Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

Hatbox Ghostbuster

How many galactic credits for endlessly extolling the virtues of the Critter Country Entrance over the DHS Tunnel?

We each have what we find fun here.

That said, I do agree that the entrance to Battle Escape shouldn't be made a big deal of- especially since this has been pretty well figured out since July 27th, 2017- not just here, but I'm sure everywhere that was following D23. Here's an exchange from this very site:
https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads...ge-construction-specifics.910927/post-7826883

As for the recent back and forth- I (and Brian Lo possibly) felt a need to put up a reminder of our findings before a certain video came to be.

These projects take years. I find it fun to speculate and decode the inner workings of the plans and models. If you don't want to know any details before a land opens, a rumor blog is an odd place to frequent.
I never said I didn't want to know details before the land opens.

I just laugh when they're so hotly debated and people get all bent out of shape over it. And then get a little sad knowing how some people try and earn their livelihood by making videos "revealing" said details. But to each their own I suppose.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Wow. Haven't been able to get a grasp on the scale of this, but that video pleasantly surprised me! Hopefully nothing's too different in DHS.

Just a little reconfiguration of a queue and placement of buildings with regard to entrances to the land. Other than that (and a DHS SW Resort) they'll be almost exactly the same.

tonymu

Premium Member
A few differences from what Brian Lo drew above, here's my attempt at simplifying months of posts into a simple graphic:
View attachment 268582
Purple: exterior queue through woods leading to caves beneath waterfalls and into ruins where resistance base has been set up.
Orange: Two identical pre-show rooms exit past Poe's X-Wing and enter shuttle beneath outcropping.
Green: Simulated flight is intercepted by First Order and taken to orbiting Star Destroyer.
Blue: Disembark Shuttle into Star Destroyer hangar and load into droid driven transports. (Ride is everything to the right)
Red: Un-load and exit- possible post show elements.
Huh, I kinda had it in my head that some of the rooms under the berm next to the tunnel entrance from Grand Ave would have been restrooms for the land.

sedati

Huh, I kinda had it in my head that some of the rooms under the berm next to the tunnel entrance from Grand Ave would have been restrooms for the land.
The land will have bathrooms just outside each entrance. Gonzo’s on one side, and the new toy story toilets on the other. I expect there will be restrooms on Batuu, but probably somewhere in the marketplace area.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Huh, I kinda had it in my head that some of the rooms under the berm next to the tunnel entrance from Grand Ave would have been restrooms refreshers for the land.
The land will have bathrooms just outside each entrance. Gonzo’s on one side, and the new toy story toilets on the other. I expect there will be restrooms refreshers on Batuu, but probably somewhere in the marketplace area.

Refreshers.

sedati

Others have reported differently, but I think we can see in Bio's new aerials the concrete beginings of a transition area within the Battle Escape queue.

Here is a still from the recent drone over Disneyland footage showing the area of interest in a more complete state:

Screen Shot 2018-03-10 at 7.56.33 PM copy.png

And here's a shot of that area on the model taken from the official Star Wars site:
d23-2017-star-wars-land-model27-1024x683.jpg

And from Bioreconstuct, here is where I believe this is going at DHS:
DX5S0QuWAAAxD40.jpg large.jpg

This may be similar to the Little Mermaid where you transition through partially enclosed cave. And like that attraction, you should pass beneath at least one waterfall before entering the fully enclosed (and air conditioned) portion of the queue.

On another note... there are trash compactors on Star Destroyers are there not?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Others have reported differently, but I think we can see in Bio's new aerials the concrete beginings of a transition area within the Battle Escape queue.

Here is a still from the recent drone over Disneyland footage showing the area of interest in a more complete state:

View attachment 269577

And here's a shot of that area on the model taken from the official Star Wars site:
View attachment 269578

And from Bioreconstuct, here is where I believe this is going at DHS:View attachment 269579

This may be similar to the Little Mermaid where you transition through partially enclosed cave. And like that attraction, you should pass beneath at least one waterfall before entering the fully enclosed (and air conditioned) portion of the queue.

On another note... there are trash compactors on Star Destroyers are there not?
This is the main area that will be laid out significantly different to DL.

Disnutz311

Disney World Purist
Sorry if this has been mentioned, but what happens to Star Wars Launch Bay when GE opens? We’ve talked a little about Star Tours with no definitive answers but Disney has to have a plan to close Launch Bay. Any bits of info even being talked about? @marni1971

Certainly can’t have all three in one park in different areas, no? Confusing to some guests I would think. Does this become more like Pixar Studios on this side of the park?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom