How long before we start seeing tattoos on Disney CM's?

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
But it would have been acceptable and in character. Just as it was for Maui to have tattoos because he suffered from a superiority complex.

1189882.png

Phil12

Maui is half god and half mortal. It's easy to assign characteristics to such works of fiction as it was with the Genie in Aladdin or the gods in Hercules. Clearly Maui has very low self esteem due to his overwhelming insecurity and his personality is very flawed. And, of course, due to his ability to shape shift he can get rid of the tattoos at any time he desires.

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
Maui is half god and half mortal. It's easy to assign characteristics to such works of fiction as it was with the Genie in Aladdin or the gods in Hercules. Clearly Maui has very low self esteem due to his overwhelming insecurity and his personality is very flawed. And, of course, due to his ability to shape shift he can get rid of the tattoos at any time he desires.

So long as he stays in the shape he shifted to. His tats stay on his human form .

TrojanUSC

Walt famously wanted his cast members to be "part of the show," not the show itself. If there is something about a cast member's physical appearance that is distracting to the show around them, it shouldn't be permitted. This is how tattoos were seen. Sadly they've relaxed so many of the other rules over the years because of changing cultural trends and a lack of labor resources.

Me 'Earties

Not all treasure is silver and gold, mate
I think it would be acceptable and in character for a Disney villain such as Brom Bones or Gaston to have multiple tattoos. However it would not be acceptable for a Disney hero or heroine (such as Snow White) to have tats. Popeye is accepted because he has a very low intellect and social status. He's a sailor and they're expected to have tattoos and other bad habits such as smoking a pipe.

But it would have been acceptable and in character. Just as it was for Maui to have tattoos because he suffered from a superiority complex.

My goodness-how much of a troll are you?

TXDisney

I think Disney will always make CM cover tattoos. Mainly bc of how it may offend people. And when you talk about what night or might not offend someone it’s a grey area, so it’s best to just avoid it. And that’s what they do. And should continue to do. Most tattoos are easy to cover. Don’t get a visible tattoo or cover that visible tattoo of you want to be a CM. It’s simple.

danyoung56

They used to be against any facial hair whatsoever. The they allowed mustaches, and the world didn't end. Now they allow full beards, and don't have any problem with it.

Times (and standards) change . . .

BellFamily2000

There was a time when that mattered. Taking a moment to savor the fact it's gradually dying out.

?
We were there last summer as a family and there were two men in Hollywood Studios working in shops who had the same skirts and tops on that most of the females were wearing. I had to look twice to make sure but sure enough they were men. One was 20 something and the other was around 40’s I’m guessing. I then had to explain to my son who was asking why the guys were wearing dresses like the girls. There were ladies in pantsuits there also. Anyway I was surprised a little but not ready to explain to my young kids about people’s clothes on vacation.

Tony the Tigger

We were there last summer as a family and there were two men in Hollywood Studios working in shops who had the same skirts and tops on that most of the females were wearing. I had to look twice to make sure but sure enough they were men. One was 20 something and the other was around 40’s I’m guessing. I then had to explain to my son who was asking why the guys were wearing dresses like the girls. There were ladies in pantsuits there also. Anyway I was surprised a little but not ready to explain to my young kids about people’s clothes on vacation.

So...was this a costume? What kind of shop?

Ladies in pantsuits? (gasp!)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom