Rumor New nighttime show at Epcot

TTA94

Have you seen Ignite the Dream or Illumiatons (at DLP)... they are quite painful to watch.

I feel like he has lost his touch Disneyland Forever wasn't amazing IMO.

I enjoyed Ignite the Dream and Disney Illuminations from Paris, but that’s just my opinion of course. I like that Steve uses WoC type fountains in most of his castle shows which I am a fan of lol and I feel if Steve had done HEA it would have included fountains. Fingers crossed he’s involved in most projects involving the 50th.

Cesar R M

"To all who come to this place of joy, hope and friendship, welcome.
Epcot Center is inspired by Walt Disney's goals. Here, human achievements are celebrated through imagination, the wonders of enterprise, and concepts of a future that promises new and exciting benefits for all.
May Epcot Center entertain, inform and inspire. And, above all, may it instill a new sense of belief and pride in man's ability to shape a world that offers hope to people everywhere." - Epcot dediction

They both actually fit into the park's dedication/message statement.
Please tell me how Frozen fits in the human achievement? or future that promises new and exciting benefits. I'm waiting.

What Guardians (a completely made up world with superheroes and superpowered being) somehow fits in human achievements? or concepts of a future that promises new exciting benefits?

180º

Have you seen Ignite the Dream or Illumiatons (at DLP)... they are quite painful to watch.

I feel like he has lost his touch Disneyland Forever wasn't amazing IMO.
I agree, and I don’t much like Davison-produced shows. That said, he did contribute to RoE’s pyro, so he deserves credit for that. What we are really missing is the genius of Don Dorsey. He had a way of making vague nighttime shows into something elegant, clear, and compelling.

articos

This show will be a departure from RoE. As i have said previous, it will take a bit from RoL, not as much RoE anymore (will have similar style pyro, fountains, etc.), and, dare I say it, some Tokyo DisneySea harbor show mixed in (and DRONEZZZ). This will be one of, if not the most unique show on property when all is said and done, and I wouldn't give up hope for no IP yet (but I wouldn't hold my breath). This show is in good hands and has good intentions (then again, so did RoL,) so let us hope it does us and EPCOT proud. (Also, still hearing 2019/2020, but it could be on the early side of that)
What Magic Feather said. Also, I wouldn’t be concerned for the holiday tags.

Kman101

What's making them push this seemingly a bit sooner than expected? For once I'd have been fine with this pushed back until 2021 or even 2022 for Epcot's 40th. But I know I put more importance on that than they do ... lol

Let's hope all the tech comes together ....

jrhwdw

What's making them push this seemingly a bit sooner than expected? For once I'd have been fine with this pushed back until 2021 or even 2022 for Epcot's 40th. But I know I put more importance on that than they do ... lol

Let's hope all the tech comes together ....
Could it be that WDW wants to balance the crowds with the opening of SW: GE with an Epcot draw? Plus we all know Mk isnt rushing a night parade so if there is going to be new night entertainment, it'll have to be another park.

Any chance of surprising us with the new show Christmas 2018?

hpyhnt 1000

A new fireworks show, while exciting for us super fans, will not be enough to draw others away from SW:GE. We need to be realistic here, lol.

True, but even a bit at the margins can help. Anything to pull a few thousand folks away from the much smaller DHS (and MK) to the much larger Epcot is welcomed. A new nighttime show, along with Epcot's superior dining options, could do that and at least help with the overcrowding that happens right now at MK and that is sure to happen at DHS.

jrhwdw

True, but even a bit at the margins can help. Anything to pull a few thousand folks away from the much smaller DHS (and MK) to the much larger Epcot is welcomed. A new nighttime show, along with Epcot's superior dining options, could do that and at least help with the overcrowding that happens right now at MK and that is sure to happen at DHS.
Plus if this is done as well as ROE was it might take some people from HEA.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Please tell me how Frozen fits in the human achievement? or future that promises new and exciting benefits. I'm waiting.
Without air conditioning, people couldn't live in Florida. And it illustrates that not everybody who wants to help you has your best interests at heart.

What Guardians (a completely made up world with superheroes and superpowered being) somehow fits in human achievements? or concepts of a future that promises new exciting benefits?
The music is great. And it inspires younger kids to want to explore space.

Haymarket2008

I completely agree, and am NOT on board with Guardians in Epcot, but I can’t help but wonder how Captain EO is any different.

gsimpson

I truly hope they don't turn illuminations (or its replacement) into yet another "tribute to the beloved characters of Disney" show which typically are completely vapid and are characterized by an incoherent romp through low resolution vignettes based on wide ranging IP or characters Disney owns that according to their own much vaunted but usually ignored "canon" rules should never appear together. Fountain People (the company responsible for much of fountain equipment at WoC) fountains would not work in the world showcase lagoon without draining it, lining it, and adding a filtration system to it. The up front cost would be huge and the recurring cost would be substantial, which would be possible but seems unlikely. I suspect there will be drones but hopefully they are something more interesting than the Intel drones. If they did something more like the Atmos-Pixiel drones that are used in the pou du fu theme park shows in France (look at their shows if you want to see what is possible) that would be fantastic!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom