News New Gondola Transportation - Disney Skyliner -

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
@MisterPenguin , I think you posted the route about a few hundred pages ago. Do you mind reposting? I want to look at it from an aesthetics standpoint, as some are complaining that the wires will give an appearance of high voltage wires strung around the resort. My memory is that the wiring will hardly be seen from inside a park, and maybe not as apparent as some may think standing in a resort due to the approaches and angles. Thanks!

Roughly...

1521154848459.png

Last edited:

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
@MisterPenguin , I think you posted the route about a few hundred pages ago. Do you mind reposting? I want to look at it from an aesthetics standpoint, as some are complaining that the wires will give an appearance of high voltage wires strung around the resort. My memory is that the wiring will hardly be seen from inside a park, and maybe not as apparent as some may think standing in a resort due to the approaches and angles. Thanks!
8593858C-E7BA-4780-8B5C-73577872BFA4.jpeg

Creathir

Not really. To get from DHS to MK you have to cross Epcot during park hours with a park ticket.
For the life of me I cannot figure out why they stopped the Skyliner where they did and not take it over to the front of Epcot as well.

Maybe the concern was crowds using it to traverse to the back of Epcot and overloading the IG?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
For the life of me I cannot figure out why they stopped the Skyliner where they did and not take it over to the front of Epcot as well.

Maybe the concern was crowds using it to traverse to the back of Epcot and overloading the IG?
It is rather short sighted.

This is partly a "cheaper" way and an alternative way of moving guests than using boats from CBR and POP to Epcot - which was where the whole southern transit system came from. We went from monorails to trolley busses to boats to this.

Last edited:

Creathir

It is rather short sighted.

This is partly a "cheaper" way and an alternative way of moving guests than using boats from CBR and POP to Epcot - which was where the whole southern transit system came from. We went from monorails to trolley busses to boats to this.

You would think they would have an overall master transit plan in place before dropping $200 mil on something...

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
This is an example of how it won't look like from inside the parks. Maybe from a few very specific areas from the side of the France pavilion, but that would probably be all.

Earlier in the thread...

That would be kinda hard to avoid. In the pic below, the red lines are the cables. They might be lower, and not likely to be any higher.

And due to the forced perspective, the 8-person gondolas will look to be like the giant ones that can hold 30.

View attachment 232860

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom