News Announced: Mary Poppins Attraction in UK Pavilion

trainplane3

This is pretty exciting as long as it happens. I'm perfectly fine with it "only" being a C. Everything can't be an E, right? Besides, this will take some of the load of Rat and GotG when those open.

I do wonder though, is having a "quick" build time have to do with the Epcot overhaul plans? Could something in FW be closing for a refurb around the time when this opens? Either way, this is great. We need more attractions in WS, big or small.

yensidtlaw1969

Take your pick of Fantasyland dark ride. Although not Mermaid if you consider it one. No E-ticket queue for this project!
If we got a beautifully painted blacklight dark ride in the vein of Mr. Toad’s Wild Ride or Snow White’s Scary Adventures for Mary Poppins I would be in heaven.

I’m not begging for such a thing to be in Epcot, but with the direction the park is heading adding Poppins would be among the minor offences. I’ll take it.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Not to mention figures from Great Movie Ride you can repurpose.

Those weren't very good figures to begin with, the masks are old, and the robotics had severely limited movements. In a word, they were awful. Don't let fondness for the movie cloud a critical view of the apparatus.

Now, the Wicked Witch AA, *that* was good.

mikejs78

Premium Member
I just don't seem them going the Mary Poppins Returns route. Why go for that when you have the Sherman Brothers songs of the original, the iconic design and look of Mary, and the fact that is is arguably Disney's most successful/famous live action film ever?
Because it's not part of the Disney franchise strategy. Notice the storm trooper show in DHS. It's not 'March of the Empire', it's 'March of the First Order'. (And for the record I love the new movies. ). But just as we aren't getting enough classic SW in the parks in favor of the new, I suspect the same might be true of Poppins.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom