Magic Kingdom 50th Anniversary Plans

Status
Not open for further replies.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
There are actual reasons why they wouldn't do castle decorations anymore (projections). And also despite reliable insiders telling us that there will be at least some effort put in to the 50th, you choose to ignore the,

The insiders speak of plans, Plans depend on funding in the parking charge era of of WDW which is going to get funded decorations which by definition have a 1 year lifespan OR funding for staff and equipment for events which produce incremental revenue???.

As much as I don't like the answer the question answers itself. I don't confuse what I'd like to happen with what will happen when every decision at the park is made with 'will this please Wall St'. Before Iger took over there was at least a balance between pleasing the guest and pleasing Wall St. That balance is gone.

brb1006

Some banners and gold touches will be enough. They don't need to waste time or money overdoing the castle. JMO.
Here's how Tokyo's castle looked during their 30th Anniversary where they didn't put to much decoration but just the number 30 and a few small decorations. But still keeping the normal look.
a87f31a200b828ce0b5d071f528cfca7.jpg

Which light up at night.
tokyo-disneyland.jpg

c4dbff7b636e3cd7750d1dca49a910e8.jpg

Last edited:

Stitchmon

Here's how Tokyo's castle looked during their 30th Anniversary where they didn't put to much decoration but just the number 30 and a few small decorations. But still keeping the normal look.
a87f31a200b828ce0b5d071f528cfca7.jpg

Which light up at night.
tokyo-disneyland.jpg

c4dbff7b636e3cd7750d1dca49a910e8.jpg

God that's so pretty, I loved the 50th Disneyland decorations, but wouldn't mind having something simple like this. (also taking into consideration WDW was not the first park, so I feel it's gonna be toned down a degree)

trainplane3

The first 35th Event soft opened overnight!(US Time): Fashionable Easter 2018 at TDS

I don't pay as much attention to TDL as I should but how much of that show is brand new? Because if they built new floats and created a new score...then wow. Would this show be used next year or is it a 2018 Easter only kind of deal?

Another question, what does WDW even do for Easter?

Ag11gani

I don't pay as much attention to TDL as I should but how much of that show is brand new? Because if they built new floats and created a new score...then wow. Would this show be used next year or is it a 2018 Easter only kind of deal?

It was created in 2015 and then used last year and now this year. In 2017 they changed the character costumes and music, then this year they added in the 35th anniversary theme song, also creating two costumes for some characters so they can do the costume switch.

Having seen the 2015 version in perosn I believe it was the best with 2017 the worst and 2018 in the middle. We don't know if it will return next year.

deWild

Keep in mind that any changes to the castle is going to also require changes or updates to HEA projections. Insiders say that there's either a new 50th show coming or an updating of HEA.

Any chance they would consider installing permanent lighting within the castle's exterior for this project? If they use very slim LEDs that match the paint it would kill two birds with one stone - no more castle dream light crane, and an update to HEA.

brb1006

Unlike other disney parks, Tokyo would usually add something new every few years. Especially when it's seasonal such as a few water shows during Summer.
The only thing WDW does for Easter is a pre-parade and meet and greet with Mr and Mrs Easter Bunny (Who deserve a redesign instead of reusing the old White Rabbit look). While Tokyo has its own Easter parade.

Last edited:

TTA94

Any chance they would consider installing permanent lighting within the castle's exterior for this project? If they use very slim LEDs that match the paint it would kill two birds with one stone - no more castle dream light crane, and an update to HEA.

I would think eventually they will want to make a change from installing the castle dream lights every year. Unfortunately it’s replacement will likely be in the form of projections.

BrianLo

Keep in mind Tokyo Disney Resort received a nearly 20% attendance bump for their 30th anniversary. Which shocked the pants off their executives. Without having opened anything really major for the previous 7 years to boot. OLC are now highly motivated to go all in on anniversaries.

I think Burbank has felt the same general sentiment after DL's 60th. To be fair I did both Tokyo's and DL's anniversaries and felt by far and away DL did a much more elaborate job.

So there is strong hope for WDW. This is clearly the big one and the funding is currently flowing quite freely worldwide. So there is no excuse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom