Toy Story Land expansion announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
This has probably been asked already and if so forgive my asking: BUT what, if anything will happen to Pixar Place as a result of this expansion? One doesn't negate the other -- obviously TSL and Pixar Place can coexist but doesn't Pixar Place becomes somewhat redundant or unnecessary now?
It becomes backstage.

Indeed.

Keep in mind "Pixar Place" was a tragically undeveloped land, and I'm using 'land' super generously. All it was was the entrance to TSM and and narrow brick buildout to the side of TGMR in which they had a Pixar shop and M&G. And that's it. More like Pixar Cubby Hole than 'Place.'

Zipadeelady

Apologies for being that person who I'm sure isn't the first person to ask but 529 pages is a lot to go through. I know grand opening is June 30th. We will be visiting just a few days before and leaving on the 30th. Does anyone know if TSL will be open prior and are fastpasses ever offered before an official opening?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Apologies for being that person who I'm sure isn't the first person to ask but 529 pages is a lot to go through. I know grand opening is June 30th. We will be visiting just a few days before and leaving on the 30th. Does anyone know if TSL will be open prior and are fastpasses ever offered before an official opening?

Nope, not yet. No official announcements and no indications from any of our insiders yet as to what would be available before the official opening or when FPs become available.

Cmdr_Crimson

Just curious to know if they were also going to be adding the Buzz Lightyear statue on the opposite entrance from Galaxy's edge? Seems that the other playlands have one...
disney-2.jpg

Bob Harlem

The rumoured new fastpass tiers reported by Kenny the Pirate. Now it's the wait for official confirmation from Disney. All Toy Story rides Tier 1 and everything else moving down.

I hope this is an April fools joke.

edit: At least it'll be charming to say I've got me a tier 1 "(fill in the acronym for the saucers ride)" fast pass.

Last edited:

Rteetz

Nope.

Based on the experience of someone booking CL FPs. The post seems legit, he even included screen shots showing the choices, as in "You may choose one of the following tier 1 rides" with the 3 TSL rides listed, and everything else listed under tier 2.

Pretty sure @Rteetz can chime in with more info/details.
Yep all 3 TSL attractions are tier 1. Everything else at DHS is tier 2 beginning June 30th.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom