Magic Kingdom 50th Anniversary Plans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cesar R M

Unlike other disney parks, Tokyo would usually add something new every few years. Especially when it's seasonal such as a few water shows during Summer.
The only thing WDW does for Easter is a pre-parade and meet and greet with Mr and Mrs Easter Bunny (Who deserve a redesign instead of reusing the old White Rabbit look). While Tokyo has its own Easter parade.
I'm still baffled how WDW still has no night parade while other smaller parks like Tokyo somehow manages to have parades for almost every festivity and constant refreshes.

Kinda shows you what kind of leadership they have.

brb1006

I remember being amazed by the Millenium and 100 Years of Magic celebrations. :) And the 10th, 15th, and 25th anniversaries as well. The 20th is the only one that I don't recall being very memorable, and, of course, every one since the end of the 100 Years of Magic celebration.
The only notable things made to celebrate WDW's 20th Anniversary did a Surprise In The Skies show at Epcot's Worldshowcase and Spectromagic debuted at the Magic Kingdom.

Here's a commercial from 1991

But my favorite WDW anniversary advertisements was for the 25th since it aimed for not only children but adult Disney fans, families and for the young at heart. Unlike the modern Disney commercials made post 2004 when they started aiming more for the child demographic. Most of these can be found on old Disney VHS tapes.

But the Millennium Celebration promo is the one I remember the most which featured Mickey holding a child's hand and also touching.

The last WDW commercial that was geared toward both demographics and still touching was the 100 Years Of Magic commercials made in honor of Walt Disney's 100th Birthday

I'm a bit nervous and eager to see how Walt Disney World's 50th Anniversary commercials might turn out. I remember enjoying Disneyland's 60th Anniversary ads that were set to "Forever Young" which was one of the themes to that anniversary.

Cesar R M

yes but they NEVER seem to give the Florida property the same love they give to Disneyland...I can't imagine they will even get close. We will get banners and cupcakes, tons of advertising and up-charge events and experiences, but I am sure in the end, the things that are specifically being done for the 50th (not stuff already planned that will coincide with it) will be of little substance....and for sure, a lot less than Disneyland got.
I can't wait for the return of the infamous castle float.

Clopin Trouillefou

I don't know that Brazil will open by Summer 2021. But I believe it will open.

1522257895611.png

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
The only notable things made to celebrate WDW's 20th Anniversary did a Surprise In The Skies show at Epcot's Worldshowcase and Spectromagic debuted at the Magic Kingdom.

Here's a commercial from 1991

But my favorite WDW anniversary advertisements was for the 25th since it aimed for not only children but adult Disney fans, families and for the young at heart. Unlike the modern Disney commercials made post 2004 when they started aiming more for the child demographic. Most of these can be found on old Disney VHS tapes.

But the Millennium Celebration promo is the one I remember the most which featured Mickey holding a child's hand and also touching.

The last WDW commercial that was geared toward both demographics and still touching was the 100 Years Of Magic commercials made in honor of Walt Disney's 100th Birthday

I'm a bit nervous and eager to see how Walt Disney World's 50th Anniversary commercials might turn out. I remember enjoying Disneyland's 60th Anniversary ads that were set to "Forever Young" which was one of the themes to that anniversary.

Who keeps cutting onions around me every time that video where the child walks for the first time to Mickey is on?!?!?! :cry:

brb1006

Anybody else remember the old "we're too excited to sleep" commercials? I don't think they were attached to a major celebration, but my family still quotes it the night before every trip.

I remember that commercial (2008), but I remember the last really touching commercials for Walt Disney World was the "Magic Happens" ads made between 2001 till 2003 during the 100 Years Of Magic. I seriously miss when Disney made commercials like these.

Here are the others

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I heard May 2021 to 12/31/22 was considered. I’m sure there are many complexities to nailing down a date. But the announced projects can all complete by then. I expect the announced projects with one more at Epcot, an impressive entertainment package at all four parks, and a surprising number of significant ride refurbishments. What more could one ask for?

Do you know if Spirit's rumor of 50 things for the 50th is still under consideration?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I'm still baffled how WDW still has no night parade while other smaller parks like Tokyo somehow manages to have parades for almost every festivity and constant refreshes.

Really? It's been discussed quite a few times...

1. WDW improperly stored Spectromagic while using DL's MSEP such that Spectro had to be junked.
2. DL demended MSEP back.
3. HEA was determined to be good enough for evening entertainment until the budgeted 50th anniversary night parade was to be revealed for the 50th celebration.

Last edited by a moderator:

TTA94

I heard May 2021 to 12/31/22 was considered. I’m sure there are many complexities to nailing down a date. But the announced projects can all complete by then. I expect the announced projects with one more at Epcot, an impressive entertainment package at all four parks, and a surprising number of significant ride refurbishments. What more could one ask for?

When do you think we will hear about all the new entertainment offerings and refurbishments?

BrianLo

It seems stupid, but Animal Kingdom literally has one job with their 50th budget - fix the yeti.

They can market the crap out of that.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Hopefully the prove us wrong for once. I'm not holding my breath but I believe our insiders by what they tell us, what the current plan is. I believe that. I just don't trust them to stick with it. lol. I fully believe they have plans in mind. I still don't think whatever they do will satisfy some though. What are people truly expecting? What would make it a solid 50th anniversary celebration in some of your eyes? (And be realistic ....) A lot of the ride additions have been dismissed by many ...

Here's the deal I think (and insiders confirm this) WDI has come up with some incredible concepts for the 50'th, The problem as usual at WDW is TDO's accountants will never fund the concepts.

"No Bucks No, Buck Rogers"

http://www.tcm.com/mediaroom/video/477917/Right-Stuff-The-Movie-Clip-No-Buck-Rogers.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom