing ones, either.

I can't see them getting too worked up about alligators. It was just one of those things. They have now posted signs warning people and people will ignore the signs and the ropes.

One could say that they are going to take lions out of the safari ride because lions attack people. Or hippos. I don't see an alligator represented in a ride and think, "Oh, that poor kid who was attacked." For Poppins, they shouldn't have penguins because those birds can give a mean pinch. Oh, Chimneysweeps popping out of my chimney and dancing on my roof? Invasion of privacy.

I say most of this with tongue firmly in cheek.

drizgirl

It's not just that they are gators. It's that they were gators stalking a small child. I don't expect The Rescuers to get much play any time soon. Which is a shame. We enjoyed it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom