How long before we start seeing tattoos on Disney CM's?

Dole Whip Happy Hour

i think sometimes there is a point to be made that when you travel, not sure what the percentage is of people visiting are of locals vs travelers, but when you travel you need to keep your mind open to different ideas and the ways people live. If you wanted to see the same ideas, same view of life, as are in your own home town, you might as well set up some posters, and pose come scarecrows in your backyard, borrow/rent a four wheeler, drive around and say "weee". If the local Floridians that work at Disney have tattoos, that is how it is...

Last edited:

mergatroid

Original Poster
i think sometimes there is a point to be made that when you travel, not sure what the percentage is of people visiting are of locals vs travelers, but when you travel you need to keep your mind open to different ideas and the ways people live. If you wanted to see the same ideas, same view of life, as are in your own home town, you might as well set up some posters, and pose come scarecrows in your backyard, borrow/rent a four wheeler, drive around and say "weee". If the local Floridians that work at Disney have tattoos, that is how it is...

Indeed it is. What about the ones that smoke, does that mean they should smoke whilst working because that is how it is? (I realise that smoking can cause cancer, however I doubt a none smoker would get lung cancer merely passing a smoking cm).

Again it's an image of the company issue rather than a judgement of their life choices for me.

Smooth

This is the way the Marines do it.
1522432035057.png

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
The Marines seem concerned about knees and elbows -- is there something about tattoo ink that weakens joints?

Dole Whip Happy Hour

Indeed it is. What about the ones that smoke, does that mean they should smoke whilst working because that is how it is? (I realise that smoking can cause cancer, however I doubt a none smoker would get lung cancer merely passing a smoking cm).
First I have no problem with smokers, I smoked for 10 years. This is not an issue about smokers.
Cast members very likely (I don't know for sure) have smoking areas to smoke on their breaks, many, if not most service front type businesses don't let employees smoke when they work with customers, but can smoke in designated smoke areas. Given the crowds, it could cause guests to be burned by bumping into them, possible fires ( even though that's long shot), might trigger health issues, irritate lung problems or allergies, and secondhand smoke is just as bad as first hand. Most restaurants and many bars where I live are smoke free.
Tattoo people do not pose health issues to others just by having a tattoo. It is two separate things. Smoking is an action, something one does, tattoos are a decoration or artwork.
I don't understand comparing the two..

mergatroid

Original Poster
Cast members very likely (I don't know for sure) have smoking areas to smoke on their breaks, many, if not most service front type businesses don't let employees smoke when they work with customers, but can smoke in designated smoke areas. Given the crowds, it could cause guests to be burned by bumping into them, possible fires ( even though that's long shot), might trigger health issues, irritate lung problems or allergies, and secondhand smoke is just as bad as first hand. Most restaurants and many bars where I live are smoke free.
Tattoo people do not pose health issues to others just by having a tattoo. It is two separate things. Smoking is an action, something one does, tattoos are a decoration or artwork.
I don't understand comparing the two..

Because it's the appearance of the two which in my opinion makes a CM look professional, smart and tidy whilst the other kind of distorts that. I could have used an example of a waiter or waitress in a nice restaurant chewing gum whilst working, I chew gum myself sometimes but understand that I can't at work as it doesn't look professional. Or perhaps a guy working at a funeral parlor wearing a baseball cap during the funeral service. The ability to do his job isn't hampered by his baseball cap, however the appearance of it would look very unprofessional.

I'm not coming at this with an agenda to change anything, if Disney already allowed visible tattoos I wouldn't be protesting to have them banned. If they change their rules I won't start a petition or stop going, I'll accept that times are changing and visible tattoos are the way to go. Really I'm just gauging the likelihood of this as the popularity of tattoos currently shows many like them. My personal feeling that they don't look professional in certain settings is just that, I don't make the rules just like most adults know the rules before choosing to get a tattoo.

Last edited:

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
Him/Her it doesn't really matter I still think that he/she was talking about Graphite. I believe either gender can comment. Or should we refer to everyone as "it".

Whatever, man. Have it your way. I'm not going to try to explain it again, I'm out.

Note to self: Self, next time you are tempted to post in a thread, remember this exchange and back away from the keyboard.

Goofyernmost

Whatever, man. Have it your way. I'm not going to try to explain it again, I'm out.

Note to self: Self, next time you are tempted to post in a thread, remember this exchange and back away from the keyboard.
I didn't intend to upset you, and for the life of me, I don't understand why you are. I merely pointed out that I can't think of a single reason why it makes a difference whether or not it's a he or a she. The point was that I think that the comment was about Graphite not Danyoung. I can't stop you from somehow taking offense to that, and, I guess it just isn't possible to say the right thing all the time.

Tony the Tigger

You know what they say... You only get one chance to make a first impression. That actually covers both sides of the argument. Don't mind me, I'm just revving up my engine while firmly in neutral. :cool::joyfull:

I agree. All tattoos are not the same, and presenting them can make an impression.

OTOH, commenting that anyone with a tattoo is trash/has poor judgment can also make an impression.

It all depends on who you’d like to impress.

Yes, she quoted your post responding to graphite, to let you know that you should ignore him because he was trolling, not to accuse you of doing so. :)

Thank you! That was a frustrating read.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom