The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

12in12

Every year for almost as long as I've been alive the Chicago River is dyed green in honor or St. Patty's Day. Good pictures, awesome in person!
It is dyed by the Chicago's Plumbers Union always.

BBKdFVP.img
I love the bright green, very cheerful. :D

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
My DD was in Middle School the first time she highlighted her hair. About the same age as my son. It is hair. No more no less as long as it is child safe. My DD was at that preteen age where blonde went to an strange shade of dirty blonde/light brown. Fine highlights of blonde were added and it perked her up and ended that blah appearance of those few years of growing pains.

My son being a swimmer the guys for Conference and State always did something to the hair on their head as the 'balance' was gone. Some years it was touches of blue, some years it was beyond bleach blonde.
Most parents allowed a few forbid. Me, for both of them it was just hair, it grows, it gets cut. Wasn't a battle I chose to care to take a stand on.

My mom allowed us to henna our hair since about the age of eight or nine. Before that, she allowed us to put lemon juice in it before going to the beach, which gives you sun kissed highlights

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
Disney Inn, The

Disney Inn, The Golf hotel at Walt Disney World, formerly The Golf Resort. The name was changed in 1986. The hotel was popular not only for golfers, but by other guests because its more secluded location, not on the Monorail line, made it seem quieter and more restful. Leased by the government in 1994 for military personnel and renamed Shades of Green.

I'll definitely be doing a full trip report when we go for a week in September. So if anyone has any particular curiosities about the resort, let me know!!

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
How did your hubbies leg hold up this trip???been thinking about him with all that walking.

The ankle held up really well, it got a little swollen at the end of the day but nothing too bad. We took the trip slower than we normally do and that was one of the reasons. We also just wanted to relax more. We will be there again in a couple months so we wanted to enjoy the flowers and sun after the blah of winter.

Hmm . . . I wonder why they don't list their performance times, like they do for some others? To me, those guys ARE the MK--they're part of the charm and festive atmosphere of Main Street USA.

I have seen schedules for them before but this time we couldn't find anything. We even stopped in at City Hall and they couldn't give us a list of performance times. I even stopped a custodial cast member, I figured if they worked the area most days they might know the schedule, unfortunately she didn't speak English so that didn't work. But at least we got to see them once they are one of the best parts of Main Street.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom